You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Credit to XP ratio

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

This is a huge issue for me, especially at higher tiers. I can get 6-15k experience per game, but only 200-300k credits with the flag This means I grind a ship way before I have enough credits to buy it, so I have to sell the previous ship and play 20 or 30 battles on a premium ship just to be able to afford the ship and modules. This means I can only play one or two lines at a time. Does anyone else have this issue? 

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

No.  I never, ever had issues with credits.  But I keep hearing other people do, so I don't know exactly what the problem is.  I just spend some money on premium ships, premium account, and permanent camo for T10s.

[SIDE]
Members
1,204 posts
8,657 battles

I have this issue at times, but really it just makes me grind a few premiums for the silver and gives me something to look forward to. Dwelling on the little things, which I can deduce from your post-- gives anxiety, which gives stress. I don't let stuff like this bother me. Sure I want the ship when I research it, but if you know you are close, then plan accordingly with the silver also.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,390 battles

Tier 10s are rather pricy in the Credit means.

I recall after buying and outfitting the Montana..  I got the Anniversary camo for the New Orleans.  I couldn't afford to buy that back and outfit it.  Had to do it in pieces.  The Missouri+flags got a good work-out.

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,671 battles

Credits are a limiting factor when grinding up the line.

I'm grinding all lines at once, but I focus on 2 or 3.  I just finished the grind to Minotaur which depleted the bank.  I currently have a backlog of 4 ships to buy, but part of that is waiting for discounts.

I'm also grinding out another 19-point captain, so I can work on that while accumulating the credits needed for the next ship.

Don't forget to sell the stock modules you don't plan to use again.  I also sell Type 1 and Type 2 camouflage.

I do have premium time and premium ships.  I also know which ships net the best returns when I use them.

Right now, I am focusing on Space Battles as this is generating much Elite Commander XP and, since I am credit-positive on all Space Ships, accumulating credits.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
39 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

This is a huge issue for me, especially at higher tiers. I can get 6-15k experience per game, but only 200-300k credits with the flag This means I grind a ship way before I have enough credits to buy it, so I have to sell the previous ship and play 20 or 30 battles on a premium ship just to be able to afford the ship and modules. This means I can only play one or two lines at a time. Does anyone else have this issue? 

My understanding is that lack of premium account will hit you in the credit pocketbook at higher tiers.  (By design).  WG will only support the full free to play experience so far.  After a while you have to go back and grind those credits back, or have a Missouri, or have a premium account, or buy credits, one of those things, to keep up.

Edited by mavfin87

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,437 battles
46 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Hey Carbon - what you're experiencing is very common and the design of the currency model in WOWS.  At low tiers, XP is the gating progress factor - as you get up to grinding your T9/T10 ships, it becomes silver since a fully upgraded T10 is ~27M silver and a T9 can be even more when you factor in the upgrades as well as the module upgrades.  I also went up all the lines simultaneously and reached a point last year where 15 T10s were unlocking within about a 4 month timespan. It's tough to see the ship available for purchase, but you have to grind enough silver to get it.

The major factor you may be encountering is, the currency model is designed for the probability of decreasing net returns (even costing you silver if you aren't successful enough in a game).  Depending on whether you have a Standard or Premium account, what flags/cammos you may use and how skilled you are, this negative silver crossover point could start as early as T7 - many see it starting from T8-9.   Even if you manage to avoid negative earnings, the net earnings, if you don't have earnings boosters, premium or are fairly skilled, are paltry in the <50K range sometimes - which will take you forever to grind a T9 to T10.

The article below describes the currency model & what you can do to mitigate some of it's effects:

WOWS Enjoyment - Progressing Faster Currency Model

New players will find (depending on their skill threshold and whether they hold a Premium account) that the higher tier gameplay becomes "silver earnings negative".  This article explains the WOWS currency model and strategies of working around this so you can afford playing your Tier Xs.

In general, why WG does this is to encourage players to do purchases for Premium Time, Premium ships or cammos and flags to help w/ either the XP or Silver grind at high tiers - it's baked into their business model.

Edited by hangglide42
  • Cool 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

You know when you looked this game up, heard about it and did?

Well, that's the game, you grind. EXP is bait, Creds... Credits are the work. Welcome to the grind...

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

Don't know what you are talking about, have 100 million credits... after a year and a half of heavy grinding, going up lines, selling every ship as I went, always behind on credits, buying ships, but not having enough credits for the modules.  Exp grind was the easy part, having enough credits, that is the part where WOW get you to spend real $$$$.  Good luck Sometimes I felt like a hamster on a wheel, working hard not getting anywhere....

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

Mentioned before is selling old ships, unless you manually change it, you still have upgrades for ships in inventory.

Upper left hand menu box second from the bottom, check in there. You may have a few million credits worth of junk you never plan on using. Also you can sell back flags, camo, modules you arent going to use.

But it is very intentional that the credits diminish as you go higher tiers, this is part of the reason they scrapped the missouri, it was being "used" to fund ship progression, and they figured it was hurting the sale of silver in the store.

Members
567 posts
75 battles

Leveling tall is easier on credits at the higher tiers than leveling wide (going up multiple lines), which when you level wide you make a ton of credits in the early tiers but when you unlock all your tier 9s and 10s at once, you'll be like, "How did it come to this!?" 

Trick is to not spend credits on the countless upgrades that you won't get a positive return on your investment. BB engine upgrades are a perfect example. That one faster knot is not going to net you enough additional credits per match to offset the cost. Tons of other ships have other upgrades/modules not worth buying. 

Skip hulls too. Unlock B hulls with xp but wait till you unlock the C hull, then just buy the C hull. 

Don't waste money on premium consumables. Only use them in ranked or clan wars. 

And of course perform at unicum level to increase earnings. 

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
47 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

xp but wait till you unlock the C hull, then just buy the C hull.

Everything hipster said is sound advice.

Except in the case of US DDs, dont buy the c hull...lol

Technically going wide is the same amount of credits, but you end up getting in a jam around tier 6 for a while, because you are paying to buy it, but it might take a week to recover the money on game play. Robbing the profits of peter to pay paul.