You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

skins and camo

8 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
471 posts
5,418 battles

first I did search the forum and google, but most of what I found was really old or not in a format I could ask any questions.

I do have a few questions:

Camo

1)  I can buy a Type 17 camo for 2000 Doubloons, a)is it free to use after that? b)is it unlimited?
2) premium camo, when its for sale, is it good for all my ships, or just 1?

Skins

1) are there skins in the "Mod MultiPack Beta"?
2) skins from 3rd parties are ok to use in game?

3) are skins only visible to me?

[POP]
Members
299 posts
4,891 battles

Most of those ship 2k camos are permanent and only for the ship you purchase it from. You can demount it and mount it later if you choose as well.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

1.1) Camos costing several thousand doubloons are one-time purchase and free to resupply after that.

1.2) Not entirely sure what you mean. Camo costing 125 doubloons or less are one-time use and work on all ships, camos costing several thousand doubloons are one-time purchase and work only on a single ship.

2.1) Dunno, don't use that mod.

2.2) Yup.

2.3) Skins / camos from mods are only visible on your local client, since the modify local files and aren't shared between players.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
43 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Camo

1)  I can buy a Type 17 camo for 2000 Doubloons, a)is it free to use after that? b)is it unlimited?
2) premium camo, when its for sale, is it good for all my ships, or just 1?

Skins

1) are there skins in the "Mod MultiPack Beta"?
2) skins from 3rd parties are ok to use in game?

3) are skins only visible to me?

Camo

1-Yes a- Yes b- Yes

2- This depends upon what you are calling "premium camo".  If you mean the 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 8k Camo as the Type 17 then one it is NEVER on sale (ie it is always full price) and it is only good for 1 specific ship.  If you mean the Type 6 (50 doubloons) camo then yes it can be on sale for reduced prices and if purchased it can be demounted and remounted on any ship.

Skins

1- Theoretically yes, as it is a multipack, however the exact inclusions can vary

2- Short answer is 'soft of'.   Most skins are going to be fine, however mods are very much a gray area and certain things may run you into trouble later.  Best bet is don't use mods, next best bet is only use official WG mods.

3- Correct, only you, however someone else can run a mod with skins and see your ship entirely different.   

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
471 posts
5,418 battles

"2- This depends upon what you are calling "premium camo".  If you mean the 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 8k Camo as the Type 17 then one it is NEVER on sale (ie it is always full price) and it is only good for 1 specific ship.  If you mean the Type 6 (50 doubloons) camo then yes it can be on sale for reduced prices and if purchased it can be demounted and remounted on any ship. "

There was French Camo for sale for real money, those are the premium camo I as wondering about?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

There was French Camo for sale for real money, those are the premium camo I as wondering about?

I don't think any of the premium, ship-specific permanent camos were ever on sale in the premium shop separate from the ship they're for, so I'm 99% sure you're talking about the 'Revolutionary' camo, in which case it's not a 'premium camo', just a normal consumable one. You buy an X amount of them for an Y amount of money, you can apply them to any ship you want, and they're one-use only.

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
471 posts
5,418 battles

Thanks everyone, all the answers I need, think I will just get the Type 17 and play with that now that I know how the camo and skins work.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
14 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

"2- This depends upon what you are calling "premium camo".  If you mean the 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 8k Camo as the Type 17 then one it is NEVER on sale (ie it is always full price) and it is only good for 1 specific ship.  If you mean the Type 6 (50 doubloons) camo then yes it can be on sale for reduced prices and if purchased it can be demounted and remounted on any ship. "

The camo bundles (ie Revolutionary camo) with say 50 or 100 camo's in it are 1 time use each and usable on any ship.  So if you buy the 50 pack you can use 1 each on 50 different ships, or 50 times on 1 ship. or 5 times each on 10 different ships.

The ship specific camo such as the Richeliu camo is for permanent use on that specific ship only.

• Cool 1