You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jimpat2

weekly operations

13 comments in this topic

[CO_OP]
[CO_OP]
Members
205 posts
12,732 battles

how about zeroing out the stars in weekly operations every time it rotates around.  Once u get the 5 stars there isn't much of a reason to keep playing it.

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
12 minutes ago, jimpat2 said:

how about zeroing out the stars in weekly operations every time it rotates around.  Once u get the 5 stars there isn't much of a reason to keep playing it.

Although, I regularly play operations even after I've five-starred them, think I've five-starred all of them up to this point from season 1 and 2, because it is a great way to earn credits and grind out xp on tier VI and VII ships to fully upgrade them before taking them into random battles,  I think it is a good idea.Plus 1.

That and/or achievements, rewards for 5-staring an operation "x" amount of times

Edited by daVinci761st

[4HIM]
Members
1,703 posts
3,886 battles
4 minutes ago, jimpat2 said:

Once u get the 5 stars there isn't much of a reason to keep playing it.

Good way to grind ship XP.  I use it like target practice that's more challenging than normal Co-op.  I use it to grind modules for the T6 and T7 ships.  Not a great deal of fun taking a stock ship into Randoms when you're bottom tier.  

But if you've already ground past T7 in every line, I could see it being a tad dull.  I also use it to grind Commander XP for the Perth and Blys given they have no tech tree.  

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles
12 minutes ago, jimpat2 said:

That would be beyond insane.  Getting new 10 point captains every week would be way too good considering how easy they are.  
I play them a lot because they are easy ways to grind Captains.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

No, you don't need a 10 point captain every week just for blowing up some bots.  If you play it well, you'll get tons of XP and credits,  anyway.  Also, WG's not going to give a premium day every week, either.

It's a lot better source than XP and credits than Co-Op, if you don't like Randoms, or bored of them for the moment.

I don't remember what the first 3 stars are.  Those might be ok to be repeatable, but, I don't remember what they are at the moment.

[CO_OP]
[CO_OP]
Members
205 posts
12,732 battles

well the rewards doesn't have to b the same,  take the 10 point capt. out, I have 4    19 point commanders already so a 10 point isn't beneficial to me.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

You could do a reduced version of this without giving away 10-point commanders like candy.  After the first iteration, in which the first set of rewards are given, the first 5-star result during any new cycle of a given operation yields something smaller - some flags or the like.

Or, you could simply make some of the scenario achievements (Sea Star, Assistant, etc.) yield (small) rewards.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
4 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

You could do a reduced version of this without giving away 10-point commanders like candy.  After the first iteration, in which the first set of rewards are given, the first 5-star result during any new cycle of a given operation yields something smaller - some flags or the like.

Or, you could simply make some of the scenario achievements (Sea Star, Assistant, etc.) yield (small) rewards.

A reward of pennants (the better flags) might be interesting once a week for 4 or 5 stars. 

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles

WG cut out Narai (apparently,) because it was being used to mercilessly farm credits and such. I doubt they’ll do something making it easy to do the same in any of the other ops.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,560 posts
3,739 battles
40 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

WG cut out Narai (apparently,) because it was being used to mercilessly farm credits and such. I doubt they’ll do something making it easy to do the same in any of the other ops.

Well it was more for its exp generation of having a big payout for a rather small time spent.

Got to a point where it was easy to get 20k xp games using ships like the Atlanta and earning in excess of 10k free xp each game.

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,333 battles

Well what they could do is something similar to how campaigns work.  Take all of the stars you have earned and add them together.  Every 10 stars you get a crate or something.  It would just be a running tally of however many stars you have earned.  They could also treat them like a currency and have you trade them in.

5 Stars = 5 regular flags
10 Stars = 1 crate
15 Stars = 1 Ocean Soul camo
20 Stars = 1 Day of Premium

They could add in whatever they want to make things balanced for their economy.  It would give a use to the stars after we have earned the normal rewards.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,884 battles

shot-18_04.07_03_48.39-0591.thumb.jpg.d72be60cb57b70d62d06fcc7d4ef5f5a.jpg

So I guess doing this consistently and making 10,000,000+ credits a day, has no benefit. Not to mention Elite XP and free XP.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Rewards should not be the sole reason to play any game mode. But I will say once you win all 5 stars the first time they should at least give you 4 or 5 Flags for each star you win thereafter.