Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ghostryderflyby

Mythical Super Containers & Special Needs Bots

60 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
42 posts
6,507 battles

I checked my oil earnings in my clan to verify my weekly container average, and I'm sitting at 11 containers a week usually. Despite a good container average, I haven't gotten a super container since about 2 weeks before Christmas, or about 400+ containers ago (aside from the challenge/mission containers). It's been so long since I got one, that I'd ask if wows removed them from the game, but I'll be playing in Discord with my brother or clan, and the guys are all going "Woohoo! Super container". So they apparently are still out there, and not the Pegasus I was beginning to take them for, but I'm not getting any. I don't do the luck choice, because I never get jack diddly if I do, and I usually stick to credits or signals, but still, a 4 month drought of no super containers seems excessive. Did I get put in super container time out or something? (I'm in good standing, have good karma, don't talk trash, I give out lots of compliments etc, so I don't think it's punishment).

On an unrelated, but also frustrating note, how is it that the enemy bots are torpedo clairvoyant, turning to avoid torps the instant you fire them well outside their detection range, but the friendly bot cruiser that you waited and fired behind at the magical torp dodging enemy bot, is so suicidal it will make a hard 180 degree u-turn back directly into the path of the very same salvo of torpedoes that the enemy bot just magically dodged? I understand the friendly bots are programmed to ride the short bus to help even the playing field, but that's a special kind of "I brought my own helmet" there. ;) And oh yes, don't forget about the bot obsession with touching tips and blowing themselves to bits. Please, the friendly (and enemy) AI could use some work in the area of I.Q. and collision avoidance. ;)

P.S. Great game in most regards. Love the gameplay and I enjoy myself immensely. Just tossing out a couple of concerns. Thanks for the work on the game!

Edited by Ghostryderflyby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
885
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,427 battles

Until I torped someone in clan battles, I'd only ever turned pink by hitting bots :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by pikohan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[POP]
Members
842 posts
9,505 battles
12 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Until I torped someone in clan battles, I'd only ever turned pink by hitting bots :Smile_facepalm:

We've all thought about it and i'm glad youve confirmed it is appropriate...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
821 posts
3,891 battles

I play against bots like they can see me and my torps , continuously . Because  they do . However They are  not totally predictable in their reactions because they often as well have bouts of sheer 'wth'edness"  that a human cant figure out and also this seems to happen  a lot when they are on your team.

Edited by Strachwitz666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
42 posts
6,507 battles

Oh yes, and you have to love when the friendly bots sneeze and fire their torps in the opposite direction of the bad guys... straight into your broadside. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,738
[ARGSY]
Members
5,855 posts
3,984 battles

I won two recently, with big fat chunks of premium time inside, so I might have stolen your luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I won two recently, with big fat chunks of premium time inside, so I might have stolen your luck.

I had a long time w/o a supercontainer till about a week ago.  Got 2 on consecutive days.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,303
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 hours ago, Ghostryderflyby said:

Now 450 containers and counting since my last super container. Seriously, what gives???

:cap_haloween:What's a Super Container?:cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,741
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,066 posts
7,616 battles

I receive one about every week.  I do the "Try Your Luck" (4% chance of a Supercontainer) and earn 2 containers per day, on average, though sometimes if I'm playtesting heavily, I'll manage to get 3.

Spoiler

Vpp7OaW.jpg
April 6th.

Jouz3jH.jpg
April 3rd.

wT4RiQX.jpg
March 31st

D46YZ7i.jpg
March 25th.

tQrgcWA.jpg
March 11th

5Yorizu.jpg
March 9th

y1Fz5xy.jpg
March 1st

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[POP]
Members
842 posts
9,505 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I receive one about every week.  I do the "Try Your Luck" (4% chance of a Supercontainer) and earn 2 containers per day, on average, though sometimes if I'm playtesting heavily, I'll manage to get 3.

  Hide contents

Vpp7OaW.jpg
April 6th.

Jouz3jH.jpg
April 3rd.

wT4RiQX.jpg
March 31st

D46YZ7i.jpg
March 25th.

tQrgcWA.jpg
March 11th

5Yorizu.jpg
March 9th

y1Fz5xy.jpg
March 1st

 

Right there's where all the supercontainers are goin'.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,465
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,249 posts
5,674 battles

For me Super Containers are like Bigfoot, a lot of people claim to have seen one but there is no hard evidence to prove they exist lol.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
470
[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I receive one about every week.

You're one of the lucky ones my lady :), I can clearly say with accuracy in my case anyway,  I have gotten zero super containers for the first quarter of 2018. For me, I would get on avg about 1 Super container per 100 regulars. Excluding event containers, I haven;t seen a super container at all this year, But Never fear, I will try your ways of getting one to at least get one for the year. Thank you my lady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[XBRTC]
Members
1,204 posts
7,189 battles
29 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I had a long time w/o a supercontainer till about a week ago.  Got 2 on consecutive days.  

 

Yeah, same. 4/7 and 4/10 I got supercontainers (50x St Patrick's Camo and 25x Red Dragon flag). Only 2 supercontainers out of ~175 containers opened this year. Last supercontainer received was 12/25/17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[POP]
Members
842 posts
9,505 battles
12 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

 

Yeah, same. 4/7 and 4/10 I got supercontainers (50x St Patrick's Camo and 25x Red Dragon flag). Only 2 supercontainers out of ~175 containers opened this year. Last supercontainer received was 12/25/17.

Hey wait.

 

I've gotten 2 supercontainers recently too, and i always pick Flags. This was after the post xmas dryspell!

Im happy to get flags regularly though, so the "Try your Luck or here, have these 2 Flags" crowd must be really happy when they do get something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,738
[ARGSY]
Members
5,855 posts
3,984 battles
58 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I receive one about every week.  I do the "Try Your Luck" (4% chance of a Supercontainer) and earn 2 containers per day, on average,

You're not getting some special rodent luck bonus, are you? :Smile_teethhappy:

OTOH 4% means a 96% chance of NOT getting one, and fourteen in a row (two a week) = 0.9614 or ~56% chance of failure, 44% chance of success - close to coin-flip odds. Throw a few three-container days in every now and then, and exactly 50% odds comes at 17 containers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[XBRTC]
Members
1,204 posts
7,189 battles
22 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Hey wait.

 

I've gotten 2 supercontainers recently too, and i always pick Flags. This was after the post xmas dryspell!

Im happy to get flags regularly though, so the "Try your Luck or here, have these 2 Flags" crowd must be really happy when they do get something.

 

Yep. I always pick flags, too. Premium consumables I can pay for with credits, and I've got a decent surplus of those. The ships that I play most often have premium camo on them already. Useful flags, on the other hand... those can't be bought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I receive one about every week.  I do the "Try Your Luck" (4% chance of a Supercontainer) and earn 2 containers per day, on average, though sometimes if I'm playtesting heavily, I'll manage to get 3.

  Reveal hidden contents

Vpp7OaW.jpg
April 6th.

Jouz3jH.jpg
April 3rd.

wT4RiQX.jpg
March 31st

D46YZ7i.jpg
March 25th.

tQrgcWA.jpg
March 11th

5Yorizu.jpg
March 9th

y1Fz5xy.jpg
March 1st

 

WoW... I've gotten about 40+ super containers in the last month, often 3 a day and. not. a. single. one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am testing the SC phenomenon.

Since the first of the year I chose TYL option ......  In three months I was rewarded with one SC every 30 to 35 Tries. Averaged 2 .5 containers per day.

I am now choosing Signals and Camo for the next 3 months. So far no SC but only received 32 containers.I will update as time moves forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[-TKS-]
Members
288 posts
5,608 battles

i save my containers between super containers and im sitting at 101 since my last one . however i pick TYL less then 50% of the time . Usually only when i get to choose 3 .  i too think i got more Sc's when doing TYL 100% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
288 posts
4,331 battles
4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I am testing the SC phenomenon.

Were you getting "super" contents in those supercontainers?  By taking Try Your Luck and forgoing, for example, More Signals and Camos (which I and I think most folks normally take?) those 30 non-super containers would get you only 60 signals, vs the 240 signals and 60+ camos.  Are the super rewards enough to offset that?  The last two SCs I got were 100 Sierra Mikes, and 25 Ouroboros.  In my opinion, neither of those would have been worth the loss of 180 signals and 60+ camos (though many of the camos would have been the nearly-worthless Type 1 and 2) if I had been choosing TYL instead of More Signals.

I, like the OP, earn about 11 containers per week, and I have gotten 4 SCs in 9 months (choosing almost always More Signals containers), which is close enough to 1%.  Nothing quite that super though, the first were 100 November Echo Settesevens (worthless while you are still playing only Tier III-IV!), and a Hydroacoustic Search upgrade.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Were you getting "super" contents in those supercontainers?  By taking Try Your Luck and forgoing, for example, More Signals and Camos (which I and I think most folks normally take?) those 30 non-super containers would get you only 60 signals, vs the 240 signals and 60+ camos.  Are the super rewards enough to offset that?  The last two SCs I got were 100 Sierra Mikes, and 25 Ouroboros.  In my opinion, neither of those would have been worth the loss of 180 signals and 60+ camos (though many of the camos would have been the nearly-worthless Type 1 and 2) if I had been choosing TYL instead of More Signals.

I, like the OP, earn about 11 containers per week, and I have gotten 4 SCs in 9 months (choosing almost always More Signals containers), which is close enough to 1%.  Nothing quite that super though, the first were 100 November Echo Settesevens (worthless while you are still playing only Tier III-IV!), and a Hydroacoustic Search upgrade.

Only One SC would barely be considered  Super and that was 1000 doubloons. IMHO Super Containers are not all that Super. The TYL containers that didn't drop as Super were even less than stellar. I originally planed to stay with the TYL but after the Odds showed it is NOT WORTH IT I changed to Signals and Camo for a greater payout waiting for a SC. I will keep this info as it develops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×