Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

premium cruisers

19 comments in this topic

Members
207 posts
4,253 battles

Are there any current premium cruisers that are worth buying.?The only ones I currently have are the Cleveland and the Duca d'Aosta. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,703 posts
3,886 battles

De Grasse is pretty solid at T6.  Perth is okay, but a bit of an odd duck platypus with the smoke and use of the spotter.  And the Perth doesn't have a tech tree so it's not a good captain trainer.  The Graf Spee is a 'love it or hate it' ship.  Odd play style as it's not quite a cruiser and not quite a BB.  The Molotov Cocktail is a squishy T5 ship that gets great guns and bumped into T6.  And you're an easy kill when matched against T8 ships.  But those guns are fun when you connect with them.  Don't have the Atago, but from what I've heard you really need a 15 point captain to make it work.  And at T8 you're just going to be food for all the T10's you'll get matched with.  

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,308 battles

Of the current crop for sale, I';d say DeGrasse would be my choice.I also like Atago from way back but it is harder to do well due to power creep around it.

Edited by alexf24

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
579 posts
4,554 battles

DeGrasse Currently and as its T6 it gets a little more favourable ships to play against.

Atago if you like IJN cruiser gameplay.

The Perth is excellent (if you have the rare smoke module), but its limited to itself at the moment, as there is no tech tree. The other two are great to use as captain retraining vessels.

Id also say the Graf Spee. Plays very different from a normal cruiser but its a great vessel.

[4HIM]
Members
1,703 posts
3,886 battles
6 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Id also say the Graf Spee. Plays very different from a normal cruiser but its a great vessel.

Yes.  And given the OP only has the Beaver and Duca d'Aosta right now, the Degrasse will likely be a much more natural 'fit' in play style.  Given the limited use to train a captain, I'd recommend the Degrasse.  The Graf Spee plays in a unique way and it tends to use a different captain spec than a typical cruiser.  

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
648 posts
12,062 battles

And you looking for T8 then nope. Golden old star Atago.

After Michail Kutuzov nothing worth. 

We have like bilion T7-T9 Premiums BBs DDs and Atago is alone. /I dont count Princ Eugen since is same clone of tech tree ship/.

Edited by Gandariel

[KEGEL]
Members
101 posts
5,104 battles
10 minutes ago, Gandariel said:

And you looking for T8 then nope. Golden old star Atago.

We have like bilion T7-T9 Premiums BBs DDs and Atago is alone. /I dont count Princ Eugen since is same clone of tech tree ship/.

The Prince Eugen should definitely be counted as the up coming buffs to her & the Hipper mean they'll become distinctly different ships.

Prince gets a heal & Hipper gets a couple buffs including reduced reload on her main battery guns.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

Yea, there are lots of good ones, kind depends on what you want out of a premium cruiser. What tier? Credit maker, captain trainer, or just a fun unique ship to play?

[-GPS-]
Members
2,523 posts
24,625 battles

The De Grasse adds nothing compared to the Duca d’aosta. 

Prinz Eugen with a heal will be interesting. 

Atago is a good ship but her range is really limited. Kind of a dinosaur and not in the good way like Kutuzov & co.  

Oh I forgot Yubari. Her hull might as well be made out of balsa wood and tinfoil, but her guns are startlingly accurate. Plus Defensive AA module at Tier 4 makes baby CV players cry. 

Perth with the special extended smoke upgrade can be potent in the right hands. However, she really is an odd duck/platypus. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,798 posts
2 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Are there any current premium cruisers that are worth buying.?The only ones I currently have are the Cleveland and the Duca d'Aosta. 

Graf Spee

Prinz Eugen has a buff coming up that should make it quite good.

• Cool 1

Members
126 posts
303 battles

Too late I realized the OP is referring to ships currently for sale. Apologies.

I highly recommend Graf Spee for much the same reason I immediately thought of Atlanta, although they are very dissimilar — She is enjoyable, challenging, and brings a different perspective to the cruiser game.

——————

I have always found Atlanta to be a lot of fun. Not the easiest ship to play, admittedly, but she brings a different flavor to the game. I’ve also found her to be an excellent trainer for all of my American captains, except CV, of course. If you enjoy a challenge and want to explore the cruiser game from a slightly different perspective, then Atlanta might be a good choice. In the hands of skilled players, she can generate healthy amounts of credits and XP, and make people rage quit. She has radar at tier 7, unforgiving armor, weak torpedoes, and unlimited use Def Fire. And she’s made of guns, as The Mighty Jingles might say.

So, if any of that sounds appealing, you might explore the ship further through CC reviews and the Wiki before making a decision. There are plenty of people who don’t like it one little bit, after all.

Edited by kagero__
Spee

Members
728 posts
3,801 battles
6 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Graf Spee

Prinz Eugen has a buff coming up that should make it quite good.

I have both of these, plus, well, most all of the premium cruisers.

Pretty much the tier 8 cruisers in the premium shop are decent at the very least.

~Beorn

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles

Graf Spee has been mentioned.  I got it.  I either do good with it or go full tater. It is at the top of the win list in her tier. It will delete cruisers quick and has good torps.  If Scharnhorst is offered again GET IT.  I am very average player but I am above average in her.  Great ship.

Does the ship make the man or does the man make the ship? Much to ponder there. 

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,064 battles

Have all of them...

If you are planning on going up another line, pick the ship that helps you with Captain Training - Molotov, DeGrasse, or Atago are all solid (though tier 8 matchmaking can be tough)

If you want a ship for pure fun, Perth - the crawl smoke is the bomb, and when you pair with smoke mode upgrade - really can be a force.

Edited by Panzer1113

[WOLF2]
Members
262 posts
4,291 battles
4 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

The only ones I currently have are the Cleveland and the Duca d'Aosta.

I love the Cleveland, however, I think you mean Atlanta but whatever. The only premium I've played that is currently for sale is the Graff Spee. I like it because I can feasibly train my BB and CA captains without missing out on a particular skill. It's a bit of a hybrid with it's big guns and torpedoes which could also make it an ok DD captain trainer. Kind of a mini-Tirpitz. Slow reload so don't get into any brawling matches unless you know you are gonna nail your target with those torps.  Best used at med-long range using AP to nail broadside cruisers.  It's good at this because of the shallow arch of it's shells.  

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,432 battles

They all have good points and bad points.  Depends on your play style, but I would say DeGrasse would fit you well.  Atago Plays like a Heavy Destroyer more than cruiser, it is good at killing DDs, and 10km torps you can dump without being seen if you do a full concealment build makes her interesting and fun.  But like most cruisers no showing broadsides.

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
4 hours ago, Gandariel said:

Yep.  Ironic, there were so many people in the past arguing about the whole Kutuzov vs Atago thing, with most people saying Atago is the king and Kutuzov is just an inferior support ship.  Things are different now. :cap_haloween:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
31 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Yep.  Ironic, there were so many people in the past arguing about the whole Kutuzov vs Atago thing, with most people saying Atago is the king and Kutuzov is just an inferior support ship.  Things are different now. :cap_haloween:

Of course, you can't buy Kutuzov anymore for love nor money.  Same for Belfast.  However, maybe you can get them from Santa Boxes next Xmas.  They were available this past Xmas that way, along with Gremy and Nikolai.

Beta Testers
166 posts
5,751 battles

De Grasse is a good choice. A solid overall cruiser. Graf Spee is fun but a hard ship to make work well. IMO it is the ship I have to work hardest in to get damage in and add value to the team.

Sign in to follow this