Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gus_Polinsky

Svetlana and the "false flag"

4 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
1,641 battles

I was looking at the Sveltlana cruiser and noticed that the details show it was in service in 1928 yet it still flies the Imperial Navy ensign rather then the Red Banner ensign of the Soviet Navy.  Shouldn't it be flying the Soviet flag in 1928?

Edited by Rovers_FC

[STURM]
Members
269 posts
2,767 battles

The tier 4 Sveltlana and the tier 5 premium Kransy Krym are actually the same exact ship, it's just the the ship was named Sveltlana when it first started construction by the Imperial Navy. After the Soviets took over, they renamed the ship to Kransy Krym during a refit. So, yeah, the ship never (as far as I know) never flew the Soviet flag under the name Sveltlana.

Also, do not buy the Kransy Krym. It can see tier 7 ships but is only very slightly better than the Sveltlana.

• Cool 1

Members
20 posts
1,641 battles
On 4/6/2018 at 2:40 PM, Baskerville77 said:

The tier 4 Sveltlana and the tier 5 premium Kransy Krym are actually the same exact ship, it's just the the ship was named Sveltlana when it first started construction by the Imperial Navy. After the Soviets took over, they renamed the ship to Kransy Krym during a refit. So, yeah, the ship never (as far as I know) never flew the Soviet flag under the name Sveltlana.

Also, do not buy the Kransy Krym. It can see tier 7 ships but is only very slightly better than the Sveltlana.

Thank you, Sir.  This makes sense.  Also thanks for the tip about the KK.  My son had it and reported the same advice.

Sign in to follow this