You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Add "forfeit" and "scuttle" function to the game

114 comments in this topic

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles

Some times when you are the only guy playing right and survive to the last minute... and  the enemies don't have the kind of chivalry to give you a free pass because you are not leading a french ship so...

For the maximum pleasant game experience thus maximize WG's profitability, please give people with above average self-respect an easy way out.

I pledge $500 if both function gets added.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 74
  • Angry 3

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

No.. next...

OK how about kamikaze mode. You can activate it when you are the last ship sailing.

Active for 30 minutes, a speed boost of 100%, you can't fire your guns, only secondary, you take only 10% of the ramming dmg but the enemy takes double.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 19

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,162 battles

The simple and most obvious problem with this function, is people leaving at any point in the battle if they feel like it's not going their way.  The first time three guys on your team bolted after the first two minutes of the match - you would wish you had your $500 back and had never thought of the idea.

• Cool 6

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Forfeit/scuttle would be abused to grief team mates.  Hard no on that.

"Kamikaze mode"...too much of a gimmick.  We don't need any more of that. 

YOLO charge if you don't want to prolong a certain loss.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles
5 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Why you downvoting me? I'm trying to be constructive.

7 ships chasing my little torp boat... how's that fun for anyone?

In my humble opinion if the last player standing reward was handed out you may find players hiding to get it.. the last player standing may the be the highest rewarded player

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles

I can not begin to put into words how vehemently I am against this idea.  Adding in-game functions for "I don't want to play this game"? No. Just - no. Only if it comes with a free auto-uninstall or you lose your ship permanently will I ever agree with the implementation.

How much of a coward are you where you can't even sink with some dignity by just driving at the enemy, in a game where dying has no penalty whatsoever? Who knows, you might score some extra damage and thus XP and credits while you're fighting your last stand.

Personally, I hope that with the pathetic coward attitude of "I want to sink my own ship the moment things aren't looking so good" you're never ever on my team.

Scuttling in a game where sinking has no consequence whatsoever is cowardly, pathetic and should hold a severe penalty far as I'm concerned. If you can't be arsed to play the game when things are against you, why are you even playing it to begin with.

Your suggestion is not constructive in any way, shape or form. It would not enhance game play for anyone, whatsoever.

</rant>

<Edit> After giving it some more thought it seems to me that implementing scuttling without serious and severe penalty would destroy PvP game meta entirely. If people can scuttle without severe penalty what's to stop them from just scuttling whenever they're in an MM they don't like? "The enemy team has three radars to our one. Scuttling!" "They have a graf zeppelin, scuttling!" "They've got an overpowered OPG  division in Atlantas and Flints. Scuttling!" "Bottom tier again. Scuttling!"

It would destroy the game.

• Cool 21
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,656 posts
10,225 battles

quite frankly the sporting thing to do is drive straight at the enemy and let them kill you while doing as much damage as you possibly can yourself.

hiding or running the corner when the game is clearly over gets you 5 reports from me... end everyones pain and move on to a better match.. no gimmicks needed.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
740 posts
7,848 battles
5 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

OK how about kamikaze mode. You can activate it when you are the last ship sailing.

Active for 30 minutes, a speed boost of 100%, you can't fire your guns, only secondary, you take only 10% of the ramming dmg but the enemy takes double.

Ok, listen. a few days ago I was in a match where our team lost 4 ships in the first 3 minutes. We ended up down 6-3 with a large points deficit. We won.

I've seen a team down 4-1 get a kill in the final 10 seconds that flipped the points lead and win the game. I was on the losing side of that one.

I've seen so many situations where a team turned what loked like a sure loss at the 10 minute mark and was able to win that I've lost count.

You never give up. Sometimes you learn a lot in a ROFLstomp loss. Almost always more than in a ROFLstomp win.

Never ever give up. Make the enemy team fight for every HP.

• Cool 3

[-SYN-]
Members
212 posts
4,240 battles

Rarely, do i think I come across something that is a worse than someone on the team being AFK. 

AFK'er may have been disconnected and reloading, maybe someone came to the door and they come back, maybe the power cut out. Life happens. 

This? This is willfully saying that you have no desire to even attempt to play the game. It would be abused to the Nth degree. Someone who wants to troll by sinking themselves at the start of the match? One match ruined even 30 seconds to a minute.  Someone who is running the win rate mod and doesn't like their team? Gone. 

Ranked play? Better hope someone on your team doesn't just scuttle for laughs at the spawn.

This would do nothing at all to enhance the state of the game. It would only make it that much more.....I don't even have a word for it. 

I hope this is just a troll post, I really do. 

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,167 battles
19 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I honestly agree with you its not is it....

[NDA]
Supertester
4,770 posts
13,557 battles

f27c4Of.jpg

Recently my T5 Italian Battle ships was surround, running out of friendlies, running out of HP and running out of time. But with 7 seconds left in the game my shells connected with a battleships securing my 8th kill and the win. Lesson is Fight to the last ship. Fight to the last shell. Fight to the last torpedo. Fight to the last second on the clock. Fight till there is nothing else to fight. Fight till you slip below the waves. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,164 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

I can not begin to put into words how vehemently I am against this idea.  Adding in-game functions for "I don't want to play this game"? No. Just - no. Only if it comes with a free auto-uninstall or you lose your ship permanently will I ever agree with the implementation.

How much of a coward are you where you can't even sink with some dignity by just driving at the enemy, in a game where dying has no penalty whatsoever? Who knows, you might score some extra damage and thus XP and credits while you're fighting your last stand.

Personally, I hope that with the pathetic coward attitude of "I want to sink my own ship the moment things aren't looking so good" you're never ever on my team.

Scuttling in a game where sinking has no consequence whatsoever is cowardly, pathetic and should hold a severe penalty far as I'm concerned. If you can't be arsed to play the game when things are against you, why are you even playing it to begin with.

Your suggestion is not constructive in any way, shape or form. It would not enhance game play for anyone, whatsoever.

</rant>

I have to agree with Lert here. You hit the Battle button knowing full well that it's usually going to be the feast/famine thing. Take the good with the bad and handle both with some semblance of dignity.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,641 battles

Now we try to be constructive and see how this suggestion can be positively used. Now, in the forums, I am known for being a Swedish neutral. In all honesty, I cant find anything positive or an  argument for its implementation that can be well, trusted. I only see people leaving the game out of act cowardliness instead of, well, fighting...   I cant even with a straight face back this up... This game you bring your dignity with you, but  its your choice to use it or not... Cheers!

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,167 battles
28 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Some times when you are the only guy playing right and survive to the last minute... and  the enemies don't have the kind of chivalry to give you a free pass because you are not leading a french ship so...

For the maximum pleasant game experience thus maximize WG's profitability, please give people with above average self-respect an easy way out.

I pledge $500 if both function gets added.

meh when you see team not worth playing with and such just leave  I like to fight till last breath but I get to angry and just get chat banned so leaving a bad scene and playing a different ship is just fine by me now .I don't really care if it angers some I am more concerned about how soon I will be chat banned when on those teams that lead to long and boring games with no chance of win or any real damage I would rather die in first few mins honestly than have to try and survive entire game with no hope of win or any chance of high damage  I know some say just drive into enemy and die and maybe you will get some damage go ahead that's fine me leaving a lost cause is exactly the same thing I just get to maybe enjoy a game sooner is all

• Angry 1

Members
126 posts
303 battles
16 minutes ago, Lert said:

I can not begin to put into words how vehemently I am against this idea...

Don’t hold back, dude; tell us how you really feel.

Personally, I like it when red taunts me in chat, like “Don’t be a little sissy!” or “Go hide like a little [deleted]” because I’m not running or hiding. I’m lining up my torps, [deleted]!

Of course, it might be funny to see a red player scuttle when he could win on points by hiding for two more minutes. You know someone would do it, too.

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
38 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Either try your best to win with whats against you or just charge facefirst and get it over with. Thats it. Done. The end

• Cool 1

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles
39 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

What's to stop someone from scuttling during a one-on-one duel, thus denying the enemy a totally deserved kill? Look at WoT and suicide jumps into the water, it's awful and ragequitting should be punished as harshly as possible, not adding a function to make it easier.

Edited by geser98
  • Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
25 minutes ago, TurboT said:

quite frankly the sporting thing to do is drive straight at the enemy and let them kill you while doing as much damage as you possibly can yourself.

hiding or running the corner when the game is clearly over gets you 5 reports from me... end everyones pain and move on to a better match.. no gimmicks needed.

Just remember, if you see me heading your way (not likely, but it might happen), and I'm the last hope, I'm probably trying to sink you.  I might ram you.  Never know.  If you see me going away, I'm probably looking for a better target, or a way to surprise you or someone.  I won't just run away and hide unless I have a points advantage where that is the best course of action.  What I *won't* do is suicide to no gain.  Doesn't mean I might not derp and deliver you the game, but, that's not the same thing.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles
2 minutes ago, geser98 said:

What's to stop someone from scuttling during a one-on-one duel, thus denying the enemy a totally deserved kill? Look at WoT and suicide jumps into the water, it's awful and ragequitting should be punished as harshly as possible, not adding a function to make it easier.

99myucY.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,167 battles

Hmm some people are very testy about this scuttle idea lol in some older game s I used to play and quit before win cause the game got so stat obsessed everyone would dodge any 60% wr players so I had one account with the name ReTaRdeD was like 400 losses and well pretty sure under 20 wins cause sometimes people would leave if you cheesed them hard in first few mins but man that account became almost my main account cause EVERYBODY wanted to play me soon as they seen  the stats I had on it I got figured out when I started posting replays of games where I beat hardcore players and sadly EVERYBODY dodged my account again was lame

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,542 posts
3,731 battles
52 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

It seems you have forfeited and scuttled that idea when making this thread.