You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seadog_Supreme

Twitch Deal Is A Good One

38 comments in this topic

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

The Twitch deal is working out well for me. I get a substantial Warships benefit every month, plus Amazon Prime. Yeah, it costs money for Amazon Prime, but in addition to free shipping, you get Prime videos. The videos are important to a cord-cutter like me. The initial set-up was something of a chore, but this month the Warships rewards were a one-click and then automatically added to my account. If you have Amazon Prime already, it's a monthly freeby to you. I don't expect some great reward from this, but as I've already used the free shipping and watched some videos, I will continue with it.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,857 posts

I believe it was just last month and this month for free loot for warships but maybe in the future they will add more. It did work out nicely since I already had prime and this was a bonus.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
478 posts
3,561 battles

Do you have to login to the client using Twitch ID to see the missions?  I linked my Amazon Prime and Twitch accounts weeks ago but havent seen any missions or rewards

[WOLF2]
Members
867 posts
7,019 battles
8 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Do you have to login to the client using Twitch ID to see the missions?  I linked my Amazon Prime and Twitch accounts weeks ago but havent seen any missions or rewards

Yep.  Log into Twitch with your ID.  At the top right of the Twitch screen, there's an icon of a crown.  Click the crown to see the loot promotions.  WOWS will have an option.  Click, and receive!

• Cool 1

Members
9 posts
429 battles
11 minutes ago, missile742 said:

You have to go into your Twitch account, look at the offers [the link in the upper right corner that looks like a crown] and claim your stuff there.  Once done, it should be in your WoWs account the next time you log in.

EDIT:  What DiddleDum said above.  :) 

Edited by lordsnotrag
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
478 posts
3,561 battles
Just now, lordsnotrag said:

You have to go into your Twitch account, look at the offers [the link in the upper right corner that looks like a crown] and claim your stuff there.  Once done, it should be in your WoWs account the next time you log in.

Sweet thanks for the info

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
478 posts
3,561 battles
4 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Yep.  Log into Twitch with your ID.  At the top right of the Twitch screen, there's an icon of a crown.  Click the crown to see the loot promotions.  WOWS will have an option.  Click, and receive!

And thanks to you too!

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
48 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I believe it was just last month and this month for free loot for warships but maybe in the future they will add more. It did work out nicely since I already had prime and this was a bonus.

Not sure. If you have Prime already, this is a free goody. Also you can do the trial, cancel, and still get one set of rewards. We'll see what happens next month. There are rewards for other games too.

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

I have had Prime for years. Linked to Twitch account a month or so ago when I saw the deal and got the special port et al, Then nothing.

Just followed this and logged in again. Saw a WOWS link to get loot.

How often should I check in? I seldom if ever use twitch otherwise.

[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles

How long should it take to register on the WoWS client? 

I clicked the Texas link on Twitch, and my account was already linked. Yet when I logged on about five minutes later, I didn't get the 7+ million credits (I already have a Texas).

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yeah, since I have Amazon Prime already, I just linked the Twitch Prime and got mah freebies.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
5 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

I clicked the Texas link on Twitch, and my account was already linked. Yet when I logged on about five minutes later, I didn't get the 7+ million credits (I already have a Texas).

Did you check the Notifications tab at that time?  I didn't see anything visible when logged in, as I had Texas as well, but in Notifications, there was the silver credited.  Of course, if you've logged out since then, you can't see it anymore.

• Cool 1

[BBP]
Members
333 posts
4,024 battles

Hmm, I got the Texas and a Twitch mission but no 10 point commander and no crates.  

[WOLF9]
Members
23 posts
3,725 battles
11 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

I had to unlink and then re-link my account for it to work for this Texas deal.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
8,857 posts
33 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

You need to claim the loot on twitch iirc. 

Edit: Also if you already have the game open when you claim it, you need to restart the client for it to appear.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
12 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Hmm, I got the Texas and a Twitch mission but no 10 point commander and no crates.  

I don't think a 10 point commander was part of the deal.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
9,238 battles
31 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

18 minutes ago, yeochee said:

I had to unlink and then re-link my account for it to work for this Texas deal.

^^^

This.  I had to do the same exact thing in order for the Texas deal to show up.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles

Thanks to everyone for the info! Will unlink and relink this evening and see if that works. 

:Smile_honoring:

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

The last 2 months Twitch has had WoWs related loot. I think it was just some camo and flags last month, but a free premium Texas BB this month along with permanent twitch camo (if you complete personal missions). Great stuff Wargaming and Twitch, definitely appreciate it.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
Just now, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

How do you link your world of warships account to your twitch account?

You go to the twitch prime, then to the loot available, and then it should point you to where you can link the two.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,204 posts
7,189 battles
2 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

I don't think a 10 point commander was part of the deal.

That was last month's loot.

1 hour ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

How do you link your world of warships account to your twitch account?

1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

You go to the twitch prime, then to the loot available, and then it should point you to where you can link the two.

Okay, so, don't do it that way. The link they send you to by default is the EU link, and that's not going to do a lot for you.

Go here: https://na.wargaming.net/personal/

On the right side, underneath the FB / Google / Microsoft buttons, there should be a link for Twitch.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
42 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

That was last month's loot.

Oh, yeah.  He's on Atlanta now.

Okay, so, don't do it that way. The link they send you to by default is the EU link, and that's not going to do a lot for you.

Go here: https://na.wargaming.net/personal/

On the right side, underneath the FB / Google / Microsoft buttons, there should be a link for Twitch.

I think that's what I actually did.  I noted it was an EU link when I got it.  It was a month ago.  I only remember the basic stuff!