Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Found THE graphics card for my laptop

10 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

All you with tatertot laptops like me... I have found a new graphics card which can handle WoWS... with a few mods to the case I suspect... 

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,983 posts

Haha, Voodoos. That takes me back to my TNT2 days.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,337 posts
3,646 battles

Anytime I hear the word laptop in a game I cringe. Even more so with a 'gaming laptop'. You're overpaying for portability...and still handicapping yourself in the process.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,314 posts

.......what am I looking at....

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles

I was watching a documentary on the development of the F-117 today. One of the aerospace engineers was asked what determined the number of radar-reflective angles on the aircraft. He said the aircraft's shape was limited by the mainframe processing power they had at the time. Now, we are talking DARPA here so they had the best computers available. He went on to say that today's hand-held calculators have more processing power than they had available. It's amazing how fast computer technology advances.

Haven't heard "AGP slot" in some time. I may have a few old motherboards down in the basement with them though. That "antiquated" tech is only fifteen years old too.  

Edited by Snargfargle

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Yea, they say the same thing about the moon flights... and can you imagine, all the mental calculations they did back in the day before actual computers existed. Then it was all mental work using slide rulers... then before that fingers and toes. :cap_haloween:

I just really like it... when he turn to that graphics card, fires it up and the room fills with the sound of powerful fans blowing... oh, and it saves space on your computer because it only uses one slot! Ahaha...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I do remember these being a big thing... but then I remember getting all excited when the 386 came out to replace the 286... and the original 10 and 20 megabyte hard drives... I remember... no windows, just the DOS environment... batch files... awww.... those were days are golden. 

1,542 posts
26 battles

That is a beautiful monstrosity lol listen to the sound of it! I can't believe that computer is running that- those graphics cards must be insanely powerful!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

If he did an SLI setup with three of those, his neighborhood would suffer a brownout. 

Sign in to follow this