Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Hey what's the cheapest way to get Doubloons pref. with credit card?

3 comments in this topic

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles

Anyone knows? I'm an expat living abroad I wanna know what's the cheapest option. I want to pay with USD, preferrably with credit card.

My local konbini store has WoT pre-paid cards but nothing more. 

Members
6,624 posts
25,255 battles

For any day? Don't know.

For special discount days, they offer discounts if you pay with a Credit Card, and sometimes just discounts with whatever you pay. I use Paypal exclusively, as I have it tied to a credit card, which it keeps private.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,431 battles
On 4/7/2018 at 2:47 AM, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Anyone knows? I'm an expat living abroad I wanna know what's the cheapest option. I want to pay with USD, preferrably with credit card.

My local konbini store has WoT pre-paid cards but nothing more. 

When WG has a "sale" on doubloons, it's usually marketed in the form of a "get 15-20% bonus" doubloons for the same price (as opposed to X doubloons for 20% off).  These happen a few times a year and can take the form of:

• CC purchase bonuses (e.g. sales around Xmas)
  • A promo if you pay w/ paypal or some other payment equivalent

There is also another "indirect" way you can get a even better deal on doubloons, but you need to do a bit of homework to figure out when the following type of scenario happens:

I was loooking to throw WG my annual bone & purchase $99 worth of doubloons (the 25K doubloon price) in the fall last year.   When they did the pumpkin crate promos around halloween there was a nice benefit to that one wrt doubloons.  The main purpose of the crates were to offer the halloween cammos (i.e. the steampunk variety that were used for the halloween event) as rewards in the crates.   The trick was, when you got a duplicate cammo, you were compensated with either 3K or 5K doubloons (if memory serves, depending on whether the duplicates were for the T3 or T8 ship).  Based on information that was being posted by CCs on YouTube & the forum, it looked like the odds of duplications were fairly high, especially if you purchased the $99 55-crate bundle (from the premium store) - this was the same price for the doubloons I was going to purchase anyway, but in my case it yielded:

• 25K doubloons + 17.5K doubloons (all due to the duplicate cammos in the crates - a 70% bonus in doubloons)

plus

• 11 perma cammos (3 T3/8 T8 = ~3x3K doubloons + ~8x5K doubloons = 49K doubloons worth of perma cammos)
  • 210 progress acceleration cammos (e.g offering XP, FXP, Cdr XP bonuses)
  • 60K FXP
  • 1..5M Silver
  • 450 Flags

This strategy worked if you did a "critical mass purchase" - i.e. you bought enough crates that statistics encouraged the duplication - those who bought smaller crate bundles statistically would not get this same level of benefit.  In my case, the 55 crates were the same price as the doubloon purchase I was intending to make, but it was akin to having a 70% doubloon sale outright or a 266% bonus sale on the doubloon equivalent items alone (not to mention the flags, cammos, FXP & silver)

In other words, certain promos are virtual sales IF you're looking to make a purchase anyway, & depending on the parameters of the event, the bonuses are sometimes better than an actual sale.

Edited by hangglide42
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this