Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Alternate adjustment to facilitate better team play.

7 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles

So in the game, you can hit the control key and manually select an enemy vessel or air group for attack.  Expand that to include clicking on friendly ships, designating them as ships you are supporting. You would get scoring buffs for aircraft shot down, torpedoes spotted, shells landed on the enemy when you are within a certain distance of your designated ship you are supporting. This would encourage more player to work together for better scoring chances. You could limit it to cross class only so the battleships in the back can't click on each other and get extra points.

It is just a suggestion, I don't know if it would work. I am only trying to think of ways to encourage players to work together through increased experienced points and credits.

• Cool 3

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

that's actually not a bad idea. i'm sure someone will find fault with it, but i can't think of any off the top of my head. i like it.

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles

Being close to someone doesn't mean teamwork.  Honestly most of the time I don't want anyone to be very close to me.

Also I feel it would make people stack up and lemming even harder.

I don't really believe dedicated teamwork is very important as far as a winning strategy.  If you just position your ship to best support an objective and react to changes in the match without making mistskes you will have more of an effect then trying to commit to a plan or teamwork.  Simple reaction to everything in the game will net you more.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,735 posts
7,354 battles
12 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Being close to someone doesn't mean teamwork.  Honestly most of the time I don't want anyone to be very close to me.

Also I feel it would make people stack up and lemming even harder.

I don't really believe dedicated teamwork is very important as far as a winning strategy.  If you just position your ship to best support an objective and react to changes in the match without making mistskes you will have more of an effect then trying to commit to a plan or teamwork.  Simple reaction to everything in the game will net you more.

This.

Horrid matches, and decent wins, have more to do with poor individual play than with poor overall "teamwork." A HUGE part of individual play is being fully map aware, knowing what's going on across the map, and then reacting, or being proactive, correctly based on what you can, and what you can't, see.

[WOLFA]
Members
548 posts
3,103 battles

I see this being abused. Everyone would just click on the closest ship just so they get the extra exp and credits.

And how would WG know who was supporting who?

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, MountainManxDan said:

That is actually very true.  You don't want friendly DDs be in close proximity with each other, DD divisons that flock into same cap and smoke cloud are often losing games.  High DPM ships are better off setting cross fire from spread out positions.  The only reason to stay in close proximity is the AA, and that is highly situational at best, and counter productive in most cases.

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Some popular games out there incentivize teamwork by rewarding players that play in the same teams/divisions with their friends, boosting XP they get.  The more friends play on the same division, the more rewards they get: for example division of 2 friends would get 33% bonus to base XP, division of 3 friends would get 50% to base XP.  Friends would either have to be some sort of mutual contact, or people in the same clan with you.  Having said that I am not quite sure it would be a good idea or not.  It would discourage solo play.

Sign in to follow this