Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ulthwey

Gremy build and captain skills?

4 comments in this topic

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

I don't play the Gremy as much I probably should. I relocated and respecced the captain from it some time ago, and now that I'm trying to play the Gremy again I'm not sure how best to spec it. It's been awhile.

What mods and captain skills are you guy using? Also, what original non-premium ship do you use your Gremy captain in or do you have this captain specifically assigned to the Gremy? I've been using my Ognevoi (which I never play) captain in both the Leningrad and Gremy.

So far I'm using a 15pt captain with: Preventative Maintenance, Expert Marksman, Last Stand, Torp Expertise, BFT, Concealment. I have 4 points left, so I'm thinking Adrenaline Rush + Smoke Expert.

*As useful as AFT may be, I think it's not the best idea to blow up the concealment radius of the ship to such a huge distance every time I fire the guns. The damage this ship can do at 14+km isnt all that great, so I decided not to bother with dumping 4 captain pts into it.

[KP]
Members
2,006 posts
18,484 battles
7 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I don't play the Gremy as much I probably should. I relocated and respecced the captain from it some time ago, and now that I'm trying to play the Gremy again I'm not sure how best to spec it. It's been awhile.

What mods and captain skills are you guy using? Also, what original non-premium ship do you use your Gremy captain in or do you have this captain specifically assigned to the Gremy? I've been using my Ognevoi (which I never play) captain in both the Leningrad and Gremy.

So far I'm using a 15pt captain with: Preventative Maintenance, Expert Marksman, Last Stand, Torp Expertise, BFT, Concealment. I have 4 points left, so I'm thinking Adrenaline Rush + Smoke Expert.

*As useful as AFT may be, I think it's not the best idea to blow up the concealment radius of the ship to such a huge distance every time I fire the guns. The damage this ship can do at 14+km isnt all that great, so I decided not to bother with dumping 4 captain pts into it.

I'm one of the best RU DD players on the server I will give you my full captain build and the order in which you should take it as soon as I get off work. PM me so I don't forget. As I said I'm at work I may forget.

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,378 battles

I share my 19-Pt captain between Gremy, Okhotnik, and Leningrad.

My specs are: PT (this one could be PM) - EM - LS - BFT - DE - CE - AFT

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles
46 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I share my 19-Pt captain between Gremy, Okhotnik, and Leningrad.

My specs are: PT (this one could be PM) - EM - LS - BFT - DE - CE - AFT

I have exactly this planned for Leningrad and Okhotnik (I don't have a Gremy).  Technically, this is my Izyaslav captain, but the same build would work on any of the tier 4-7 Russian DDs (in other words, those with bad turret traverse and concealment not so bad that you ditch all pretense) that you feel like keeping.

Sign in to follow this