You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Why did I get so much XP?

43 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles

I just had a very sub-par game in my Atago, or so I thought until I looked at the score board.

oLaCTFp.jpg

KOOYUGj.jpg

Spoiler

zeG5ohd.jpg

E6c3qMF.jpg

- Yeah I got three kills, but two of those were total kill'secures' and I really don't believe the bonus for landing the killing blow is that high

- Yeah I got a cap but it was a shared one, and I don't believe the XP bonus for shared capping is that high, or is there a modifier for cruisers doing the capping?

- I didn't survive so no bonus there

- I got 800k potential damage shot at me, is there a bonus for that?

- I only did 24k damage, completely sub par, no way i should've gotten 1600 base XP and top of the team

- Is there an XP bonus for first blood? It's my most common medal

• Boring 1

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

damage was on higher tier ships? maybe most was on the DD? This game is like an box of chocolates....... I win games by strategic play and capping or delaying caps and get 9th place...detonate a dd on a random torp and I am first place....

See the source image

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

- I only did 24k damage, completely sub par, no way i should've gotten 1600 base XP and top of the team

You shot and killed higher tier ships or dds that's why.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

Seems legit, but lert is asking.

Dont you know we turn to you for answers?

16×s potential vs act damage, 24 cap points, lg damage to dd, rest to higher tier, this all says a good posting but maybe not top. Also have defense points and torpedo spotting. Although everyone in your team is almost same xp.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
Just now, knice_destroyer said:

You shot and killed higher tier ships or dds that's why.

I don't quite believe the bonus for that is that high. The most significant damage (10k off a Benson and the kill) was same tier.

[INTEL]
Members
747 posts
7,860 battles

Bottom Tier and I'm betting you did damage to the enemy DD's, two of which are a higher tier than you.

[FAILD]
Members
36 posts
16,285 battles

Capping and kills is what I am guessing. You get a lot of experience for capping, more than you may realize.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
Just now, Ares1967 said:

Bottom Tier and I'm betting you did damage to the enemy DD's, two of which are a higher tier than you.

6k to the Z-46 is the most significant damage (in % of target health) to a higher tier ship.

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

The most significant damage (10k off a Benson and the kill) was same tier.

It is man trust me, 10 k off a benson is like 50 k or more of fire damage off a bb.  I get a crap ton of XP shooting at dds in my radar cas, i have 5k or more XP for like 25k in damage all dds.

[INTEL]
Members
747 posts
7,860 battles
Just now, Lert said:

6k to the Z-46 is the most significant damage (in % of target health) to a higher tier ship.

So you did over around 60% and got the kill on a same teir DD. You got 25%ish to a Tier 9 DD. Add in some spotting damage and two more kills.. I can see 1600 for that. I've topped 2k in  the sims with under 20k damage in a T9 match, without a cap.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

To answer question you asked about potential, i am not aware of an official info source for it, but with numbers i have run so far somewhere around 8xs and over is a better bonus.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

So you did over around 60% and got the kill on a same teir DD. You got 25%ish to a Tier 9 DD. Add in some spotting damage and two more kills.. I can see 1600 for that.

I guess it all adds up in the end. I was just very surprised I ended up that high on what I felt was a very sub-par game.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Damage on your spotting?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,493 posts
2,046 battles

How much spotting damage did you have? That might have had something to do with it.

Also, looks like the team was mediocre, and the reds worse. That would explain why you were on top.

And your damage to DDs and capping helped.

But, as everyone says, if you don't know then the rest of us certainly don't:Smile_amazed:

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

Damage on your spotting?

Only 13k.

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Note to self: play Kutuzov more often, see what happens...

[INTEL]
Members
747 posts
7,860 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

I guess it all adds up in the end. I was just very surprised I ended up that high on what I felt was a very sub-par game.

Sub-par from a damage standpoint, sure, but I seem to recall a certain Supertester with a Cat Avatar saying many times.. "some damage is more important than other damage". That statement has stuck with me since I first read it. Its a big reason my Belfast W/R is +58% despite my DPG being well below server avg.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
15 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Does it include bonus XP camo or flags? 

Base XP doesn't include any bonuses.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You know, in your snap shoot, at the end of the tab there is one called "Credits and XP". That would've help us as a community to help you understand your WHY  question? but since you did not supply us with that very important screen shoot. I really cant answer the why part since, Premium time, camo, econ flags PLUS in game performance can = your outcome. Then again I am speculating. Cheers !

Look in drop down box. In the original post.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You know, in your snap shoot, at the end of the tab there is one called "Credits and XP". That would've help us as a community to help you understand your WHY  question? but since you did not supply us with that very important screen shoot. I really cant answer the why part since, Premium time, camo, econ flags PLUS in game performance can = your outcome. Then again I am speculating. Cheers !

And lerts question was regarding base xp, not all the premium junk, detailed report was all we really needed.

Seriously though lert, looking again makes sense, although you dont feel it was a spectacular game, the team xp shows every did about the same amount of work, without 2 or 3 players having a killer game it doesnt take much to edge them out.

[WORX]
Members
1,638 posts
12,695 battles
4 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

Look in drop down box. In the original post.

Thank, I deleted my comment, I am the fool and I recognize my error thank you lol

• Funny 1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Thank, I deleted my comment, I am the fool and I recognize my error thank you lol

Happens to all of us.