Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kapitan_War_Wizard

Fubuki HELL

13 comments in this topic

Members
41 posts
1,088 battles

So, I just want to know ONE simple thing...

Why in the nine HELLS, did wargaming make this destroyer so useless?

Between permaspot, cv's that out run and out turn your torpedoes, to torpedoes that are slower and designed to miss at anything over 1km range to pretty much anything else.

I went from playing 130k games at tier five IJN DD line to basically 0.

WHAT...THE...HELL. I absolutely HATE the Fubuki.

There is literally ZERO reason to make DD's suffer this stupidly much. You cant counter spotting, and literally.. Unless your either so lucky as to be ridiculous or at 1km range and miraculously not dead, you miss your torpedo spreads.

I cant count the number of perfect spreads which have missed by a mile because ships turn out of the way like they watched you launch them.

I am VERY sick of 0 damage no contribution battles.

How is this supposed to be fun???? For me? not even close..

Do you have any idea, wargaming, just how annoying it is to start a match and simply be dead 1 minute in????????

Th Fubuki is absolute trash, and the more I play the stupid thing, the more I don't even want to get higher tier in ANYTHING.

My PTSD cant take much more of this horrible DD. This ship is dreadful.

So yea.. WHY in the hell did wargaming make this ship so pointless and overly easy to spot and kill...

A stealth DD that can't stealth.. the irony....

/end rant........

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

Maybe it's time to seek professional help and anger management counseling if a pixel ship in an online pixel bote game gets to you to such an extent ....

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
6,619 posts
25,230 battles

Besides, Fubuki is a very good ship. I like mine.

Maybe not as good it used to be before the line split, but still very good, when it was at a much higher tier (T8 IIRC).

Three torp launchers with fast reload, 10km reach in a ship with 6.1km concealment. What's do you see wrong with that?

Of course playing IJN torpedo boats (any of them at any tier) requires good handling. They are not the easiest ships to succeed in. At lower tiers (T4-T6) there is always a CV or even two per side. At higher (even at T6) you see radar cruisers often. Tough for any DD, esp. IJN which gets hunted by gunboats.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Hey, man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

...but it ain't the ship. 

You have enough games played with Fubuki, so I am assuming you have it fully upgraded.  Fubuki may not be a stellar IJN DD, but she isn't horrible, either.  Looking at your stats with her, I see you certainly are struggling.  I can understand why you are frustrated.  I think, for some reason, you just haven't figured out how to play that ship, yet.

Step back and re-evaluate your play style and tactics.  Why are you getting sunk?  Do you commonly get sunk early in the game during your first contact?  Are you being overly aggressive?  Could you be more careful with your detection range?  It is perfectly fine to rush into a cap early in the game to spot for your team and attempt a quick, easy cap.  However, if contested and over-matched and/or outnumbered, DO NOT attempt to fight it out.  I see DD players time and time again attempt to fight for a cap they have no chance of winning.  It's like they think, "I was here first.  I don't care if you brought five friends and I have none...this is MY cap!!!"  It is okay to abandon a cap attempt, re-locate, and try something else.  Surviving longer in the game will increase your success.

Why is your damage so low?  Are you launching all of your torps together in all-or-nothing strikes?  Are you using your guns against other destroyers when you can?  Are you staying alive long enough to give yourself a chance to deal damage?

You could throw your hands in the air, be pissed off and say 'screw it.'  But, that won't help you.  Do you have replays enabled?  If so, post one or two and I'll give you my advice (imperfect as it may be).

If not, and if you are seeking help, I may play a few games in Fubuki and I can post my replays.  Then we can talk about why I did a few things.  Maybe it will help.  Maybe I'll get deleted in the opening minutes of every game and I will be like, wth?!? 

Edited by desmo_2

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
5 hours ago, drakonniz said:

So, I just want to know ONE simple thing...

Why in the nine HELLS, did wargaming make this destroyer so useless?

/end rant........

Well you got to have the 10km torps, simple as that.  And at T6 you should be getting or have a 10pt commander , and he SHOULD have CE. note, really good people can use the shorter range/ the faster torpedo capt's option but that beyond the basics of Fubuki, so i wont bring that in

Those two thing are prerequisites IMO to do "fubuki". IMO Fubuki is not a ship, it is more a way of life or maybe just a way to dance.

Your torp "spread's" should be 6 torps launched inside of 1 3torp spread close width (i.e. interweave them so the gaps are too small to dodge and also gives a good chance they will eat two).  That third launcher you can "follow " those first 6 torps on a different or the best guess as to where he might move dodging or at the second most likely route he might go during the first 6 torp salvo. Or reverse all this and  shoot 3 to steer them into the other 6 LOL

IIRC - the fubuki is slower than most DD's , so you really got to think ahead about how you are facing if trouble pops up, because your position and facing, and being at max speed already  is real important to getting out of trouble in a Fubuki,  since you dont have the speed.to just "speed out of trouble",  use that long reach of them torps so when they are seen   quite possibly you around that time , you are already pointed in the best direction to "getaway". Call this "firing torps while kiting" I guess. Done really good, with the Fubuki's concealment , even with that slower speed,  you often will not be seen at all  ,  but you want to be always be  ready, if you are seen , especially by a faster and or bigger ship. Also a 3 torp spread can be used to force turns and a slowdown of speed so you can get back in concealment /get away. 3 launchers gives a lot of options and chances to take odd/off/lucky/denial shots and still have torps to use.

Also the Fubuki has goods guns (i recall them being pretty accurate just as most iJN DD's gun are, though arcing a fair bit), don't forget about them when in contact with enemy DD's. Fubuki with all them torps and guns is good boat to knife fight an opposing DD over a cap). Fubuki's are scary to many enemies with their smoke and 9 torps in a cap battle.

Fubuki is a good boat, though It is actually near the bottom of the IJN's dd's I really like. That slow speed is troublesome

Edited by Strachwitz666

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,709 battles

She did her best. It's just not good enough.

Members
1,616 posts
9,711 battles

Nothing really wrong with Fubuki.  9 torps at her tier is strong.  The guns are good enough. 

Just curious, do you know about the Priority Target game when it comes to torps?

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
14 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Just curious, do you know about the Priority Target game when it comes to torps?

Might I ask, what do you mean here?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,709 battles
20 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

Might I ask, what do you mean here?

PT count deceases when a DD targeting you switch from guns to torps. Some BB players use it as a warning that a DD is ready to launch torps at you. And when it increases again, that may mean torps have been launched and the DD switched back to guns. It's a good time to WASD.

It's not guaranteed the case since the count change may be just different red ships switching targets. But if you are sure you are stalked by a DD, it's a good indicator.

And that's why I select torps way before launching and don't change to guns right after unless I know I am about to get into a gun fight. And I also switch back and forth randomly on a lone target when I am on the way to a torping position just to mess with them. :)

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,593 battles
On 4/7/2018 at 4:33 AM, Lert said:

Maybe it's time to seek professional help and anger management counseling

Blapped !!!  toxic crap.  A frustrated rant from "newish player" with a low battle count might have just come here seeking "counsel from this forum"......as you can see there is some good counsel from the lads...

(popcorn, not for me thanks) 

Members
1,616 posts
9,711 battles
2 hours ago, Strachwitz666 said:

OK , TY , Chewonit.

To expand on it, you can sometimes bait these wise guys into a really good situation by simulating a torp run, and giving them that signal.  Torp their change of speed or turn.

In CB sometimes even the threat of torps can get them to give up broadside to an ally too.

Be an evil sneaky little crap.

Sign in to follow this