You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Amenhir

Where to vent your rage when naming and shaming isn't allowed?

29 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Members
824 posts
4,231 battles

It's a standard battle and their are three friendlies in enemy cap and about to win.  When I say about to win I mean literally one tick away from capping and a friendly Hindy decides to TK a friendly Fletcher in the cap.   I'm so beside myself with anger that there aren't enough walls in my house to punch.  

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
8 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

It's a standard battle and their are three friendlies in enemy cap and about to win.  When I say about to win I mean literally one tick away from capping and a friendly Hindy decides to TK a friendly Fletcher in the cap.   I'm so beside myself with anger that there aren't enough walls in my house to punch.

Try to see if anyone has a replay of the TK in that match and send in a ticket, that's all you can do.

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,458 battles

Simple, make sure you have replays on and send it in to WoWs Support...  I always feel much better.

[DPG]
Members
824 posts
4,231 battles
1 minute ago, knice_destroyer said:

Try to see if anyone has a replay of the TK in that match and send in a ticket, that's all you can do.

1 minute ago, gcangel82 said:

Simple, make sure you have replays on and send it in to WoWs Support...  I always feel much better.

Oh I have the replay.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
1 minute ago, Amenhir said:

Oh I have the replay.

Excellent send the support ticket in man and hopefully the dbag gets banned.

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles

reddit... discord... you know, the areas where WG has no control over content because they don't own the site.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
824 posts
4,231 battles
Just now, knice_destroyer said:

Excellent send the support ticket in man and hopefully the dbag gets banned.

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can send in a ticket for Tking.  It has something to do with the automated system.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,478 battles
11 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Start a youtube channel , Send a replay to Jingles 

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,976 battles
5 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Oh I have the replay.

Send it to me :) ill gladly post it to my youtube shenanigans.

posting to youtube is the only way to properly vent

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,458 battles
2 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can send in a ticket for Tking.  It has something to do with the automated system.

Actually yes you can...  While he probably already got a penalty for it automatically, it is considered unsporting behavior the way he did as you are describing it, and that is reportable.

[DPG]
Members
824 posts
4,231 battles
4 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Send it to me :) ill gladly post it to my youtube shenanigans.

posting to youtube is the only way to properly vent

sent a pm. :)

[RKLES]
Members
7,104 posts
8,758 battles
31 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Depending on how they TK you it is possible to submit a ticket. Had 1 battle where my DD was low HP since I had done well clearing the way through enemy ships. Well we were capping enemy base and I was patrolling perimeter of cap circle  to continue aiding team since enemy had a full HP DD left. And the 3 member division on my team that were all the same ckan wanted me to chase down that DD which even if I was full HP would have out gunned me.

So a BB in base deliberately TKed me with full broadsided salvo, and then he and his 2 friends let loose in chat about how that was what I desvered, included nice profanity, insults, ect. That was quite the ticket and they fully incriminated themselves in the TK with the chat as well as broke numerous EULA chat rules. I am certain they got some pretty good Ban time after that battle lol since even if the TK matter did not warrant a ban their chat certainly did.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,050 battles

Enter -> Shift -> All -> typing

Spray the crapand salt in All chat till you get temp chat banned, as per tradition.

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Make a Discord, that is what I did. Play, rage, complain, forget, repeat. Try not to dwell on things more than once. If you do, take a break.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Just take a break and stop playing

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,026 posts

Here's a thought:

If the game fills you with rage perhaps you may consider other ways to spend your time.

I've heard that water colors can be therapeutic.

[DPG]
Members
824 posts
4,231 battles
31 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Punching the walls because of a TK and loosing a video game?

aelcome-to-anger-management-n-me-hulk-me-court-ordered-here-13575056.png

hyperbole.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,961 posts
8,109 battles
3 hours ago, Amenhir said:

After making the ticket, I'd take a walk.

Anger like this seems to result from expecting things to go well, and when they don't, you simply can't stand it. Quickest way to deal with it is do something that cannot fail. I usually take a walk or read a book or play something else if really ticked off.

2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Make a Discord, that is what I did. Play, rage, complain, forget, repeat. Try not to dwell on things more than once. If you do, take a break.

If you're in a clan, this is probably one of the best ways to chill out. Misery loves company, and clanmates do tend to care about helping one of their angry buds calm down. NG-NL is pretty chill, but we do hit the edge sometimes and want to rage at the filthy potatoes.

My preferred way of dealing with rage is to mocking potatoes. Laugh at the BB that keeps running away from something 100x smaller than him. Laugh at the DD afraid to cap because of the spiders in it! Laugh at the CV when he gets too close and complains about not being rescued! Next time, I'll probably mock the campfest team for camping so long the giant squid is preparing to mate with them!

Take it from me, It's more relaxing to point at the screen and giggle at someone screwing up. Makes your head happier compared to raging.

[YORHA]
Members
3,260 posts
3 hours ago, gcangel82 said:

Actually yes you can...  While he probably already got a penalty for it automatically, it is considered unsporting behavior the way he did as you are describing it, and that is reportable.

Well.. you can send it in, but you won't accomplish anything.  From the "support" site...

"It is unfortunate when we play with teammates that do not contribute to team battles.

Friendly fire, team damage and team killing is automatically taken care of by the friendly fire automated system which assigns sanctions as needed.

The automated system tracks every instance of friendly fire and team killing, and hands out sanctions accordingly. These sanctions given out on an escalating scale. If the offending behavior continues, the player will receive a permanent game ban.

For these reasons we ask that if you encounter a player who is violating the rules, that you do not take things into your own hands or report them.

The automated system will sanction repeat offenders of friendly fire just as readily as it does for team killing.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles

Embrace your anger. Unleash the hate.

image.jpeg.1f1105706b505a7045ee6b90d40775ae.jpeg

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles

Have your attorneys send a cease and desist letter to the douchnozzle.  Address as follows:

To: [douchenozzle]

c/o WG NA, etc. 

Use delivery confirmation.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
424 posts
18,330 battles

it sounds like you need some female attention. I find that when this game pisses me off that I suddenly decide to spend some quality time with my wife before I play another round. So basically I torpedo her until I sink her Battleship and then come back and it's like nothing ever happened. Play on!  It works!  :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1