You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

clan wars new idea(supremacy)

21 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

ok where the season coming to  closed.

The Supremacy league 9v9 with 3 BB and 1 CV at tier 10 is a great idea to bring to clan wars! I Do hope wargaming could push for bigger battles then the current 7v7 and 1 BB select up. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,429 posts
25,290 battles

No this is really stupid. Really, really stupid. First, lots of clans often dont have enough ppl available and second, there arent enough good CV drivers to go around in a match system where the quality of the CV determines everything.

No CVs in CW. Its the one place free of those parasites. Lets keep it that way.

• Bad 2

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

You can always balance CVs with player controlled forts on the islands :Smile_hiding:

Members
813 posts
8,524 battles

You're not the first one to have suggested 9v9 CBs. People with far greater credibility and gravitas have previously argued for 9v9 CBs and have gone nowhere.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
14 hours ago, CarefreeTongue said:
15 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

You can always balance CVs with player controlled forts on the islands :Smile_hiding:

You're not the first one to have suggested 9v9 CBs. People with far greater credibility and gravitas have previously argued for 9v9 CBs and have gone nowhere.

i know i love to see this get pitch.

Also forts are great idea to bring in.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
21 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

ok where the season coming to  closed.

The Supremacy league 9v9 with 3 BB and 1 CV at tier 10 is a great idea to bring to clan wars! I Do hope wargaming could push for bigger battles then the current 7v7 and 1 BB select up. 

3 BBs seems like a lot if a CV is in play, and as others have said, not everyone has a CV, making matchmaking hard and long. 

I do think T7 is a better tier for CW, fewer gimmicks and insta-deletions. 

20 hours ago, Taichunger said:

No CVs in CW. Its the one place free of those parasites. Lets keep it that way.

“Parasites,” no more than Belfast and Kutuzov at tiers 7 and 8 respectively, and unlike those ships, they are very hard to play to any great effect. CVs are also the class most crapped on by WG, even cruisers can’t even begin to approach the levels of crap they have taken (AA power creep is easily the most powerful power creep). CVs would also be a good addition to CW assuming mirror MM with only clans with CVs going against CVs. They can spot, and unlike DDs, they can be denied spotting by the enemy CV. Yes, you can chase a DD away, but that will likely be followed by fire coming in from CAs. The lack of CVs also makes everyone take hydro, and DDs are neutralized, with CVs, some will take DAAF and the net effect to DDs balanced. 

[BOATC]
Members
297 posts
7,127 battles

I'm gonna say no please to 9v9. It's a nice format, but my clan can barely convince 7 people to be online at the same time.

[INTEL]
Members
8,429 posts
25,290 battles
15 hours ago, GabeTheDespot said:

“Parasites,” no more than Belfast and Kutuzov at tiers 7 and 8 respectively, and unlike those ships, they are very hard to play to any great effect. CVs are also the class most crapped on by WG, even cruisers can’t even begin to approach the levels of crap they have taken (AA power creep is easily the most powerful power creep). CVs would also be a good addition to CW assuming mirror MM with only clans with CVs going against CVs. They can spot, and unlike DDs, they can be denied spotting by the enemy CV. Yes, you can chase a DD away, but that will likely be followed by fire coming in from CAs. The lack of CVs also makes everyone take hydro, and DDs are neutralized, with CVs, some will take DAAF and the net effect to DDs balanced. 

There aren't enough good CV players to go round so many clans. This means that "Supremacy" will actually be CV Supremacy and actually mean only a handful of CVs will be worth anything. Who will want to play under those conditions?

Many clans can't find enough players on Clan Wars nights. 7v7 is already a problem. 9v9? More so. 

As for being the "most crapped on" anything that reduces the presence of CVs is a good thing. WG banned them from clan wars for good reasons. Those reasons hold whether 7v7 or 9v9. 

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

There aren't enough good CV players to go round so many clans. This means that "Supremacy" will actually be CV Supremacy and actually mean only a handful of CVs will be worth anything. Who will want to play under those conditions?

Many clans can't find enough players on Clan Wars nights. 7v7 is already a problem. 9v9? More so. 

As for being the "most crapped on" anything that reduces the presence of CVs is a good thing. WG banned them from clan wars for good reasons. Those reasons hold whether 7v7 or 9v9. 

1) Fair enough

2) Too true

3) Their are CV mains you know, and I’m sure that banning an entire class has more to do with WG’s inability to balance it than the cancerous nature of aircraft. WG banned them because of players whining and it’s own lack of competence. Especially at raising the population of good CV drivers, with a glitchy UI and no tutorials. Besides, replace “CV” with “Belfast,” “Kutuzov (sort of),” or “Flint” to name a few and get an equally legitimate argument for why it should be limited from ranked.

Members
2,092 posts
8,086 battles
1 hour ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

but it could be better with 9 and more BB and a carrier.

No. For starters, a lot of clans already have enough issues with a 7v7 format, not to mention that having a good CV vs a bad one is a more or less an automatic win especially in smaller battle sizes. That one class already has too much impact on the outcome of a match in 12v12 randoms as it is, and very few clans have CV players, let alone good ones. Unlessyou plan on letting one team have a CV and another not, which that right there is basically an automatic loss especially with a good CV, the queue times are going to spike exponentially. That idea is not going to work. It may work for SL and KotS, but not for CBs, because unlike the tournament format, ALL clans are participating in it, not just ones that are planning ahead weeks or months for that one event. It wont work for CB, period. 

Edited by Destroyer_ShimakazeChan

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
1,616 posts
5,378 battles

If there aren't enough CV players to go around, that might mean you have to actually learn how to play them.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
45 minutes ago, Anumati said:

If there aren't enough CV players to go around, that might mean you have to actually learn how to play them.

+1 for the blunt lol.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, Destroyer_ShimakazeChan said:

No. For starters, a lot of clans already have enough issues with a 7v7 format, not to mention that having a good CV vs a bad one is a more or less an automatic win especially in smaller battle sizes. That one class already has too much impact on the outcome of a match in 12v12 randoms as it is, and very few clans have CV players, let alone good ones. Unlessyou plan on letting one team have a CV and another not, which that right there is basically an automatic loss especially with a good CV, the queue times are going to spike exponentially. That idea is not going to work. It may work for SL and KotS, but not for CBs, because unlike the tournament format, ALL clans are participating in it, not just ones that are planning ahead weeks or months for that one event. It wont work for CB, period. 

never hurts to recruit players who know how to play cv and it never hurt to ask them like how to do improve my carrier play? Sure bad for small clans but for big clans it be great since we got people who love their carrier and now have a use for them again. Then again now we can add couple guys at bb and dont have to play a cruiser or DD now. I support a 3 BB option.

Members
2,092 posts
8,086 battles
15 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

never hurts to recruit players who know how to play cv and it never hurt to ask them like how to do improve my carrier play? Sure bad for small clans but for big clans it be great since we got people who love their carrier and now have a use for them again. Then again now we can add couple guys at bb and dont have to play a cruiser or DD now. I support a 3 BB option.

The small clans outnumber the big ones by a huge margin. There are a ton of people who will be hurt by this and only half that, if that much, will benefit. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

9 vs 9 would be ok if the clan battle format was 24 hours fri thru sun 4 weekends. The current format is too hard to assemble a group from so many time zones.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

9 vs 9 would be ok if the clan battle format was 24 hours fri thru sun 4 weekends. The current format is too hard to assemble a group from so many time zones.

current hours on weekend are impossible for some clans having a session in prime time afternoon on weekend could be great. Like 1-4pm est on weekend or 3pm-7pm est for weekends.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

current hours on weekend are impossible for some clans having a session in prime time afternoon on weekend could be great. Like 1-4pm est on weekend or 3pm-7pm est for weekends.

Screw "Primetime" 24 hours Friday saturday and sunday

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
57 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Screw "Primetime" 24 hours Friday saturday and sunday

i do support longer hours and i hate current format where we must wait to night to play clan battles.