Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

Members
126 posts
303 battles

I don’t know if this is good or not, but it is an idea regarding good play and how to recognize it. Compliments are nice, but don’t really add anything significant to the game. What if instead, or in addition to compliments, at the end of every game the victorious team members were able to vote for a most valuable player? Like compliments, you can’t vote for yourself or division mates. The MVP gets an achievement and something like a 5 or 10% bonus to their base XP for that game.

That’s the bare bones of it. Thanks.

• Cool 7

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,689 battles

I like it.

Members
831 posts
1,260 battles

Overwatch does this and i enjoy it +1

Edited by MeKanism

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,346 posts
3,646 battles

If you can vote for yourself and it's the tie breaker for additional XP hell no.
If you need additional XP there's already flags for that. And camo. Need either? Do better each match. Do challenges. Hell.. unlock some damn boxes now that there are boxes(there werent when I stopped playing).

What other crutch do you need?

[SIDE]
Members
1,204 posts
8,657 battles

Not a bad idea. I like it too. Gives an incentive to play well and being recognized for doing so.

The only fly in the ointment however, is that players die at different times during the game and leave. So, in reality, only a very few players, usually those who survived, would be able to vote.

Potentially, as little as 3 or 4 players could be voting. While I still like the idea, I can see problems with implementing it in-game.

Edited by _Rumple_

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Most players don't "see" the whole team effort well enough to do justice to an MVP vote.

Throw in the folks that leave after being killed and clan divisions, and it becomes a hollow award.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
4 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

If you can vote for yourself and it's the tie breaker for additional XP hell no.
If you need additional XP there's already flags for that. And camo. Need either? Do better each match. Do challenges. Hell.. unlock some damn boxes now that there are boxes(there werent when I stopped playing).

So, you're for it then? :fish_cute_2:

I like the idea of recognizing someone's efforts. However the question I'd ask is "Are you using all your compliments in a given day?" That is a good place to start voting for an MVP each and everytime you see one. Feels good all around man!

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,279 battles
1 hour ago, Skarp_AGW said:

Most players don't "see" the whole team effort well enough to do justice to an MVP vote.

Isn't that the truth!  I can't count how many times I have been battling it out on one side of the map, destroy all of the red ships on that side, and start moving toward the remaining action...only to have a player on that side call me out for camping on the wrong side of the map and doing nothing.  Uh, hello?!?  The only reason I am on the side with no reds is because me and my support just wiped out the reds!  But, since you don't see them now, they never existed...

[NG-NL]
Members
4,959 posts
8,109 battles

Would be more preferable if it's like 5% more XP and maybe 150-250 more credits. I'm working on 7 ship lines at once, can't continue w/ Donskoi cause not enough credits, for example. Seem to remember other forumites grumbling they need more money.

Question: Is this added to the battle result's total ship XP and credits (like flags), or is it a bonus that scales with tier? Like 300 more XP at T6, 500 at T8. Credits I'd say 50K more at T5, then gradually up to 150-250K at T10.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Along these lines, what if a "worthy adversary" compliment issued before the game is over gave +5% base XP?

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
11 hours ago, kagero__ said:

I don’t know if this is good or not, but it is an idea regarding good play and how to recognize it. Compliments are nice, but don’t really add anything significant to the game. What if instead, or in addition to compliments, at the end of every game the victorious team members were able to vote for a most valuable player? Like compliments, you can’t vote for yourself or division mates. The MVP gets an achievement and something like a 5 or 10% bonus to their base XP for that game.

Great idea. Better than the current report/compliment system where you just get awarded or docked Karma.

7 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

It's not a crutch and it is easy to implement using the existing report/compliment function. You cannot report or compliment yourself currently, which he stated in his idea; so, I don't see the issue there.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
11 hours ago, kagero__ said:

Thats actually a really good idea HOWEVER this bonus needs to be significant enough for people to actually care about. I couldnt care less about a +5% xp bonus for ONE SINGLE GAME. Its an insignificant amount. This bonus is so small and compliments themselves are so rare, that it's insignificant and doesnt motivate a player to even try.

On the other hand, something like +5-10% bonus over the next 5-10 games would be a very solid incentive for players to try harder and to be more polite.

Make these stackable to make it interesting. People would actually try to get compliments.

[-NQ-]
Members
47 posts
3,533 battles

Another idea to consider:

On a loss, the top XP earner on the team gets XP as if it was a win.

On a win, the bottom XP earner on the team gets XP as if it was a loss.

(I like the OP's idea too)

Sign in to follow this