You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
felipa

DD's torpedos

24 comments in this topic

Members
74 posts
4,461 battles

In another page I was talking about the power of this torpedo's and the combination with other dd's clear reality that I have to face in this stupid game

Edited by felipa
not ending topic
  • Bad 1

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
15 minutes ago, felipa said:

In another page I was talking about the power of this torpedo's and the combination with other dd's clear reality that I have to face in this stupid game

Wait, you mean DDs can deal damage to stupid ship captains. Or am I hearing that wrong, hahahahahah lol. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
34 minutes ago, felipa said:

n another page I was talking about the power of this torpedo's and the combination with other dd's clear reality that I have to face in this stupid game

Someone doesn't know what hydro does yet, plus you realize the detection of those 20km torps right? Oh wait i know you don't.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
5 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Post Traumatic Shima Disorder 

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
8,085 posts
17,038 battles

I wonder if the OP hasn’t encountered many Okhotniks...

If someone thinks 15 torps spread out after 10-15k of travel is bad, wait until they’re something like the Nagato that suddenly saw me at 2k and ate all my Hot’s torps... :cap_haloween:

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles

Ive heard talks about Shima being given TRB sometime in the future and even aside from that Shima is also getting a concealment buff so yea :cap_tea:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

I think that anyone who has played long enough to actually see a Shima in a match should have learned to WASD. OP has over 4K matches; you'd think that lesson would have been learned by now.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,012 posts
7,684 battles

If you think this is bad then you've never what a 3-man Conqueror division can do to enemy battleships.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,836 battles

IF you get hit by Shimi torps, you're probably doing it wrong... I say that as a Shimi driver. 

• Cool 1

[AFW-]
Members
248 posts
9,746 battles
21 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I think that anyone who has played long enough to actually see a Shima in a match should have learned to WASD. OP has over 4K matches; you'd think that lesson would have been learned by now.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles
1 hour ago, felipa said:

Most DDs have barely 50% win rate, average. Yes if you get hit by trips it feels punishing. But that's just confirmation bias.

DDs originally could've even stealth fire guns. Yet their win rate is still average.

Game's pretty balanced, except for CVs those cancer tubers need to be removed.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Ah, the whole 3 man division deal.

Reminds me of the 3 Belfast div, and the 2 Atlanta/Flint div.

Everything is OP these days.

• Cool 1

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, Wulfgarn said:

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

lol +1

Just for Dr. Evil.

[he grew up in the same suburb of Toronto as me--Scarborough]

• Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
52 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Game's pretty balanced, except for CVs those cancer tubers need to be removed.

How do you supppose WG go about premium CVs? Besides, you haven’t played CVs out of T5, you don’t know just how hard a CV is. Yes they are unbalanced, they have lots of influence on the match, but so do scouting DDs on the frequent occasions there isn’t a CV. So do pushing BBs when all the enemy BBs are on the other side of the map. 

Rant over, now back to ridiculing the OP for not knowing how to dodge torps (this is coming from a BB/CA main). Normal torps, especially Shima torps aren’t OP, Shima divisions are, but then again, so are well played Poopsicola divisions (people don’t give its AP enough credit). Team play is OP, so if you can’t beat them, join them, start team playing to locate and destroy enemy DD.

[INTEL]
Members
752 posts
7,944 battles
2 hours ago, felipa said:

You totally missed the point of that Vid. it was showing the shear silliness of how easy it is for good DD play to farm damage. Not because of how good or bad Torps are, but because of how easy their targets make it. Flambass and his OMNI buddies were handicapping themselves by using the worst possible torp and spread combo and still wrecked.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles
1 hour ago, GabeTheDespot said:

How do you supppose WG go about premium CVs? Besides, you haven’t played CVs out of T5, you don’t know just how hard a CV is. Yes they are unbalanced, they have lots of influence on the match, but so do scouting DDs on the frequent occasions there isn’t a CV. So do pushing BBs when all the enemy BBs are on the other side of the map. 

Rant over, now back to ridiculing the OP for not knowing how to dodge torps (this is coming from a BB/CA main). Normal torps, especially Shima torps aren’t OP, Shima divisions are, but then again, so are well played Poopsicola divisions (people don’t give its AP enough credit). Team play is OP, so if you can’t beat them, join them, start team playing to locate and destroy enemy DD.

Refund, like they did with Belfast and Kutz.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,670 posts
8,068 battles

Yeah well a 3 DM division is hell for any DD

3 Shima div is hell for any BB

3 Conqueror / Montana div is hell for everyone 

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
10 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Refund, like they did with Belfast and Kutz.

Are you talking about when they nerfed smoke? I still see those ships with frightening regularity. 

They could go the way of the Kitikami, except the Kitikami was for doubloons, not money. Kutuzov and Belfast were voluntary refunds, and I don’t think many will want refund their CVs (CV mains and historical ship “collectors”).

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
14 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Most DDs have barely 50% win rate, average. Yes if you get hit by trips it feels punishing. But that's just confirmation bias.

Most of the DD's I have have +50 % win rate. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,226 posts
3,871 battles

ITT: Weapon that is only effective vs stupidity hits someone, and they complain about it.

[RNJR]
Members
200 posts
4,157 battles

Bbs are slow far and lazy targets. They need strong fast quick Cruisers and stealthy up front Destroyers to spot the walls before they get to you.  You know... teamwork??  AND yes the cruisers and destroyers need your armor and big guns or they will die up front and leave you alone to die alone.