Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Warlock_75075

Kronstadt showed up in game as T9

9 comments in this topic

[-KMS-]
Members
16 posts
6,078 battles

I was playing a game several nights ago and the enemy team had a Kronstadt cruiser at Tier 9. It was a beast. Can't find any information on this ship any and have not seen it since. What gives?

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles
23 minutes ago, Warlock_75075 said:

I was playing a game several nights ago and the enemy team had a Kronstadt cruiser at Tier 9. It was a beast. Can't find any information on this ship any and have not seen it since. What gives?

It's a Russian "cruiser", perhaps considered a battlecruiser, given that it had rather large guns and above average HP.  As Chien_Lu said, it's in testing.  And the rumor seems to be that it might be the next FXP premium, though I don't think that that's been confirmed by WG, so who knows?

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
22 minutes ago, Warlock_75075 said:

Check the dev blog....

There has been plenty of information about her.

[NBGC]
Members
329 posts
3,565 battles
1 hour ago, Warlock_75075 said:

Also, check Youtube for first impressions by Community Contributors.

[FOG]
Members
288 posts
4,599 battles
2 hours ago, Warlock_75075 said:

Thanks for the note and it is interesting that you say she was a beast. I wonder if this reflects the skill of the tester and, perhaps, some very recent buffs as the CC members who have commented on YouTube and elsewhere that she does have some, arguably serious, flaws.

[-KMS-]
Members
16 posts
6,078 battles

I did not watch her a lot since I am grinding the French cruiser line and was playing the Charles Martel, which is a beer can with guns. Anyway after I died I watched as much as I could see it. Was engaged in mid to long range sniping and was very accurate. The guns seemed to deliver a lot of damage per shot. It appeared to take heavy damage when hit. At the end it had 4 kills and was down to 10% health. From what I saw I would compare it with the St. Louis at T9.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

I look forward to seeing these things go Live.

A ship as big as a Battleship but without Battleship armor.

A "Cruiser" without "Cruiser Accuracy & DPM" at high tier.

My Battleships will love these things.  There doesn't need to be a "Cruiser Killer Cruiser" at high tier because there's not many Cruisers at high tier to begin with.  ALL BBs are Cruiser Killers, and High Tier is a BB-DD affair, with the occasional CV showing up to spice things up.  The most played ships in the game are Battleships, and Tier VIII+ ones are the rulers of that.

HTReNPS.jpg

Look at how many High Tier Battleships show up in this list of Most Played Ships in Last 2 Weeks on NA Server.

16 ships made it into this screenshot.

9 of these 16 ships are Battleships.

6 of those 9 are High Tier Battleships.

1 of these 16 ships is a High Tier Cruiser, which is Des Moines.  DM is the ONLY High Tier Cruiser that makes this list.

And Kronshtadt thinks it's going to enter the High Tier BB-DD Meta and be meaningful?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this