You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tjvarmint

Warships.Today broken???

14 comments in this topic

[TD6]
Members
19 posts
4,765 battles

Not here to discuss the validity of WTR but am curious as to why the layout of Warships.Today has changed. My opinion is that the stats should be arranged in a logical chronological order. I've sent emails questioning this but have not received a response.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

No idea what's going on over there, but I agree, the old format was better. Makes me wonder if they're working on overcoming issues. Earlier this week, I know there was a brief period where it couldn't communicate with WG.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,338 posts
9,433 battles

It's been that way for quite a few weeks...   old news.

As to why?  New employees..  New trends... 

Standardization == stick with the format everyone hates.  Sounds like they got it there.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,550 battles

IMO, I don't think that site has been actively supported for quite some time now.

Members
1,550 posts
9,822 battles

Their stat data does not update regularly. It was showing the same stats for me for almost 3 weeks. 

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,214 battles

Use WoWs numbers, it has more features and more information, plus you can actually customize your signature.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
11 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Their stat data does not update regularly. It was showing the same stats for me for almost 3 weeks. 

Noticed that as well. Did you see a banner notice at the top stating the site was only able to retrieve an old snapshot? 

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

Use WoWs numbers, it has more features and more information, plus you can actually customize your signature.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/

Personally, I prefer this site since the intervals are more consistent. Plus I love how it links into clans and their clan strength feature.

Members
1,550 posts
9,822 battles
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

Noticed that as well. Did you see a banner notice at the top stating the site was only able to retrieve an old snapshot? 

This has been going on for months so I stopped going to the site. I tried today and the website is slow as a turtle

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

This has been going on for months so I stopped going to the site. I tried today and the website is slow as a turtle

I agree with you there. It definitely has slowed down over the years.

[WORX]
Members
1,648 posts
12,706 battles

Other then WOWS site and warship today... Where do you guys go to get your reliable stats ?

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,214 battles
6 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Personally, I prefer this site since the intervals are more consistent. Plus I love how it links into clans and their clan strength feature.

Yes, wows-numbers is a site that keeps adding features and refining it's interface and scope, warships today took over from the "first" metric site that closed down three months after the end of open beta.  The guy used to respond on wotlabs from time to time, but he hasn't said a peep in ages.  Unless you are really into this game, I wouldn't bother doing a site on ship stats - maybe the founder of warships today has simply moved on ....

[TD6]
Members
19 posts
4,765 battles

So I checked out the WoWs Stats page. Am I doing something wrong? It shows my current avg stats but progress numbers aren't available past August of last year??

Members
4,745 posts
5,464 battles

Yeah, the new layout is weird. Instead of a 1-3 day column, a 7+ day column or 20-30 day column, a 60/90-120 day column, a 200+ day column, and an overall column, it now seems to track 30 days, 80-some odd days, and the third column is one day after the second(I think my Sig has an 84 day and 85 day column :Smile_amazed:). And the progression is backwards. Overall at the end but the second longest set of days is first, followed by the first longest, followed by the most recent.

The old layout was definitely better, even if the tracking was inconsistent. I'd use Wows stats and numbers, but I don't personally like any of their images for signatures, and there seems to be no way to upload a custom image or use a plain, blank background like warships.today.

Edited by GhostSwordsman