Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

How many T10s is enough for you?

36 comments in this topic

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

I ended with eight of those, but I did not really want to get that many to begin with.  Few of those were sort of forced on me (WG jump started them with free tech tree ships, plus gave unique captains as additional incentive, and that Paris space skin was just a nail in the coffin).  So it’s eight of those for me, and I don’t see myself grinding any more...  Are you planning to (or already did) get all of them?  Was there a number you reached where you realized you don’t need any more?  Is this just for collecting purposes, or you are actually planning to rotate through all of them when you play?

• Angry 1

[KRK]
Beta Testers
36 posts
6,645 battles

at this point i have 11 T10 ships unlocked and purchased in my port. I think right now im trying to unlock and purchase  all of the ships and will hopefully finish off most of them in the next month as i currently have all but 3 tech lines unlocked into the T9 range and those 3 are deeply into their T8 vessels. biggest hurdle comes in the credits as i don't tend to sell any of the 170 ships i currently have in my port. 

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Find a boat you want, WG changes it.

I wanted Shima, it was the absolute best ship pre-post beta, it got ruined when the game was released. Most good boats run into that, we buy them, or pay in some way. WG nerfs the [edited] out of them, we move on and grind the next great line.

It's what they do....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,675 posts
10,010 battles

Well, I've played 13 T10 ships, though I've sold Shimakaze to play Yugumo instead.

I'll probably get Yueyang for completeness and I'm slowly grinding for Zao and Yamato.

Overall line releases aren't keeping up with my playing and I am 'running out' of lines.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
49 posts
3,560 battles

I don't know how you people do it. I mostly always play the same few ships.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
8 minutes ago, mofton said:

Overall line releases aren't keeping up with my playing and I am 'running out' of lines.

I'm right there with you, mofton.  Not counting the CV lines, I have 4 more lines left to grind up to tier 10.  And I'm at tier 9 on 3 of them (Neptune, Chung Mu, and Saint Louis) and tier 8 on the French BB line (Richelieu).  I have no real desire to grind the CV lines at this point.

And after picking up my next tier 10, I'll probably start grinding my premium ships pretty hard because my credit balance has taken a pretty hard hit from buying all these new tier 8's, 9's, and 10's.

Honestly, I kind of enjoy the grind because it's a goal to work towards.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles

All of them. Mission accomplished too. :cap_haloween:

I am mostly a collector but there are quite a few I play on a regular basis and a handful that I have less than 30 battles in and have owned for over a year. Own both T10 CVs and have never played them outside of COOP as I do not want to hurt my team and embarrass myself or my clan lol. 

[VVV]
Beta Testers
799 posts
5,155 battles

I really only play and use one T10, But I always had a goal of owning all 4 T10 American ships. Then I wanted all the T10 BB's. After that I fell in love with how the British play, both Battleship and Cruiser. So now I'm just waiting on British DD's, and CV's, so I can finish that nation. I don't know it's fun to see what each T10 can do. They all play different if you ask me, At least BB's. So I'd say I got them all because of playstyle. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

I dislike T10 action so, however many I have is enough.  I never play the ones I do have.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles

I wanted all the T10 BB's and I have them and play them all the time. I wanted Minotaur and finally got it. I am at T9 in US, T8 in French/Russian/German, and T7 in Japanese Cruisers but will eventually get the T10's in all (including the upcoming US Light Cruisers after the split - eventually). Won't play them as much as I do BB's but will play them fairly often.

Any new lines released with BB's for sure and Cruisers most likely will be taken to T10 as well. I don't DD or CV so no joy there.

[SYN]
Members
14,373 posts
10,239 battles

I'm stalled at Lion and Saint Louis right now, but I have most of the other T10s

[HINON]
Supertester
18,943 posts
12,460 battles

With the exception of Yamato, the T10s that I have are a consequence of me playing this game, not a goal I chased.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

When i started the game I was planning to have all IJN T10 because I'm a weed. I first started with the cruiser line, then DD and I saw all the crappy nerf they did to Shima which made me pause this line for a moment. I then decided to focus on CV and BB . CV rewards are crap and the skill required demand too much effort for crapreward which made me leave the line. BB were fun but it's not really my favourite gameplay.

Then I started playing other line just to know some things about them. French CA was the line that really made me want a T10 ship so at the time I grinded both Saint louis and Ibuki . Now my first T10 was Henri then a some day later Zao came in my port.

Now my plan is to unlock République because her gameplay is actually amusing and the ship performance is really really good, Moksva for CB in case we need radar cruiser, Yamato because I'm a weeb, Shimakaze when they will buff her and maybe Khaba because I have Tashkent already 

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,323 battles

I have all of them with the exception of Republique (not interested), and Yamato (hated it - sold it), and CVs (don't own any at any tier).

I like Z-52 and Yue Yang the best, then Hindy, Zao, DM, then Gearing, Shima, Khab, Groz, GK, Conqueror, Montana in that order, and play them accordingly. Moskva and Henri I do not care much for, so seldom play them.

Shima I play little these days due to the unwarranted nerfs it got (all of them except the loss of 20km torps which I disliked anyway, so that's ok). Will definitely get back to my love affair with it (I am a DD main after all),  on the upcoming buff (sorely  needed).

As Lert, they were not a goal (except Shima, my first at the time), so I got to them just by normal playing/grinding.

Edited by alexf24

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,284 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

...the T10s that I have are a consequence of me playing this game, not a goal I chased.

This is my position, as well.  I want to play all of the ships, which means grinding up the lines all the way to tier 10.  I keep a few of them along the way, but typically I sell them when I buy the next ship up the line.

I don't have premium time, so my only tier 10's are Yamato, Shimakaze and Zao.  Because I don't have premium time I am silver broke (T8+ buying and upgrading is EXPENSIVE!), but when I earn enough I will buy the Des Moines and Khabarovsk I have researched.  I am also getting close to Hindenburg and Gearing.

However, I really don't play the tier 10's I have that much.  I have some tech tree favorites and premiums I enjoy playing, and I play those lines I am still grinding.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
4 hours ago, atPrick__ said:

Find a boat you want, WG changes it.

I wanted Shima, it was the absolute best ship pre-post beta, it got ruined when the game was released. Most good boats run into that, we buy them, or pay in some way. WG nerfs the [edited] out of them, we move on and grind the next great line.

It's what they do....

Lots and lots of people paid to get to Khaba, and I'm certain when Shima was the SHIMA there were quite a few free XP used to get to her as well a couple years back. 

Usually as soon as I hit a ship that is regarded as strong or borderline op it gets nerfed or changed in a very real way. It happened to both the Kiev and Khaba for me just off the top of my head. Have Gremmy but never played her while owsf was a thing.... that kinda stuff. 

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

The real answer for me, the ones that fit my playstyle.

So far, that just means Yamato, Montana, Gearing, Zao, Hindenberg, Yueyang, and Shimakaze. Now, I enjoy other lines, but I don't see the goal being to reach tier 10. Best example of that is the French BB and CA line, where I really want only the Alsace and for the CA route, possibly stopping at Algerie but I might go up to tier 10.

So, that's 2 BB's, 2 CA's, and 3 DD's.

[SIM]
Members
2,438 posts
4,076 battles

Zero. There are no Tier Xs in the Premium Fleet.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
7 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I ended with eight of those, but I did not really want to get that many to begin with.  Few of those were sort of forced on me (WG jump started them with free tech tree ships, plus gave unique captains as additional incentive, and that Paris space skin was just a nail in the coffin).  So it’s eight of those for me, and I don’t see myself grinding any more...  Are you planning to (or already did) get all of them?  Was there a number you reached where you realized you don’t need any more?  Is this just for collecting purposes, or you are actually planning to rotate through all of them when you play?

They're best ships, so eventually I'd like them all even if I"m not that interested. It offers options and since they all play differently. My T10s in the order I got them are:

1. GK
  2. Shimakaze
  3.  Z52
  4. Conqueror
  5. Yueyang
  6. Gearing
  7. Republique
  8. Des Moines

This is over a year of playing virtually every day with premium and flags. I'm more interested in getting more 19 point captains. I have several ships that are close but not quite like an 18 in my Akizuki and an 18 in my Des Moines.

I'm working up the RN Cruiser line right now since I view the Space Battles as a way to try ships I don't have and I really liked the Norma (Minotaur) and Aurora (Moskva) so they'll probably be next.

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,496 battles

Right now I have 10 T10 ships.  Some I've free XP'd because I wanted them, some I ground for, and some WG gave me a head start on the line.  At this point, I have all the ships in the game I want, and whatever I "grind" is a result of divisioning with friends and playing whatever tier they are.  Currently I'm on the Mogami and the Z46, and I haven't actually tried to grind either line.  I find myself playing the same 4-5 ships most of the time, and end up just rotating through them.  I got a few of my T10's specifically for CB so I can swing to whatever ship I need to, but I ended up just playing either the Montana or the Hindenburg all season :Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,798 posts
7 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I've got 3 of them, and barely play them as it is.  Tier 10 gameplay is still lacking.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I only have a pair of t10 ships, and so far, I have found their t9 and t8 predecessors to be more enjoyable, despite largely ending up in the same MM. So I'm not really chasing any t10.

Edited by cometguy

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
3 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I only have a pair of t10 ships, and so far, I have found their t9 and t8 predecessors to be more enjoyable, despite largely ending up in the same MM. So I'm not really chasing any t10.

Funny thing is, I do find the two T9 premium BBs more enjoyable than T10s pretty much 9 out of 10 games...  I am currently trying to adjust to Republique play style, as it is definately offering something new.  I sort of have love/hate relationship with the ship, that I am trying to improve.  

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,475 battles

What ever lines Iam playing, I go all the way. Currently have Montana - Kurfurst and Hindenberg. Im not a grinder per say :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this