You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

On the co-op option for the Isoroku (cat commander) and Normandie Camo missions

37 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles

FIRST: Thank you, Wargaming, for making it easier for those of us who aren't that good (either because of lack of skill or inexperience).

SECOND: I had a hell of a lot of fun in co-op last night, charging into caps in my Fiji and Edinburgh as if I were in a destroyer and blazing away at everything that came close. I had a few really great games - granted, I can get away with foolish risks in Co-op that I would never have survived in Randoms - and even if I didn't manage to get as much XP as usual before I went to bed, it was a refreshing change of pace. To be recommended.

The one thing I can't seem to get right is battleships - for some reason I almost always seem to end up on the side of the map where the action isn't (though the exceptions can make for some pretty thrilling games - again in co-op, so the standard of the opposition is somewhat different, but still fun).

THIRD: The win-and-survive-and-40K-damage requirement seems to be a cumulative one across several missions. I know this isn't what the wargaming website implies, but it's how things panned out last night. I won a mission and it counted that, and then I did > 40K across several battles and it all counted separately from the win for completion. This is a HUUUUUUGE bonus.

I still suspect, however, that surviving the mission in which you do the damage is part of the deal. I will have to try that out in the next couple of days, unless someone else has tried and died and is able to confirm that.

This is going to be one hell of an easy mission for a 1K doubloon prize. Thank you, Wargaming. :Smile_coin:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3

Members
242 posts
608 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is going to be one hell of an easy mission for a 1K doubloon prize. 

Careful, there. You might prompt them to make it harder saying stuff like this :fish_panic:

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,222 posts
8,400 battles

I would like to say thank you as well!

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
9 minutes ago, ArgosRising said:

Careful, there. You might prompt them to make it harder saying stuff like this :fish_panic:

Nah, not when what they are giving out involved such contributions from the community. Sure, a texture artist had to make the skin, but I can tell you from experience that it is a hell of a lot easier to do it when you've got some concept images to work with.

Personally, I am also grateful that WG has gone this route, even if they didn't shortlist my design (which wasn't perhaps all that fantastic anyway, heh).

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,361 posts
10,151 battles

Yes thank you for allowing Co-op for the Normandie camo.

Not sure what OP means by Isoroku (Yamamoto?) though??? If he means Yamamoto did something change where he can be won in Co-op now? Never mind he means the Cat. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes thank you for allowing Co-op for the Normandie camo.

Not sure what OP means by Isoroku (Yamamoto?) though??? If he means Yamamoto did something change where he can be won in Co-op now? Never mind he means the Cat. :Smile_facepalm:

You've got a point there - it could mean either! Post title edited to clarify. Thank you.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,361 posts
10,151 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You've got a point there - it could mean either! Post title edited to clarify. Thank you.

NP LOL. I was like wait what??? WE can get Yamamoto now in Co-op? I was super excited then it dawned on me you meant the cat. :Smile_teethhappy: 

Members
126 posts
303 battles

I rather like that WG also included Operations in these particular missions. Thank you for opening up the game to the various interests of your player base.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Indeed. I'm not really the best BB player so I thought that one was going to be a real pain, then I saw that operations counted. Well come on Dunkerque, let's go get a new camo for Normandie!

[ICOP]
Members
780 posts
3,104 battles

Only did operations, got  Isoroku rather quickly and the Normandy missions as well.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,405 battles

Meanwhile, for those of us who have been lazy in the 'Space Battles' department, the container missions have doubled-down.

Now I have 6 parsecs and 7 parsecs going on -- at the same time.  Basically one container a win, and one win every 2 games.

Barely touched the Random ones yet...

For those of us working on oil for our clan, that's nice.

Got the 6 point commander and haven't figured out where the cat will go...  How about the Umikaze?

And yes..   I'm thankful for those who made this task less than painful.  They didn't even require carrier operations for those not inclined.

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,333 battles
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Got the 6 point commander and haven't figured out where the cat will go...  How about the Umikaze?

He should go in the Harekaze with the Isoroku camo!

6cf1ab84-f9c5-11e7-a56f-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

Also! Thank you Wargamming for making these missions available to coop and operations.  It is much appreciated.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,255 posts
24,709 battles

Bots in co-op usually aggo to where the green DDs are, especially the DD with the lowest health.

So if you want action in co-op when you are in a BB, follow the DD nearest you.

Members
29 posts
1,173 battles

Ok, newb here, i cant seem to get to coop mode to try for the cat commander.  What am I doing wrong?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles
38 minutes ago, Barry100_ said:

Ok, newb here, i cant seem to get to coop mode to try for the cat commander.  What am I doing wrong?

Next to the "battle" start button at center top, there is the battle type - probably Random Battles with a red icon.  Click on that battle type and you can select a different type.

If I'm misunderstanding you, did you opt into the Isoroku cat commander missions from the news item on the WOWS game page?  You have to do that to unlock the mission chain.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
1 hour ago, Barry100_ said:

You need to accept the mission by logging in at the Wargaming home page first. Then go to the mission details for kitty and you can push the button to accept the mission. When you next log into the actual game, the mission will be there.

[90THD]
Members
131 posts
3,609 battles

Hi all

thismakes no sense

i could only do the daily missions for cat once a day

how can you have the cat yet?

im confused 

help!

j

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
1 hour ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi all

thismakes no sense

i could only do the daily missions for cat once a day

how can you have the cat yet?

im confused 

help!

j

Once you have accepted the cat mission via wg, it is a 3 stage process. There is no daily mission, win a match in the top 4, 10k exp over any number of battles, 1 million credits over any number of battles. Although you cant start each stage until the other is complete, one using flags and having good luck could do it in a handful of battles.

[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts
4 minutes ago, Barry100_ said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSJg29IWR18&feature=youtu.be

I have co-op mode selected at the top of the port screen, hard to see because I use free bandicam.

When I select the Cat mission it only allows the random battle.  Even though I selected co-op in the port screen.

I think I noticed this a while back, if you launch from the challenge page it will go Randoms; as long as you have Co-Op in Port and launch from Port you will go to the game mode you chose.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,106 posts
18,628 battles

I‘m also happy that they add missions. Random was lately pure hell. The ‚and win part‘ is easier to get in missions plus you can better farm damage and kills as in co op. Oh and yes, all those T6 premiums I have now make sense. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,405 battles

Been working on the Normandie Camo for the last few days.  Three missions a day on two accounts to complete before things change (yes, they can do that).

Battleship - win - survive - 40K damage:  Remember to SURVIVE -- no ramming or suicide charges.  I use Yamato on one account, and Richelieu on the other.

Destroyer - 5 torpedo hits -- no need to win/survive: Okhotnik -- Don't charge at the beginning and keep distance until everyone is spotted.  Charge in at the first opportunity and zap a battleship or two at suicide range.

Cruiser - 300 flags -- no need to win/survive:  Cleveland / Atlanta / Krasny Krym.  After taking out all the DDs, use AP so you won't burn down ships too quickly.  Kite / keep distance.

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,676 battles

I've been running Texas for the BB mission, Cleveland for the cruiser mission, and Fushun for the DD mission.

There was a fire mission for the French weekend that prompted the use of Cleveland and I am working the Twitch mission for Texas.  I run Fushun as I am grinding that ship.

For me, the win and survive is the hard part which running in Co-op helps with.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles

I am using Fiji and Cleveland in co-op for the cruiser missions. Fiji is working out better; Cleveland is a new ship to me, her rate of fire is somewhat lower, and in my experience thus far she isn't as much of a close-range brawler as Fiji is capable of being. Fiji absolutely murders bot cruisers at close range if they give broadside, and her ability to smoke and recover some of her health puts her streets ahead. 

Jianwei and Farragut for the destroyers (I'm pleased as hell that I ground up to the Jianwei from the Shenyang, as having the extra Tier V ship gives me options).

Alternating between Iron Duke, Bretagne and Normandie for the battleship mission. 

Just tonight and tomorrow night (if the power company gets the lines repaired soonish), and then I'm done. Five more to go. While I normally get the BB task out of the way first because it's the easiest, I think I'll let the Normandie have the honour of grinding out that final task. She's the one who's getting the paint job after all.

• Cool 2