You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cfedler

Credits, Really?

25 comments in this topic

[THORN]
[THORN]
Members
97 posts
5,726 battles

So This second round of Twitch Prime loot is pretty cool. You get the 15 twitch camo, a Twitch prime flag, a Texas, and missions to earn another Perma Camo for the Texas(i believe that's the 4th camo for this 1 ship). And all of that is nice. Except for 1 little Detail. I already have a Texas. But instead of The normal situation where If you get a copy of a ship you get the doubloon cost, i got 7,725,000 Credits. And when i already had 43 million credits there was no need to get even more. Please WG, don't do this too me. I paid money for my twitch prime and to be given credits instead of the Doubloons kinda sucks, especially when i was planning to use those doubloons to get space camos. If nothing can be done about this, then so be it. But please consider doing something WG
For anyone who doubts, here's a screenshot: https://gyazo.com/c7300c12e1661b42b36de9a3de30a719

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[THORN]
[THORN]
Members
97 posts
5,726 battles
3 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I'd way rather have 7 million credits than a texas, that's how broke I am. 

But with over 40 mill before this, i'd rather have the doubloons than the credits

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,844 battles

Free stuff is free stuff. Those credits are nice, but I'll far benefit from another port slot. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles
31 minutes ago, cfedler said:

So This second round of Twitch Prime loot is pretty cool. You get the 15 twitch camo, a Twitch prime flag, a Texas, and missions to earn another Perma Camo for the Texas(i believe that's the 4th camo for this 1 ship). And all of that is nice. Except for 1 little Detail. I already have a Texas. But instead of The normal situation where If you get a copy of a ship you get the doubloon cost, i got 7,725,000 Credits. And when i already had 43 million credits there was no need to get even more. Please WG, don't do this too me. I paid money for my twitch prime and to be given credits instead of the Doubloons kinda sucks, especially when i was planning to use those doubloons to get space camos. If nothing can be done about this, then so be it. But please consider doing something WG
For anyone who doubts, here's a screenshot: https://gyazo.com/c7300c12e1661b42b36de9a3de30a719

Why would WG care about you spending money on an Amazon affiliate? Pretty sure doubling premium ships is always rewarded in credits, unless it's a special case. LIKE WHEN YOU SPEND MONEY ON WG'S PRODUCTS.

• Boring 1

[THORN]
[THORN]
Members
97 posts
5,726 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

Why would WG care about you spending money on an Amazon affiliate? Pretty sure doubling premium ships is always rewarded in credits, unless it's a special case. LIKE WHEN YOU SPEND MONEY ON WG'S PRODUCTS.

I'm not afraid to say i'm wrong, but I can't think of a single other case where i either did or would've gotten credits for doubling up on premiums instead of doubloons. Every contest or giveaway i've seen or participated in has always had the disclaimer that if you already had the premium ship, you'd get the doubloon cost for it. If there's been times where this hasn't been the case, please let me know and i'll gladly concede the point

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
52 minutes ago, cfedler said:

Free stuff is free stuff.  Be glad you got that.

[TDG]
Members
1,134 posts
5,736 battles

If you had purchased Texas, you would have gotten doubloons for the duplicate ship.

When you get the duplicate ship through awards, you get credits.  The duplicates from the New Years missions all dropped credits.  Same for Aigle and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya.

• Cool 1

[THORN]
[THORN]
Members
97 posts
5,726 battles
1 minute ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

If you had purchased Texas, you would have gotten doubloons for the duplicate ship.

When you get the duplicate ship through awards, you get credits.  The duplicates from the New Years missions all dropped credits.  Same for Aigle and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya.

Alright. I figured the new years ships gave credits because they're Tech tree ships(if i'm remembering correctly) But i didn't realize that you also got credits for Aigle and the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya if you already had them. I mean, i don't mind free, but i thought getting credits for this Texas was a new thing just for twitch prime which is what annoyed me. But it's not, and I'm not annoyed any more. Thank you @YeOldeTraveller for helping clear this up :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[EREKT]
Members
787 posts
5,784 battles
13 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I got the Texas from a christmas crate, got the credits for the duplicate ship today....

[EREKT]
Members
787 posts
5,784 battles
15 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Free stuff is free stuff.  Be glad you got that.

Yeah, ok... nothing is free. Twitch is paying Wargaming for the publicity. Wargaming isn't sharing... This is why you're getting credits and not doubloons for the duplicate.

Cheapskates. But hey, they have massive amounts of overhead, it's amazing they're still in business

EJ

[TDG]
Members
1,134 posts
5,736 battles
3 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I got the Texas from a christmas crate, got the credits for the duplicate ship today....

Yep, I got Texas from a Refer-a-friend link.  I also got credits for the duplicate today.

Last year, I bought the bundle of US ships available near the Fourth of July.  That duplicate of the Texas generated doubloons.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,053 posts
9,331 battles

OP unless you are happy with less than a handful of T10s and do not plan to grind any more lines I would prefer to have the credits if I only had 40 mil. And again it is free :cap_like:

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

Not sure how getting over 7MM credits, a port slot, and flags for free turns into a complaint thread?  You'll burn through a huge chunk of 40MM credits buying one tier X and the upgrades for it, anyway.

[SIM]
Members
2,456 posts
4,093 battles

I have over 200 million credits and had absolutely no need for 7 million more, but I was grateful to get anything, personally.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
583 posts
4,592 battles

Credits are what WG do when you earn a ship that is given away.

For example if you bought the Aigle, or Vampire and then earned them in game via the missions, you received the vessel as credits in the end and not Dubloons.

In this instance I was grateful for the credits as I'm grinding to another T10, and the credits allowed me to buy and outfit the T9 of that line!

[THORN]
[THORN]
Members
97 posts
5,726 battles
9 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

Congrats OP, you're an overly entitled whiner. 

Did you even read the rest of the thread? My complaint was that i thought getting Credits was a new thing that happened specifically for this because WG as being cheap. But that assumption was wrong. I was wrong. And i already admitted that.

9 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

OP unless you are happy with less than a handful of T10s and do not plan to grind any more lines I would prefer to have the credits if I only had 40 mil. And again it is free :cap_like:

And My credit situation is fine thank you. i play this game for the ships i enjoy,, not to grind and grind until i get every T10 ship

Members
17,849 posts
5,099 battles
9 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

OP unless you are happy with less than a handful of T10s and do not plan to grind any more lines I would prefer to have the credits if I only had 40 mil.

I forget, will 40 mil even buy a pair of T10s?

Members
17,849 posts
5,099 battles
18 minutes ago, cfedler said:

i play this game for the ships i enjoy,, not to grind and grind until i get every T10 ship

Agreed. I enjoy my Hindenburg, but apparently all the T9/10 BBs handle like loaded dump trucks, so I'm not overly enthusiastic about getting any more. (already have FdG)

I have a feeling that Mino and HIV might be the only other T10s I get...

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,129 posts
18,640 battles

Why should they give you gold for something you get for free? 

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,488 battles
10 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Yeah, ok... nothing is free. Twitch is paying Wargaming for the publicity. Wargaming isn't sharing... This is why you're getting credits and not doubloons for the duplicate.

Cheapskates. But hey, they have massive amounts of overhead, it's amazing they're still in business

EJ

I think WG is trying to keep Doubloon interest rate low :Smile_teethhappy:

[THORN]
[THORN]
Members
97 posts
5,726 battles
11 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Why should they give you gold for something you get for free? 

I already explained my (admittedly flawed) reasoning behind my thinking and already said i was wrong. Please, read the entire thread before posting

Members
1,000 posts
5,749 battles
11 hours ago, cfedler said:

I paid money for my twitch prime...

...and you still have your twitch prime, without having had to pay extra.