You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Motion to introduce "Participation Reward/XP" into this game

122 comments in this topic

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles

OK, we've all been there. Your Tm8s are all morons. In-sufferable buffoons and by no fault of your own you lose... and then another match for similar reason and then another one, sometimes it can be a 9 match losing streak. We all had bad games we all had good games .

So to make the bad games less traumatizing, let's introduce the participation award.

OK, I know what some of the more mean-spirited people are thinking. But let's face it. Games are meant to be an enjoyable happenstance, it's not real life, where if you don't make any sales, you are gonna have to pack up and return to working at the Arby's. Nothing like that. 

So this is what I propose: If you continuously lose 3 games (you think I'm gonna say 1 game hah! nope, you guessed wrong, try again.), you are rewarded with a conciliatory award,  where you get a crate that you can choose to have more flags or more consumables, and 50,000 credits on top of that, and some free XP like 15 or 30 on top of those 2, yes a crate, which means you get to "try your luck" and if you were lucky, you get rare modules or even doubloons. 

So what ya say? I mean I sure as heck can't find any reason to go against it, and it certainly will boost people's passion for this game. 

Ye know I'm kind of a teacher myself, in my experience participation award exists for a reason. You don't want pretty much anything to be a complete "winners take all" situation, or most kids will get hammered because winners are always a minority and it ruins everything. I know I shouldn't have said this but hey, just some food for thought. I mean government provides welfare for the less fortunate why does this game have to be so ruthless? Level the playfield a lil bit, make us more equal, if you catch my drift. You'll have your jolly and I'll have mine. Win-win. Don't let the game turn into a full on jungle. I'm all for competition but there's a limit. Nobody likes the dog eat dog thing. 

So what ya say?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 15

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles

Play better perhaps?

If you score big enough, a loss will still yield satisfiable rewards.

My highest credits i've earned in a single game (900k, 1m with premium) was in a loss.

Edited by TitanicMan2

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles

If you keep losing, perhaps the reason resides between keyboard and chair. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles

Wouldn't it be too exploitable? People can just hop into a game and go AFK, and keep earning those rewards.

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles
Just now, Bronco said:

If you keep losing, perhaps the reason resides between keyboard and chair. 

No you don't get it, it's not about winning or losing, it's about equality.

What you just said was immeasurably cruel, it's like telling a guy getting out of his early 2000 Nissan "Ye know why you are working a 9 to 5 nowhere call center job? Because you didn't work hard at school and you didn't go to college." That's just mean. You wouldn't do that in real life but this is the internet but you still have an option to be kind.

You get my point.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles
1 minute ago, TitanicMan2 said:

Wouldn't it be too exploitable? People can just hop into a game and go AFK, and keep earning those rewards.

Well implement some sort of AFK detection. It's rather easy. 

• Boring 1

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles
1 minute ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

What you just said was immeasurably cruel, it's like telling a guy getting out of his early 2000 Nissan "Ye know why you are working a 9 to 5 nowhere call center job? Because you didn't work hard at school and you didn't go to college." That's just mean. You wouldn't do that in real life but this is the internet but you still have an option to be kind.

You get my point.

A win or loss determines your skill of gameplay. You need to be GOOD at the game to WIN a game. You need to WORK for your rewards. You can't just expect getting free rewards out of thin air.

Well implement some sort of AFK detection. It's rather easy. 

True.

4 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Well I mean if this game gets too tough I think a lot of us will consider going into that game where Russian bi-planes can shoot down Bf-109s. 

Then go to that game then. You are probably the only one who would do so. Do you realize that most people on the forums do not agree with your arguments? They can be solved by playing a bit better.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles
2 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

You get my point.

Get triggered much? If you think you need a participation award for losing then maybe you should seek another game.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Keep in mind that this guy is pretty much a professional troll.  He made *two* threads about adding scuttling into the game.  He's just here to stir the pot and make people react.  Put him on ignore, you'll be better off.   

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles
3 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

A win or loss determines your skill of gameplay. You need to be GOOD at the game to WIN a game. You need to WORK for your rewards. You can't just expect getting free rewards out of thin air.

No no no you don't get it, you make it sound like losers don't try at all. Believe me they try very hard. Nobody goes into this game just so they could "have it easy" and be freeloading. 

Why do we have social welfare? Because it makes the world a less cold, hard place. The same goes with the game, which is actually meant to be enjoyable, unlike the real world.

• Boring 1

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

Keep in mind that this guy is pretty much a professional troll.  He made *two* threads about adding scuttling into the game.  He's just here to stir the pot and make people react.  Put him on ignore, you'll be better off.   

I offer my valid peices of arguments and opinions. You threw in the towel by offering nothing and make personal accusations. Who is the  troll here huh?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles
Just now, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

No no no you don't get it, you make it sound like losers don't try at all. Believe me they try very hard. Nobody goes into this game just so they could "have it easy" and be freeloading. 

Why do we have social welfare? Because it makes the world a less cold, hard place. The same goes with the game, which is actually meant to be enjoyable, unlike the real world.

Any good player would be able to convert their losing team into a dominating force. If you lose the battle, you lose. There is no excuse.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles
5 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Get triggered much? If you think you need a participation award for losing then maybe you should seek another game.

LOL you are just like those people who says "If you find America is full of problems why don't you move to USSR" cold war is over grandpa. 

• Bad 4

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles

I offer my valid peices of arguments and opinions. You threw in the towel by offering nothing and make personal accusations. Who is the  troll here huh?

It's because you keep posting threads that every forum-er DO NOT care about. No one supports any of your ideas and wants you to stop, but you keep spamming all your threads. No one has a problem except for you

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles

Any good player would be able to convert their losing team into a dominating force. If you lose the battle, you lose. There is no excuse.

What if I got disconnected due to bad connection?

There are tons of excuses. Just because you are unwilling to acknowledge them doesn't mean they dont exist.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I am confused. You get experience when you lose. That experience can get you up to three crates per day. Isn't there already a better version of this in game?

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles

What if I got disconnected due to bad connection?

There are tons of excuses. Just because you are unwilling to acknowledge them doesn't mean they dont exist.

Then that is your own problem. You lose and there's nothing you can do about it.

If you lose connection and do no work then you don't deserve the rewards that you claim should be added to the game.

• Cool 1

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles

It's because you keep posting threads that every forum-er DO NOT care about. No one supports any of your ideas and wants you to stop, but you keep spamming all your threads. No one has a problem except for you

What?

Just 70 years ago no1 cared about equal rights. 50 years ago equal pay was meant to be a myth. 30 years ago no one cared about climate change. Just because most people don't care doesn't mean it's not a legit cause besides, you only speak for yourself, don't generalize for other players, thank you. 

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

I am confused. You get experience when you lose. That experience can get you up to three crates per day. Isn't there already a better version of this in game?

No no no, only if you are experiencing a losing streak. If you lose twice in a roll and then win, it doesn't count.

Beta Testers
354 posts
8,409 battles

This guy ahs just made stupid suggestion after stupid suggestion. Just trolling along. If you're bad you shouldn't get rewarded for being bad. Like most people in this thread have already said, if you're good, even decent you can profit easily in losses. Quit whining about your teammates and shoot the red ships.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

No no no, only if you are experiencing a losing streak. If you lose twice in a roll and then win, it doesn't count.

I understand, which is why the current implementation is better.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles

But in your case, you may actually get more experience if you do lose 3 in a row instead of losing 2 then win 1. Doesn't make sense at all. Retarded idea.

• Cool 1

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles
2 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

What?

Just 70 years ago no1 cared about equal rights. 50 years ago equal pay was meant to be a myth. 30 years ago no one cared about climate change. Just because most people don't care doesn't mean it's not a legit cause besides, you only speak for yourself, don't generalize for other players, thank you. 

I don't speak for myself. Looking at all current trends of everyone, no one supports your ideas.

Don't bring examples/philosophy that are completely unrelated to the game here. This is a GAME. There is a competitive side to this game. You either WORK or DO NOT WORK for rewards.

• Cool 3

[YORHA]
Members
3,245 posts

I have given up worrying about win/loss rate.  Now I focus on my own play.  If, at the end of the game, I can say to myself "I played well" that's good enough for me.   It's great to win (for the extra rewards) but playing well is usually reward enough for me.

Funny thing... I enjoy the game a lot more now.

• Cool 3