You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CouchlockSupreme

So I FINALLY got the Akizuki....

5 comments in this topic

Members
173 posts
2,981 battles

Wondering whats the captain build for it? I wont give up IFHE, I dont care all that much about CE. I kind of want to AA spec it. My second game in it is attached lol. Right now Im running priority target, steering gears/rudder skill, DE, and IFHE. 

zuki.png

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,205 posts
6,433 battles

This is how I would build her (and am building her), starting with the Captain and some reasoning:

- Priority Target, this one is a no-brainer and you also seem to agree with me
- Last Stand, same reason as above
- Survivability Expert. Since Akizuki is a slow ship, you will be taking hits. Those extra 2800 hit Points can and will benefit you greatly
- IFHE, or else you won't pen anything
- CE, while you said you don't care about it, it'll help you to influence the match better and win more games, also to surprise enemy DDs and then using your disgusting dpm to slaugher them like seals
- BFT. Why not DE? Fires are RNG by nature, however what BFT gives you is a significantly improved dpm. Together with IFHE, which makes your Shells more consistent in Terms of penetrating your target this will most likely benefit your damage Output more. Also, let's not Forget the 20% increase in AA dpm.
- AR. What is better than ridiculous dpm? Even more dpm of course!

Module Wise:

- Main Battery Survival, though the Magazine Mod is also an Option. Pick and Choose.
- Propulsion Module, because even with Last Stand you don't want the engine knocked out as it'll make you go Battleship Speed.
- AA range, it's the only Option here and it also fits the idea of what you wanted
- This is a Close tie between Rudder Shift or Engine, both would make sense but I went with Rudder here
- Concealment, a no-brainer

What does this build result in? A ship that has enhanced firepower, AA and survivability, with a decent touch of Team Utility. If you want to Focus more on the AA rather than the Team Utility, then you can always drop CE for Manual AA (Manual AA has an Overall better benefit for you AA than AFT, however AFT brings the benefit of better gun range. But we are talking raw AA here).

• Cool 1

Members
173 posts
2,981 battles
5 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

This is how I would build her (and am building her), starting with the Captain and some reasoning:

- Priority Target, this one is a no-brainer and you also seem to agree with me
- Last Stand, same reason as above
- Survivability Expert. Since Akizuki is a slow ship, you will be taking hits. Those extra 2800 hit Points can and will benefit you greatly
- IFHE, or else you won't pen anything
- CE, while you said you don't care about it, it'll help you to influence the match better and win more games, also to surprise enemy DDs and then using your disgusting dpm to slaugher them like seals
- BFT. Why not DE? Fires are RNG by nature, however what BFT gives you is a significantly improved dpm. Together with IFHE, which makes your Shells more consistent in Terms of penetrating your target this will most likely benefit your damage Output more. Also, let's not Forget the 20% increase in AA dpm.
- AR. What is better than ridiculous dpm? Even more dpm of course!

Module Wise:

- Main Battery Survival, though the Magazine Mod is also an Option. Pick and Choose.
- Propulsion Module, because even with Last Stand you don't want the engine knocked out as it'll make you go Battleship Speed.
- AA range, it's the only Option here and it also fits the idea of what you wanted
- This is a Close tie between Rudder Shift or Engine, both would make sense but I went with Rudder here
- Concealment, a no-brainer

What does this build result in? A ship that has enhanced firepower, AA and survivability, with a decent touch of Team Utility. If you want to Focus more on the AA rather than the Team Utility, then you can always drop CE for Manual AA (Manual AA has an Overall better benefit for you AA than AFT, however AFT brings the benefit of better gun range. But we are talking raw AA here).

I was thinking about it last night before I went to sleep, and I think overall I want to go MFAA. I have the AA range module, and I think thats enough. I dont really want to be getting plane spotted from, what would it be, 7.2km? And at 14.5km the 100mms would have SO much drag and dispersion, I dont think it would really be helpful. The only DDs I would want to be firing past 12.5 anyway would be the LATE LATE Russian ones, with 900m/s+ guns. I disagree with BFT being a significant boost in dpm, although I may still go it solely for the 20% AA dps increase. I dont value .3 seconds in reload increase that much. Same thing on my US DDs, I run it it, and its not REALLY because of the reload buff. Though bringing them from 4 to 3.6 IS more valuable than bringing 3 to 2.7. Overall with MFAA, you end up with 241 dps as opposed to the ~180 you end up getting with BFT, which is only ~30 more than base. Im not opposed to subbing BFT for DE, though I will not do so until I have the points to end up with AA skills first. Id rather keep the extra flamethrower potential until I get another 3 points on my captain for MFAA.

What I really wish I had, is Yamamoto. Because a 1.5 second reload Akizuki seems absolutely vomit inducing to me.

Whats really scary is that the Akizuki actually has better base AA than the Gearing, without factoring in DFAA. But with MFAA, you end up with 99 more overall DPS than the Gearing. Buuuuuttttt.... You still dont get to break up drops, which is unfortunate.

Edited by CouchlockSupreme

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,228 battles

There are a few different things you can do with Akizuki.

1. Standard: IFHE+CE, DE+SI (General purpose build, good at backing up caps)
  2. Atypical: IFHE+AFT, SE+DE (sacrifices vision control for range and staying power)
  3. 3x4: IFHE+CE+RPF (division support build)
  4. Max AA: IFHE+MFCAA+AFT, BFT (division support build)
  5. I feel lucky: CE, BFT+SI+DE (If you're top tier, then IFHE isn't needed when shooting HE at T6/7 DDs)
  • Cool 1

Members
173 posts
2,981 battles

On a side note, was just playing the Zuki, and while I got chased down by 2 Moskvas and a Yugumo from different angles, this Minotaur got 7 kills and like 320k damage, while clutching 1v4. Also the reason why I dont value CE as much on a ship like the Akizuki that has more HP than a few T10 DDs and already sees radar even if top tier.

ew.png