You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

To those who complain...

18 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,322 posts

With the April Fools event and now Isoruko being an earnable captain, I've seen a lot of people complain that Wargaming is "wasting valuable time that could be better spent developing the game"
Here's a few examples I randomly grabbed:
wg_by_chobittsu_studios-dc83yjf.png

To these people, I have something to show you. This is from one of Wargaming's many offices:

Deal with it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,210 battles

Must have been an odd day at the office.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,934 posts
12,460 battles

These people seem to operate on the belief that WG is a 6 person garage based company where every employee just takes tasks off of the same numbered checklist.

As for the Isoroku captain, I doubt more than 3 or so man hours had to be spent on implementing him, all he is is a graphic attached to a unique captain ID, with two or three sound bites attached.

Also, funny vid. I laughed.

Alpha Tester
4,715 posts
2,408 battles
13 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Deal with it.

Alternatively, in song form...

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

Doesn't bother me in the least that I am not "into" everything that WG decides to develop.  I am not participating in the Space Battles.  Tried it once and moved on.   If other folks enjoy them, that's great.  I appreciate the fact that there is a steady stream of new content, whether it is all aimed at my interests or not...

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles

Clearly we need more anime tie-ins.

pXA1JOi.jpg

• Funny 2

[SOUP]
7,322 posts
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

These people seem to operate on the belief that WG is a 6 person garage based company where every employee just takes tasks off of the same numbered checklist.

As for the Isoroku captain, I doubt more than 3 or so man hours had to be spent on implementing him, all he is is a graphic attached to a unique captain ID, with two or three sound bites attached.

Also, funny vid. I laughed.

Hell, took me less than that to make your replacer for the kitty, couple minutes really...

As for 6-man garage-band, that would be the X-Universe Series

[HINON]
Supertester
18,934 posts
12,460 battles
1 minute ago, Chobittsu said:

Hell, took me less than that to make your replacer for the kitty, couple minutes really...

What replacer for what kitty?

As for Isoroku, I'm betting that the sound bites took the most time by far, definitely more than the portrait and implementation.

[SOUP]
7,322 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

What replacer for what kitty?

As for Isoroku, I'm betting that the sound bites took the most time by far, definitely more than the portrait and implementation.

You're part of the HSF lineup of replacements

18b_by_chobittsu_studios-dc741ke.png

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
18,934 posts
12,460 battles
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

You're part of the HSF lineup of replacements

Nifty, neato and most assuredly quite fab.

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles

I think CV drivers have every right to complain and whine like a pirates wrench. Other then the DDs, the CV type has seen changes that did not help them what so ever, for some reason the CV changes are taking forever to take affect.  Meanwhile the popularity and the buffs of the BBs has increase, the overall population of BB drivers is strong because of it.    In the end, viewing it from war gaming POV. War gaming  has 4 wives to keep happy and maintained. I dont know about you but must attention spend of guys, its hard enough to keep 1 wife happy. I dont envy War gaming's position of keeping the peace in case

• One gets jealous over the other over improvements or changes.
  • One gets wife gets neglected, while the other 3 gets pampared at the Wargaming Developement spa in the land of vodka
  • What to these 4 wives have in common? If War gaming makes a promise  to any of them, we will nag/remind/hassle/complain Etc. what that promise is in the first place.
  • A wife at any time can ask for divorce because of "Irreconcilable differences"

In the end, not to be sympathetic to war gaming they did this to themselves. I can be Empathetic in recognizing how hard there position is. Cheers guys ! 

Edited by Navalpride33

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

I think CV drivers have every right to complain and whine like a pirates wrench. Other then the DDs, the CV type has seen changes that did not help them what so ever, for some reason the CV changes are taking forever to take affect.  Meanwhile the popularity and the buffs of the BBs has increase, the overall population of BB drivers is strong because of it.    In the end, viewing it from war gaming POV. War gaming  has 4 wives to keep happy and maintained. I dont know about you but must attention spend of guys, its hard enough to keep 1 wife happy. I dont envy War gaming's position of keeping the peace in case

• One gets jealous over the other over improvements or changes.
  • One gets wife gets neglected, while the other 3 gets pampared at the Wargaming Developement spa in the land of vodka
  • What to these 4 wives have in common? If War gaming makes a promise  to any of them, we will nag/remind/hassle/complain Etc. what that promise is in the first place.
  • A wife at any time can ask for divorce because of "Irreconcilable differences"

In the end, not to be sympathetic to war gaming they did this to themselves. I can be Empathetic in recognizing how hard there position is. Cheers guys ! 

so an update every 3 weeks is not enough for you?

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles
37 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

so an update every 3 weeks is not enough for you?

good question, I am not the one complaining. I just point out/ comment on the original post.  When I do complain its because of lack of variety of torp DDs in the higher tiers VS  gun DDs of all nations from tier 8 to 10.  That is besides the point. The main issue is

• The community has good memory in what promises are being made
  • Its hard to keep every ship type happy.

Even though I comment on what I see in the community. Those post that whine/complain/reminding on the promises of the past etc. are not the opinion or expressed written consent of yours truly.  Now, that's out of the way you did ask and here is my two cents. If the community ask for these updates then majority rules, I dont agree with some updates like space battles because to me it looks like Clan warfare/domination battle with Tier X ships in space. After X amount of games before the event is over the community will get bored of it (tested it in PTS graphics dpt. did a terrific job, disappointed in the WOW factor overall). Or the experimentation of Deep Water Torps, or the over hype of PA-DDs of being tops in concealment and torps in the game but its not. I guess that for me the argument I will make is its not about quantity, MajorRenegade, its quality. But I am just one guy, I dont think I represent everyone. That is why I always say leave your thoughts below! Cheers MajorRene @!~

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles

All I can say is , I saw a commercial on the net tonight that had cool looking space ships moving in 3 dimensions , firing laser , blasters rockets, etc. at each other , some blowing up .  Couldn't guess the genre' or anything. And I thought cool looking game I'll watch the whole commercial and see what it is and might buy it and/or check it out

IT WAS A WORLD OF WARSHIPS COMMERCIAL! LOL  Talk about misleading advertising,

and yea I have already played 20-30 WOWS space battles this past week

Edited by Strachwitz666

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Oh sweet, I was just about to ask about that! Awesome, now the only question is where I should put my kitty...

[SOUP]
7,322 posts
2 hours ago, Strachwitz666 said:

All I can say is , I saw a commercial on the net tonight that had cool looking space ships moving in 3 dimensions , firing laser , blasters rockets, etc. at each other , some blowing up .  Couldn't guess the genre' or anything. And I thought cool looking game I'll watch the whole commercial and see what it is and might buy it and/or check it out

IT WAS A WORLD OF WARSHIPS COMMERCIAL! LOL  Talk about misleading advertising,

and yea I have already played 20-30 WOWS space battles this past week

Got sauce for that? I'd very much like to see it

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
7 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Got sauce for that? I'd very much like to see it

I wish Chobitsu, I tried searching for it for my earlier post and the thing is not popping up in the searches . I was watching you tube shorts the first time i saw it come on between vids  two automatically  and I gather that was a  random spot  insert advertisement.  I didnt bookmark or note the vid sequence so i can't place or recreate the sequence , and really did not giive it much thought after I saw it except to go 'D ^M, misleading advert, and LOL a little

IT was definitely a real company advertisement though. wish I could find it, 

Edited by Strachwitz666