You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Montana, that Big Sky Battleship

3 comments in this topic

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

Some background: I started out on IJN years ago, then the Russkies, Germans, Brits, French and Italians, and finally got to the Americans grinding my way up to the Montana just a few days ago.

It was an awful day with players displaying cowardice and many apparently as dumb as a plank, or learning, let's be charitable (but tier X?). But I finally set off in the Montana and it looked like another clear loss way into the battle--all three caps red, 3 ships down. I'll admit it I was ranting in team chat a bit. Irked. Why doesn't anyone push ffs.

Then, lo, we did. I pushed into C-cap and finished off 2 BBs and a CA with cit hits and surprise broadsides, the other 2 caps were taken... and I ended up apologizing and telling the team that a dish of crow had never tasted so good. Dreadnought and 1st place, a fine way to end off a less than stellar Friday of battles--and a compliment appeared afterwards:

Spoiler

5ac83cd66ed9f_Montana1.jpg.a37825803e6e34db1618aafe0c42029e.jpg

5ac83d0028ea8_Montana2.jpg.5675487964bf8a021d2d11f53d007367.jpg

• Cool 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

Nice victory in the end @Stauffenberg44. Sometimes newer players buy premiums etc and end up higher in the line than they are ready for. But, be patient with them and they'll eventually learn :) You did a splendid job kicking butt all by yourself might I add! You certainly showed your enemies how to do it! 

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
3 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

Nice victory in the end @Stauffenberg44. Sometimes newer players buy premiums etc and end up higher in the line than they are ready for. But, be patient with them and they'll eventually learn :) You did a splendid job kicking butt all by yourself might I add! You certainly showed your enemies how to do it! 

Patience, you're right. I'll work on that. ;)