You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fr05ty

Fr05ty's ADLA attempt: HTMS Thonburi

2 comments in this topic

[RELSH]
Members
213 posts
3,733 battles

Hello and welcome again! As you know, I occasionally post ADLAs over at ShipComrade. I'll always post a small blurb on each ADLA here and you can comment the articles here as well (just make sure to read them in full ;) ). 

A Detailed Look At: HTMS Thonburi

sGUu6iNLJEEB0zAo53WXQZ0sYbNfDuFkfjO0vb7HF_Wbo1XMhJOLvXkDBjE1B1LCMduaxVMXHdS6zyPhXm4vMk3c19oXqz1-g9Mwddi6mLnVWtNgpNJFmwq1F5Qesm1BdCZ6aHlW
Honouring the foundation date of the current Thai dynasty, and the end of the previous one, today I bring to thee the HTMS Thonburi! Mightiest vessel of the Royal Siamese Navy during World War II and the Franco-Thai war, the Thonburi was a compact and beautiful coastal defense ship and one of the last of their kind. Built by the Japanese, the Thonburi participated in the Battle of Ko Chang against a French squadron in the Franco-Thai war and was badly damaged. She continued serving in the navy as a training vessel until 1959. Part of her bridge and gun turret are now preserved as a memorial at the Royal Thai Naval Academy. Her sister ship had a much quieter service, performing as a Royal Yacht before being sunk in the Manhattan Rebellion in 1951.
Step in and read about this possible jewel for all of you who enjoy Thailand, all Thai people out there and anybody who likes a different and quirky ship in our beloved game. 

Read Full Article...

Everybody's welcome to comment, critique and provide their opinions but please just keep it civil and enjoy!!

- Fr05ty

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles

Thanks.  It;s an interesting suggestion.