You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
APA_204

French BB's thoughts?

12 comments in this topic

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

Been away for a couple of months and playing sparingly...I'm on the tier 8 and am struggling to find any sort of identity with these ships. Is there something I am missing, like a specific spec I should use or is this line basically filler content to give us something else to do., Not knocking it, I just don't get this line at all.

[TBOW]
Members
182 posts
1,555 battles

french BBs once past the bretegne (including her) dont like to die. at all. they take massive amounts of damage

[FKIT]
Members
377 posts
8,228 battles

Super fast, lots of guns, and ridiculous secondaries. I like them because of the speed, but if you're looking for some kind of gimmick... they don't really have one, no.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts

I stopped at 7 and went back to the Tier 6. I like it.   It’s similar to Gulio Ceasare in play style.

• Cool 1

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

Love the Lyon, my go-to ship at the moment (15 pt gift captain with enhanced gunnery expert and adrenaline); Richelieu I really wanted to like but finding a challenge, Alsace a total gem.

Alpha Tester
1,299 posts
9,262 battles
23 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Been away for a couple of months and playing sparingly...I'm on the tier 8 and am struggling to find any sort of identity with these ships. Is there something I am missing, like a specific spec I should use or is this line basically filler content to give us something else to do., Not knocking it, I just don't get this line at all.

Sling AP while u zoom round the map and your secondaries burn anything within 12km. If it's too hot turn and burn speed boost or back up (as much as I hate that) at 20 knots

Members
1,232 posts
20,582 battles

I think they're pretty awesome, actually.  I have the Alsace so far, and haven't really met any BB tier for tier that's vastly superior to them, or even better, really.  Normandie kicks [donkey], Lyon with it's 16 rifles can tear up any ship it sees, even when up tiered, Richelieu I got used to, and is a bow tanking moster, and Alsace plays kinda like a tier 9 Bismark.  If you want to, it's fast enough and maneuverable enough to get in and out of trouble in a hurry.  Way different than Musashi.   A lot of fun in all of them.

Edited by slokill_1

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,897 battles

They are a lot of fun from T6 onwards, not always the absolute best ship tier for tier, but always able to be strong contributors, offer a different experience for veteran B.B. players 

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Rice-hello is best camped in. Find an island overlooking the battle and squat beside it. Make sure to constantly rock back and forth to minimize exposure and avoid torps. At the end of matches you run down opponents and caps with your cruiser speed and surprisingly fantastic brawling ability. If you've ever been jousting in Iowa or Montana, it's that sort of brawl. Not the Warspite's toilet bowl of death.

Alsace is completely different, it pays almost like a Sharnhorst with very reliable armor and light fast guns for a battleship. But instead of torpedoes you have 10km Greek fire catapults.

[1IF]
Members
69 posts
2,553 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

I stopped at 7 and went back to the Tier 6. I like it.   It’s similar to Gulio Ceasare in play style.

I've really been enjoying the Normandie as well.  I'm doing far better with her than I've ever done in the Dunkerque.  I was planning on selling it off once the grind to Lyon was finished, but now, she'll have a permanent spot in my port.  Might even buy the perma-camo.  I agree with your comparison to Cesare.  Armor isn't the best, guns aren't the biggest, but they can take a pounding if angled correctly and can punch someone's lights out if they aren't careful! 

[TF16B]
Members
8,043 posts
16,978 battles

First run with Normandie in Killer Whale I racked up over 300 secondary hits.

Maybe I suck with it in Randoms, but love the heck out of Norma for PvE and Ops.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,657 posts
9,969 battles

Generally poor with occasional instances of high skill floor to trick people into thinking they're ok.

Ultimately unrewarding, a line dotted with absolute stinkers, poor initial concept and poor execution.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1