You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
laughingiguana

transfering account to steam help

9 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
375 battles

I've been playing WoWS for some time now and I found out the game is on steam for free so I downloaded the game from steam but there was no option to log in via twitch or my wargaming account is there any way to transfer my current progress to my steam account?

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,039 battles

Steam not linked to existing accounts and won't be linked. Typical WG feature implementation.

Image result for laughs meme

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles
10 minutes ago, laughingiguana said:

I've been playing WoWS for some time now and I found out the game is on steam for free so I downloaded the game from steam but there was no option to log in via twitch or my wargaming account is there any way to transfer my current progress to my steam account?

Why do you want to run wrapped in Steam?  You've obviously been running free for some time.  What does a Steam wrapper offer you?

Members
1,107 posts
7,242 battles
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

Steam not linked to existing accounts and won't be linked. Typical WG feature implementation.

Image result for laughs meme

This is stupid... what I mean is that it would not take much for Steam to read the publically available stat files for a player as seen with a site like Warships Today... it seems silly to go thru the process of adding WoWS to Steam and not linking the users stats... 

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,163 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Why do you want to run wrapped in Steam?  You've obviously been running free for some time.  What does a Steam wrapper offer you?

Keep everything together and tidy.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,169 posts
3,085 battles
On 2018. 4. 6. at 10:28 AM, RipNuN2 said:

I'm not sure, but using this method may not allow the player to utilize the Steam Wallet for buying things on the in-game Premium shop... or so I heard.

Please don't quote me on that. Thank you.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[HINON]
Members
8,834 posts
Just now, Blorgh2017 said:

I'm not sure, but using this method may not allow the player to utilize the Steam Wallet for buying things on the in-game Premium shop... or so I heard.

Please don't quote me on that. Thank you.

I do believe you are correct.