You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Got Cats now...

51 comments in this topic

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles

How about a special German Commander? (Not hating on cats BTW)

Animals___Dogs_German_Shepherd_Dog_running_in_water_084108_.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles

Ok, so, show me a naval related anime, TV show or movie where a dog prominently features, that WG could benefit from having a collab with.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Even though the Brits already have Jack, how about giving them Judy as well? Captain perk being aircraft are spotted 1km further out.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

Ok, so, show me a naval related anime, TV show or movie where a dog prominently features, that WG could benefit from having a collab with.

Well... not naval, but it is a German Shepherd, there's a boat and the show was a Canadian fixture for decades.  Let's do it! :Smile_trollface:

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,544 posts
6,689 battles
22 minutes ago, Lert said:

They shouldn't only need tie in/collabs to add fun content (well we know they don't)/

Still, also another missed opportunity to use a collab to extend player awareness of history (in this case animals and warships).

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles
2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

They shouldn't only need tie in/collabs to add fun content (well we know they don't)

All the cited examples so far did.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
800 posts
2,964 battles
27 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee0s-l1600.jpg

Oh, yes of course Baron Katze Von Meowstein. A true legend.

[POP]
Members
1,156 posts
14,809 battles
36 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee0s-l1600.jpg

where do you find these pics :Smile_medal: plus 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,544 posts
6,689 battles
Just now, tm63au said:

where do you find these pics :Smile_medal: plus 1

searching for cat pics is my number 1 activity, semi-professional.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,868 posts
4,001 battles
15 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Well... not naval, but it is a German Shepherd, there's a boat and the show was a Canadian fixture for decades.  Let's do it! 

Special captain for HMCS Haida when she appears! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,759 posts
4,544 battles

We need a Dachshund for anything German.

They just fly and swim like little torpedoes...mine are basically torp's in the water.

(They even circle back and hit the launching vehicle sometimes!)

torp.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,006 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Special captain for HMCS Haida when she appears! :Smile_teethhappy:

A beaver woud be nice

[ICOP]
Members
813 posts
3,175 battles
9 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

A beaver woud be nice

Red Green! or Ralph Raccoon

[POP]
Members
842 posts
9,511 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

We need a Dachshund for anything German.

They just fly and swim like little torpedoes...mine are basically torp's in the water.

(They even circle back and hit the launching vehicle sometimes!)

torp.jpg

Lol

I'd love to see a video!

[TBOW]
Members
1,192 posts
10,473 battles

We need the Looney Toons!!!  Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Taz, Lola Bunny!!! (Can't forget the ladies!!!)  Come on WG do a Looney Toons Collab!!!!!!!!

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
18 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

We need the Looney Toons!!!  Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Taz, Lola Bunny!!! (Can't forget the ladies!!!)  Come on WG do a Looney Toons Collab!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see bunch of Looney Toons forum avatars...  Anime fans would finally have some worthy competition!

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

I don't really care- it's just a good excuse to post a German Shepherd crashing thru the water like a German battleship.

I'd put mine up there but he can't stand the water, he just barks at the waves on the shore.

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles
2 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I don't really care- it's just a good excuse to post a German Shepherd crashing thru the water like a German battleship.

It is an epic pic, can't deny.

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

It is an epic pic, can't deny.

When they introduced the German BBs didn't they have similar artwork with wolves? There is so much I can't remember any more and am too lazy to look.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles
2 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

When they introduced the German BBs didn't they have similar artwork with wolves

Eagles.

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

I vote for this one after all she was the Captain for 24 days. Big news this was in Hawaii, until the rescue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1954326.stm

Tanker terrier rescued off Hawaii
_1942951_hawaii_johnston300.gif
The US Coast Guard says it has captured a dog which has been stranded for over three weeks on an drifting tanker.

The two-year-old white terrier [edited] called Forgea had been left on the Indonesian refuelling tanker, Insiko 1907, when its crew abandoned ship.

Forgea (circled) on the abandoned tanker Insiko
The crew dropped their packed lunches onto the boat to feed Forgea

A tugboat came alongside the Insiko 1907 on Friday, and caught Forgea, putting her inside a portable kennel.

"The dog was on the deck and they grabbed it," said Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Tyler Johnson.

He said the dog would be moved to the tugboat after the salvage crew had completed work on board the tanker.

Rescuers also plan to retrieve the body of the crew member, and to prevent the ship - which still has 50,000 gallons of diesel fuel on board - from damaging a nearby wildlife refuge.

The ship is currently drifting about 160 kilometres (100 miles) off Johnson Atoll.

Captain's error

The Insiko 1907 was crippled by an engine room fire on 13 March, and left without any means of communication.

Forgea was left alone on the ship on 2 April, when 11 crew members were rescued by a passing Norwegian cruise ship.

The dog was left behind by mistake. Her owner, the tanker's Taiwanese Captain Chung Chin Po, thought she was not allowed on the Norwegian cruise ship.

So far the animal rescue has cost over $50,000.

When she is taken to Hawaii, she will be placed in quarantine on Kauai Island for up to four months.

The Hawaii Humane Society has had a number of offers from families eager to adopt Forgea.

But friends of Captain Chung in Hawaii say they will take care of the dog, if he is unable to take his pet back to Taiwan.

However, the story is unlikely to end so happily for the Insiko 1907.

The Coast Guard plans to tow her out of range of land and sink her in three miles of water, a depth at which any oil should dissipate before reaching the surface.

Lost and found

Television footage, shot from the air, had shown Forgea scampering over the bridge of the crippled vessel.

It is these pictures that tugged at the heartstrings of animal lovers nationwide.

Almost immediately, the Hawaiian Humane Society mounted a rescue operation, but the tanker could not be found.

It was feared Forgea had gone down with the ship.

But last weekend, it was rediscovered by a US coastguard plane. The crew dropped their packed lunches - pizza and oranges - onto the deck to keep the dog going.

It is believed that she had been living on rainwater and rats until then.

On Monday, fishing crews boarded the Insiko, but Forgea, shy and frightened, disappeared below decks and refused to come out, and was not rescued that day as reported earlier.

nothing.gif
Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1