You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Results of Mouse's Angry Youtuber Contest (Picture Heavy)

19 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,068 posts
7,616 battles
Hi, everyone!  I'm proud to present all of the entries for my Angry Youtuber review.  Last week, I invited my readers to compose their very own reviews of their favourite ships.  The prizes are a bonus code for some temporary space camouflages for the two runners up and a permanent space camouflage of the user's choice for the winner.  Thank you so much for all of your entries.  Some of these genuinely made me laugh -- which I really needed given this stressful week.

Judging these was super hard.  Next time, I think I'll pass the buck to some collective.  Anyhoo, here are the first of the entries in no particular order:

3r7S2EZ.jpg
Elegant, classy, tea!

K9yV6ws.png
This is a good one. It has lots of information which makes it fun to look at and there's some fun bits of humour throughout.  The sarcasm is especially appreciated. 

YAqXrF4.gif
Trying to butter me up with rainbows and unicorns, eh?  I'm onto you!
BoEBntR.gif

TE4SXnx.png
Hee, this one panders to my ego.  It shows that they've been reading my reviews and they even matched the format I put these together.  Really good job here.   I'm really looking forward to spending more time playing Prinz Eugen when (if?) the buffs go through. 

UGFsfoQ.jpg
It's the little touches that make these fun to look at.  I do appreciate the efforts to give this one a more faded, dated look.  Having spent as much time as I have mapping dispersion, the accuracy joke here made me snort.

vDc1ZzH.jpg
E5quWH3.png  Some of you know me far too well...  E5quWH3.png
e7I9dJu.png?1

hyPDteH.gif
Man, where did you get that transparent fire gif?  I'm always looking for more gifs to layer.

n6SMe6m.png
I was honestly surprised I didn't get more poibotes.  Giulio Cesare seemed to be the favourite.

zxQiv0V.png
This was an early favourite of mine, mostly because I believe it wholeheartedly.  I dunno how many of my early Clemson replays I sent over to Jingles-senpoi thinking I was hot stuff in this game.

IcLBGDq.jpg
I'm not going to lie, some these references went right over my head.

IURMwRZ.jpg
Mimes totally creep me out.

wR11JnZ.jpg
Whoo!  Commonwealth pride!

UhiGgM2.jpg
I agree.  This entry is fine!  It's alarmingly accurate too.  I'm of the opinion that the upcoming nerfs won't go far enough to keep this from being a seal-clubbing darling.

gyVMePu.png  Warships in SPAAAAACE  gyVMePu.png
sf72Jtg.jpg
I think Jingles-senpoi would approve.
p4YQUtL.png

Id4rkZB.jpg
Nice job on the custom skin -- cause of course you went the extra mile and totally re-skinned the ship.  Does the art look familiar to anyone else?

mdQqCwQ.jpg
♪ Ra-Ra-Rasputin!  Lover of the Russian Queen!  ♫
Great, now that song (and a flash-animation dancing Putin) is stuck in my head.   ZERO POINTS!
UCrMbUO.gif

And now for some ANGRY Angry Youtuber Reviews!
CJQCn7V.jpg
So true, it's kinda scary. Just wait until she becomes available to the masses...

d4iND4v.jpg
What!? I love having fun in my Mikasa! Boo-urns! I won't argue about the rating, though. She's terrible!

RIcWRn8.png
Yes, let the powers of hate flow through you!

jJClwQs.png
This one scores big points for genuine anger. It puts some authenticity into the "angry" part of Angry Youtuber review. (I especially liked the less flammable zeppelin). It loses points for accuracy, imo, and this is my contest so that's all that counts! MOVING ON!
The Runners Up
It was hard to isolate these ones from the pack, but they each had something that made them stand out for me.  These two will be winning bonus codes for a handful of temporary Space Camouflages.

8WvGoqz.jpg
This was the first one to make me genuinely laugh out loud. Very, very clever. Why are you so terrible compared to De Grasse? Why!?  Congrats, GildedCavalier from the NA server!

u31ebk4.gif
I honestly believe this is how the design process went down.  +1 for validating my imagined historical accuracy.  Well done, NR_Circle30 from EU.

And the Winner Is:
There could only be one, and this one stood out from the rest for me, mostly because it was so darned pretty.

dYMcs6w.jpg
Congratulations, NeoRussia from the North American server!  I'll be in touch to let you pick which permanent camouflage you want for your collection!

Thanks again to everyone who entered!  Please keep an eye on your email boxes if you're one of the winners!
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 14
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,968 posts
12,487 battles

Grats to the winners!

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
3,984 battles
9 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

and there's some fun bits of humour throughout. 

"Loved by HMS Warspite at 26,400 yards" had me ROFLing, but I think "Fires for the Fire God" was enhanced by the pic that came immediately beneath it. Oh Mouse, what HAVE you been up to with that hatchet? :fish_panic:

• Cool 1

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
369 posts
8,978 battles

I resisted making other model glue jokes. :cap_book:

Congrats to the winners. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,968 posts
12,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh Mouse, what HAVE you been up to with that hatchet? :fish_panic:

This.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
242 posts
3,629 battles

Nuuu! I didn't win....

Ah well. I hope there will be another contest like this soon.

[5IN]
Members
1,786 posts
8,109 battles

Congratz @NeoRussia, nice work.  Actually, they were all pretty good... except the Rasputin one... got that damn song stuck in my head now... (lol, just kidding, I really did like it:cap_like:)

B

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It loses points for accuracy, imo

But what does this even mean :fish_nerv:

I had a blast writing that review, Hindy is my favorite ship in the game currently. There is so much not wrong with it so I had a rough time being this degrading. As long as I get a few more chuckles I'm happy.

unrelated: the okhotnick gif is a work of fine art and I applaud the creator

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,012 posts
7,684 battles

Thank you for all of your hard work, both to Mouse and the applicants.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,029 posts
2,203 battles

That was fun! 

Contestants, for extra points, put the name of the ship in your image.

[WOLF2]
Members
867 posts
7,019 battles

Enjoyed the post, the submissions, and the contest offer.

(realizing art is waaaay above my pay grade).   Nice job, skippers! :Smile_honoring:

360 posts
194 battles

Those are all really creative, congrats to the winners, and to all the entries as well for being better at this than me. I would like to do an Angry YouTuber review of one of the Angry YouTuber entries and say that the Hindenburg is NOT Hot Garbage, Good Sir! (insert MLG horns, Doritos, Baja Blast, Jolly Ranchers). 

[WGA]
Administrator
662 posts
249 battles

Exceptionally well done!  Congratz to winner and please enjoy your new space camo!

[1IF]
Members
73 posts
2,579 battles

I have no skills with image editing, but I couldn't resist. This was fun.  Congrats @NeoRussia

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
682 posts
10,356 battles

I lack artistic skill myself these were all fantastic congrats to the winner. 

Edited by yamato6945

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

"Less flammable ->"

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1