Sign in to follow this  
Superspas

Aggrevating match making issues.

4 comments in this topic

[TWFT2]
Members
9 posts
3,110 battles

I am not gonna lie, being thrown into tier 10 matches with a completely stock tier 8 BB and 50% captain stats is becoming the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced in a game. I get that I can't be top dog every game or even any games at tier 8 but being in a stock monarch against 70%+ tier 10 game is a complete waste of time and what few flags I have. I really hope this is on the radar to be addressed. Anyone else find being bottom of tier 10 games in a BB to be a complete waste of time and being extremely frustrating or is it just par for the course? are any of you finding much success in these situations and if so how?

My tactic is usually to play forward of the team mostly behind islands. Deny any pushes I can for as long as I can without risking being focused by more than 1 or 2 enemies at once. Generally I get shot from across the map from an unspotted BB that I can not retaliate against. I am forced to relocate and of course I have basically no maneuverability or health so a CV casually kills me with a single wave of torpedo bombers. Last game I managed to soak 2.3 million potential damage but got into possition to shoot a single volley against a DD. Final score was 13k damage with 4 hits and one plane kill for a stagging 665 ships exp and 55 free xp and about 900 ish commander XP. insane amount of effort and avoiding damage to get a piss poor amount of xp that takes me less than 3% towards getting my first required upgrade.

At this point I think I am pretty close to moving on to a different game, atleast for awhile. This is too common and too frustrating for someone who is usually pretty patient and tactically adept(moderately skillful) to deal with a extremely consistent basis..

[SIDE]
Members
1,204 posts
8,657 battles

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't use your free xp to buy that ship. That being said, saved free xp should always be used to upgrade your new ships, so that you are in a much better position to weather uptiered T8 games.

Also, 50% captain? Sure, if it's a T4 or 5 ship, but not T8, where you will be competing with 100% captains with 12-19pt captains.

My advice: play lower tiers to let off some steam, preferably premiums if you have some. Either that, or follow your own advice, and take a small break from the game.

Edit: just noticed your total number of battles. Unless you are a reroll, with under 1000 battles, you probably should not be so advanced in tiers. Put the Monarch aside for a while and concentrate on lower tiers until you build up some experience. Higher tier battles are very different. You will get punished for making mistakes, that you probably could get away with at a lower tier.

Also, don't feel that I am unfairly targetting you. I myself, with over 7k battles feel out of my depth at times in T10 games.

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Cool 2

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
197 posts
3,848 battles

Tier 8 is a bugger for getting matched up to tier 10. Its going to happen often. Rumple has some good advice there. Prepare your ship and captain for it. Watch a few videos on youtube. Noster, Jingles and ichase put up some decent content. Hook up with some of your clan mates to get through tier 8 and 9. Then you can be the one schooling the first time tier 8 players.

Oh yeah, and keep your tier 5, 6 and 7 to pay the repair bill on your tier 10's

[TWFT2]
Members
9 posts
3,110 battles

I have way more than just the monarch. I don't win many battles but I almost always get a cap and tank a lot of damage so my experience gain is pretty high per game in everything except my German BB line. That's kind of been a massive and still continuing learning curve.

I have 2 tier 9 BB's.
1 tier 8 BB.
1 tier 10 CA.
1 tier 9 DD
and assorted other ships of lower tiers. Havent free exp'd anything or passed anything yet but I do often research and buy as money of the upgrades as I can with free exp.

Since getting all the upgrades and getting my captain to be able to use his skills 100% in the ship, I have a completely different experience in it. I am consistently able to achieve things important to the success of our team. Not always getting great damage but a solid 80k+ on an average or bad game. I think my main problem here is treating the monarch like a BB more so than MM screwing me over(still think its an issue overall but some of the issue was with my misunderstanding of exactly how fragile this particular BB is). Since changing my play style and getting the hull, Dodging massive amount of incoming fire is often more effecting than attempting to angle and swap speeds. Most significantly so against HE spammers who are using high angle fire from behind terrain. I still find it to be the lesser of most of my BB but its still capable at tier 10 games and is usually stacking up well on the score screen compared to the oppositions equivalent to me.

Break is definitely on the books as I can get cranky and irrational if I play one game too long.

Thanks for your input everyone, very much appreciated.

Hopefully we see some match making changes in the future, if only to see a new dynamic emerge.

Sign in to follow this