You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
geser98

No "reported" information in-game

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles

I want to learn to play better and since I play mostly solo the only way to get feedback is to pay some attention to when I'm being complimented or reported. At least this gives me an idea of which game I did well and which one I didn't. Obviously, there would be random unprovoked downvotes, but I don't care about the number itself, just the timing. So with compliments it's clearly displayed  in-game and I know for certain which game I did well in. I would certainly love to also see where I did badly so I can re-trace my steps and maybe get some pointers to improve in the future, but I can't seem to find that info. I only notice it occasionally when I go into my profile and go like "huh, I thought it was higher, probably got reported for something" , but I have no idea which game it happened in or what was the type of report. Did I "play badly" or misbehave in chat.

Anyway, it would really be helpful to see this info so if you know where to find it, please do let me know.

Cheerio! 

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles

take your karma votes with a grain of salt. Your total karma points is found in your profile ---> Service record --> its the number that is right after your name. CHeers !

Members
2,092 posts
8,086 battles
4 minutes ago, geser98 said:

I want to learn to play better and since I play mostly solo the only way to get feedback is to pay some attention to when I'm being complimented or reported. At least this gives me an idea of which game I did well and which one I didn't. Obviously, there would be random unprovoked downvotes, but I don't care about the number itself, just the timing. So with compliments it's clearly displayed  in-game and I know for certain which game I did well in. I would certainly love to also see where I did badly so I can re-trace my steps and maybe get some pointers to improve in the future, but I can't seem to find that info. I only notice it occasionally when I go into my profile and go like "huh, I thought it was higher, probably got reported for something" , but I have no idea which game it happened in or what was the type of report. Did I "play badly" or misbehave in chat.

Anyway, it would really be helpful to see this info so if you know where to find it, please do let me know.

Cheerio! 

Forget compliments and reports exist. Use your stats to gauge your improvement  

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

take your karma votes with a grain of salt. Your total karma points is found in your profile ---> Service record --> its the number that is right after your name. CHeers !

Yeah, I know where total karma lives, but I unless I check it after every single game I wouldn't know when I get reported and who has time for that. 

1 minute ago, Destroyer_ShimakazeChan said:

Forget compliments and reports exist. Use your stats to gauge your improvement  

Things look very differently from different perspectives. Sometimes you'd think you played well and stats agree, but maybe missed out on helping a team mate when you could. Or for example, I played a game in Khaba two days ago for which I definitely was downvoted. I see why someone would downvote me for bad play - I finished with no kills and ~30k damage done. But then from my perspective I did amazing in terms of objective play - we started with 3 dds on each team, all dds on enemy team could cap and we had myself, who can't cap normally and a Shima, who just wouldn't come near a cap, like many Shimas do and a Benson who got killed early on. So enemy team had full cap control and to save us somewhat I went into the C cap and was contesting it against enemy Shima and dodging a focused fire from half a dozen ships, managed to stop a push from Yamato and Zao by just being annoying little pest.

So overall, in team play department I thought I did great and I really helped the team win the game, but obviously someone didn't think I did and it I understand the reason. In some other cases it's less obvious and I need to think what I did badly, but it's impossible if I don't know what game it was from or what kind of report it was.

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles
22 minutes ago, geser98 said:

Yeah, I know where total karma lives, but I unless I check it after every single game I wouldn't know when I get reported and who has time for that. 

Sorry forgot the say, that number also tells you when you were reported. When they give you a compliment that number increases. When they report you that number goes down, but I recommend to take that number with a grain of salt. Not all great game will you get a compliment every time.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,689 battles
12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Sorry forgot the say, that number also tells you when you were reported. When they give you a compliment that number increases. When they report you that number goes down, but I recommend to take that number with a grain of salt. Not all great game will you get a compliment every time.

Thanks Captain Obvious!

• Bad 1

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

Thanks Captain Obvious!

NP Capt Justin.Eh

Edited by Navalpride33

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

I see where you are going with this, but seriously now, dont wager your opinions of your performance on your karma. I give out my ration every day, but....i am pretty sure i am one of the rare ones that gives measured karma ups and downs.

My definition of reportable afk is out for 15 mins or more of the match, chat abuse...well if you offend me you were really trying, unsupportive is saved for the people that complain about team when they arent the problem, my positive karma is dds that smoke team, cvs that spot, and phenominal play.

My point is...you would already know you were doing a great job if i gave it to you.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,689 battles

I literally **just now** finished a 130 K damage, kraken game with ****THREE**** solo caps in Yugumo. Confederate, double strike, high caliber. *THIS* close to solo warrior. 

Got reported.

Karma can 'F' right off.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,689 battles

Also, 1800 base XP in a loss.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,689 battles
7 minutes ago, legozer said:

I literally **just now** finished a 130 K damage, kraken game with ****THREE**** solo caps in Yugumo. Confederate, double strike, high caliber. *THIS* close to solo warrior. 

Got reported.

Karma can 'F' right off.

EDIT: 146 600 damage.

SUPER EDIT: No chat whatsoever, either. I just sailed about, capping and deleting their ships, and someone down-voted me.

Edited by legozer

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Karma karma karma if you really think your going to get positive Karma for a game well played or Bad karma for winning. just the latter will be guaranteed.{Especially if you CV.} 

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles

lesson 1 people will report you just for sinking them or just because they feel like it and theres no reason behind it, karma doesn't do anything, mean anything its just a way to say you played good or bad problem is people can report just cause they feel like it you sink them in first min they can report you if your both shooting at a ship and you kill it guess what they can report you. so dont let it get to you to much its pretty much just a number if someone complements you great you know you did well in that game or something right that someone was happy about

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
12 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Karma karma karma if you really think your going to get positive Karma for a game well played or Bad karma for winning. just the latter will be guaranteed.{Especially if you CV.} 

i swear some people just save theres for when there in a CV match just to use it on the CV no matter how good you play or do they just like giving bad karma to CV

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles
44 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

i swear some people just save theres for when there in a CV match just to use it on the CV no matter how good you play or do they just like giving bad karma to CV

Yeah, CVs are evil and evil deeds must be punished :Smile_teethhappy:

46 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

lesson 1 people will report you just for sinking them or just because they feel like it and theres no reason behind it, karma doesn't do anything, mean anything its just a way to say you played good or bad problem is people can report just cause they feel like it you sink them in first min they can report you if your both shooting at a ship and you kill it guess what they can report you. so dont let it get to you to much its pretty much just a number if someone complements you great you know you did well in that game or something right that someone was happy about

Well, I guess you're right. I still wish we had a post-battle chat to discuss what happened in the match. That could be a great learning source in an ideal world, but unfortunately in the world we live in it will be just a cesspit of hatred, abuse and bigotry.

Edited by geser98

Members
242 posts
608 battles
8 hours ago, geser98 said:

Obviously, there would be random unprovoked downvotes, but I don't care about the number itself, just the timing.

So the obvious reason they don't do this is retaliation. If you see you get reported there's a decent chance you'll know who it was from your match, or have an idea and therefore retaliate and abuse the reporting system that way. I am not commenting on your character and saying that YOU would, only that it is likely for many people to then behave this way. Would also cause you to get animosity because maybe you had a great game and then you get a "Plays poorly" report, you would over time start to resent the player base at large and this would do nothing but harm the game. 

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
5 hours ago, legozer said:

Got reported.

Karma can 'F' right off.

Sounds about right. Or you get that one rager that tries to drum up reports during the match because you "stole a kill" or looked at him sideways or whatever. 

[NG-NL]
Members
4,959 posts
8,103 battles

Watching your replays also helps. What objective you had in mind during the match vs. the available objectives at particular points.

Easy sometimes, tricky other times. I ran a double Tirpitz div yesterday w/ clanmate and we both had Discord, so when we just dropped a DD (who evidently didn't realize clan divisions often consist of dangerous players), we charged right at a NM , BIsmarck, and Amagi. Bow-in and both secondary builds, so we wrecked all 3. It was hilarious.

OTOH I ran Akatsuki and missed a chance for a DS on a Texas because assumed he'd brake hard once I was spotted--he just kept going, and since I hadn't expected that, 3rd torp tube wasn't aimed before I got wrecked.

[WOLF4]
Members
122 posts
5,793 battles

Ignore karma as an indicator entirely - you'll get angry reports from the guy you sank; angry reports from general trolls; angry reports from some swab who thinks you should have turned left when you turned right... they'd need to completely overhaul the system for a single report here or there to give you any clue whatsoever.

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles
14 hours ago, ArgosRising said:

So the obvious reason they don't do this is retaliation. If you see you get reported there's a decent chance you'll know who it was from your match, or have an idea and therefore retaliate and abuse the reporting system that way. I am not commenting on your character and saying that YOU would, only that it is likely for many people to then behave this way. Would also cause you to get animosity because maybe you had a great game and then you get a "Plays poorly" report, you would over time start to resent the player base at large and this would do nothing but harm the game. 

Really, retaliation is not what I wanted from it, but I understand your point. Makes sense.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
6 minutes ago, geser98 said:

Really, retaliation is not what I wanted from it, but I understand your point. Makes sense.

the whole report system is pretty much a waste, you report someone for playing poorly and whats going to happen nothing but a number gos down, i think the chat one is a bit different that if you get enough you can get a chat ban im not sure on that part, the only way the reporting system could work like you have suggested getting feedback on why you got reported. for example when someone gives you a plays poorly they have to give a quick reason why then WG looks at every report based on what it is and if its within there rules etc they pass onto but as from a anonymous and i dont think we can see WG doing that.

people make to much off a big deal out off it like they think someone going to get banned or suspended if you report them. just focus on the compliments thats all i really bother with giving out and noticing if i get any. if someone thinks you made a mistake or you did something wrong most people are pretty good and if they have the time in battle or if there dead will let you know and how to improve.

Members
20 posts
16,243 battles

Really means nothing. A lot of great players get reported solely because they are the last to die.