Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
whitehart999

Cover based shooter?

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts
2,446 battles

I am starting to notice more and more that WoW is degenerating to a cover based shooter.    Its a race to hug up against an island to block incoming shots then peak out and fire then dive for cover again.     The huge over abundance of island cover in many of the maps can make a game simply resemble a game of PUBG instead of a naval battle.           Anyone else notice that?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,767 posts

Sometimes it's the right call. Like the Atlanta does well hugging islands like they are your waifu. Other times the ships need to be pushing. Maps with a dearth of cover especially at high tiers make focus fire really powerful. The first ship spotted is often the first to die without cover like on the old setup of tears of the cruisers . . . I mean desert. 

[SYN]
Members
4,520 posts
11,433 battles

I think the OP is making the suggestion that the combat in this game often resembles anything other than naval combat, with the prolificity of island-hugging, bow-tanking, smoke-firing, back-and-forth peek-a-boo corner fighting (WoT style) that goes on.  Honestly, I can't disagree with the OP.  While I enjoy the game for what it is, it only makes me long ever so much for something much more authentic.  Like a modern, glossed up version of Jutland.

Frankly, if such a game existed, I'd be playing WoWS a whole lot less than I do now, if at all.  I have Jutland but sadly it won't run on my system.  I have SHIV, modded to the 'enth degree for realism and difficulty.  I'm also maintaining a persistent campaign in War in the Pacific:Admiral's Edition, but that is strategy only.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
9 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Frankly, if such a game existed, I'd be playing WoWS a whole lot less than I do now, if at all.  I have Jutland but sadly it won't run on my system.  I have SHIV, modded to the 'enth degree for realism and difficulty.  I'm also maintaining a persistent campaign in War in the Pacific:Admiral's Edition, but that is strategy only.

When I'm not playing this, I'm playing Command Modern Air and Naval Operations (sim)...or flying in WT when I get that itch...or something else entirely.  

Sign in to follow this