Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Play like a Pro Map Tactics article

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Well they have a lot of good information, but getting everyone to follow it there would be the hard part.

BTW are we (PVE) forming a team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,927
[PVE]
Members
8,782 posts
7,225 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well they have a lot of good information, but getting everyone to follow it there would be the hard part.

BTW are we (PVE) forming a team?

There are about 7 of us in PvE that want to play Clan Battles. Getting everyone together during CB time is hard. Check with anyone who is a recruiter as they all were interested in clan battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are about 7 of us in PvE that want to play Clan Battles. Getting everyone together during CB time is hard. Check with anyone who is a recruiter as they all were interested in clan battles.

Copy I wish them luck, I would hurt the team more than help. So I will just support them from the stands:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Copy I wish them luck, I would hurt the team more than help. So I will just support them from the stands:Smile_honoring:

Same for me. I would probably be a handicap. Actually, there are a few of us that still need to complete some Ops games. I would be more than happy to help out, as I have a couple that need completing too. But again...we never seem to be able to get everyone together at the same time. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,298
[CUTE]
Members
5,151 posts
3,430 battles
4 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Copy I wish them luck, I would hurt the team more than help. So I will just support them from the stands:Smile_honoring:

Too many people think this. WRONG! there are several divisions and leagues for many skill levels. Give it a try it's just fun stuff and you cant go wrong playing against other squads, you can only get better.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
4 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Too many people think this.

Well you see I prefer PvE over Clan Battles, Rank and Random. And I do not agree with or like how Clan Battles are set up, so that is why I am bowing out.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but clan games usually require people giving orders to others. Plus voice comms would give a distinct advantage. Some of us just aren't very good at taking orders. Hence, we play PvE. Even PvP can get irritating with the "go here" and "do this" commands being given. 
And a lot of us can't afford a microphone headset. :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, Deputy276 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but clan games usually require people giving orders to others. Plus voice comms would give a distinct advantage. Some of us just aren't very good at taking orders. Hence, we play PvE. Even PvP can get irritating with the "go here" and "do this" commands being given. 
And a lot of us can't afford a microphone headset. :Smile_Default:

Well I can take orders, I was in the USN PLUS I am married :cap_haloween:LOL:cap_haloween:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well I can take orders, I was in the USN PLUS I am married :cap_haloween:LOL:cap_haloween:

I was in the Army for 3 years and a cop for 22 years AND I'm married. Enough is a enough!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[KSC]
Members
39 posts
14,575 battles
3 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but clan games usually require people giving orders to others. Plus voice comms would give a distinct advantage. Some of us just aren't very good at taking orders. Hence, we play PvE. Even PvP can get irritating with the "go here" and "do this" commands being given. 
And a lot of us can't afford a microphone headset. :Smile_Default:

Amazon has several headset options for under $20, fyi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
1 minute ago, Borla78 said:

Amazon has several headset options for under $20, fyi.

That's great. Some 10-year-old screaming "go here" and "do this" directly in my ear. No thank you. I forgot to mention I am an old curmudgeon(68).:Smile_playing: Plus I have had cheap headsets before. I played in a squadron for "IL-2 1946". They don't last very long.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,927
[PVE]
Members
8,782 posts
7,225 battles
2 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well I can take orders, I was in the USN PLUS I am married :cap_haloween:LOL:cap_haloween:

:Smile_teethhappy:

1 minute ago, Deputy276 said:

I was in the Army for 3 years and a cop for 22 years AND I'm married. Enough is a enough!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_teethhappy:

 

PvE as a clan, is not too serious about CB, so give it a go. I understand CB is mainly played for flags and XP by our clan. About a third of the PvE clan plays PvP more than PvE.

3 minutes ago, Borla78 said:

Amazon has several headset options for under $20, fyi.

My wife said she is looking for a headset with mic at yard sales. She'll find one for less than $5. She got $2000 worth of computer parts for a $1 at a yard sale, so I can wait.:Smile_coin:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[KSC]
Members
39 posts
14,575 battles
Just now, Deputy276 said:

That's great. Some 10-year-old screaming "go here" and "do this" directly in my ear. No thank you. I forgot to mention I am an old curmudgeon(68).:Smile_playing: Plus I have had cheap headsets before. I played in a squadron for "IL-2 1946". They don't last very long.  

You do you man.  I was just trying to offer some assistance.  My headset that I bought approx 2 years ago was under $30.  Still works like a champ with almost daily use.

 

One of the guys I've helped in the past is 72 years old.  He can't stop talking about how much more he enjoys the game now that he uses voice comms....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
Just now, Borla78 said:

You do you man.  I was just trying to offer some assistance.  My headset that I bought approx 2 years ago was under $30.  Still works like a champ with almost daily use.

 

One of the guys I've helped in the past is 72 years old.  He can't stop talking about how much more he enjoys the game now that he uses voice comms....

Well I appreciate the advice and heads-up. It's just not for me. My wife gets irritated enough that I spend so much time playing this game. Talking to it would send her over the edge as she watches her "Housewives of..." shows. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,298
[CUTE]
Members
5,151 posts
3,430 battles
1 minute ago, Deputy276 said:

That's great. Some 10-year-old screaming "go here" and "do this" directly in my ear. No thank you. I forgot to mention I am an old curmudgeon(68).:Smile_playing: Plus I have had cheap headsets before. I played in a squadron for "IL-2 1946". They don't last very long.  

I have yet to come across anyone that is 10 years old during my WoWs tenure screaming in my ear. Who exactly does your clan let in anyway? :Smile_teethhappy: 

 

My comment is directed more towards the idea that you don't have to be ultra unicum to contribute to a team at all levels, and have a good time doing it. The trick is not to go in with a whole lot of expectations and then be happily surprised that "Hey, we aren't as bad as we thought!" and maybe have some fun in the process. I'll be honest, for me there is enough fun in it that it'd be worth the price of a headset. YMMV, but I'd rather people know it's not some "skillfest" out there, there are many leagues to play in that challenge everyone.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, Deputy276 said:

Well I appreciate the advice and heads-up. It's just not for me. My wife gets irritated enough that I spend so much time playing this game. Talking to it would send her over the edge as she watches her "Housewives of..." shows. :Smile_teethhappy:

I think your wife and mine might be related:cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,927
[PVE]
Members
8,782 posts
7,225 battles
1 minute ago, Canadatron said:

I have yet to come across anyone that is 10 years old during my WoWs tenure screaming in my ear. Who exactly does your clan let in anyway? :Smile_teethhappy: 

 

My comment is directed more towards the idea that you don't have to be ultra unicum to contribute to a team at all levels, and have a good time doing it. The trick is not to go in with a whole lot of expectations and then be happily surprised that "Hey, we aren't as bad as we thought!" and maybe have some fun in the process. I'll be honest, for me there is enough fun in it that it'd be worth the price of a headset. YMMV, but I'd rather people know it's not some "skillfest" out there, there are many leagues to play in that challenge everyone.get along

 

PvE is a casual Clan. About 1/3 play PvP more than PvE. A few don't play PvP at all. We are in it for the bonuses. As far as I know, we don't have any 10 year olds in the clan. Most are older and we generally get along in the game chat.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
9 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I think your wife and mine might be related:cap_haloween:

I think they are all organized and plot stuff.:Smile_teethhappy:

 

9 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

I have yet to come across anyone that is 10 years old during my WoWs tenure screaming in my ear. Who exactly does your clan let in anyway? :Smile_teethhappy: 

 

My comment is directed more towards the idea that you don't have to be ultra unicum to contribute to a team at all levels, and have a good time doing it. The trick is not to go in with a whole lot of expectations and then be happily surprised that "Hey, we aren't as bad as we thought!" and maybe have some fun in the process. I'll be honest, for me there is enough fun in it that it'd be worth the price of a headset. YMMV, but I'd rather people know it's not some "skillfest" out there, there are many leagues to play in that challenge everyone.

It's not my clan. All of them are mature enough to not do that. It's people you play alongside in PvE and even more so in PvP. Certain individuals seem to think they are Admirals and that it's their way or the hi-way. In PvE they usually get laughed at or made fun of. So it happens much less there. In the rare times I play PvP, I just turn off chat. You have to understand that PvE players are much more interested in individual goals than "team play". Plus they have played the maps and fought the bots enough that they don't need a "strategy" from someone else to win. 

Edited by Deputy276

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,298
[CUTE]
Members
5,151 posts
3,430 battles
Just now, Deputy276 said:

I think they are all organized and plot stuff.

 

It's not clan folks. Most of them are mature enough to not do that. It's people you play alongside in PvE and even more so in PvP. Certain individuals seem to think they are Admirals and that it's their way or the hi-way. In PvE they usually get laughed at or made fun of. So it happens much less there. In the rare times I play PvP, I just turn off chat. You have to understand that PvE players are much more interested in individual goals than "team play". Plus they have played the maps and fought the bots enough that they don't need a "strategy" from someone else to win. 

 

Generally people just log into Discord or other voice servers. I can't think of many people that actually tune into the built in chat feature. Playing on a team in CB you all get onto a team/clan channel and go from there. On just about any game public voice servers are pure cancer. 

Personally, I've never felt the need to turn off chat. I play enough and have never seen 1/2 the things people swear are happening on a game to game basis. As a matter of fact, I encountered my first F Key spammer just this week. Not a bad record after 2+ years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,614
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,703 posts
11,317 battles

The map tactics are pretty sound, though I think not the best. Not a fan of two DDs, not a fan of splitting up so evenly, But if you are just getting started in CBs then its totally viable.  But without Mics (or at least the play caller having a mic and others being able to listen) is gonna make it tough to perform well as a unit, and playing as a unit is more important than individual skill.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
11 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

I think they are all organized and plot stuff.:Smile_teethhappy:

Yes they do LOL:cap_haloween:

2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The map tactics are pretty sound, though I think not the best. Not a fan of two DDs, not a fan of splitting up so evenly, But if you are just getting started in CBs then its totally viable.  But without Mics (or at least the play caller having a mic and others being able to listen) is gonna make it tough to perform well as a unit, and playing as a unit is more important than individual skill.

Now there is some good points, and I would have to agree on the Mics

I got two off eBay - Headset/Mics for $5.00 - they are a older style but so I am I LOL:cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
9 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

and playing as a unit is more important than individual skill.

Which is exactly why most Co-op players won't play it. Most Co-op players are playing for individual reasons or prefer the "Lone Wolf" style of play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
21 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Which is exactly why most Co-op players won't play it. Most Co-op players are playing for individual reasons or prefer the "Lone Wolf" style of play. 

Well some of us, I would enjoy teaming up sometime with someone for Operations or even Co-Op, and if WG changes somethings for Clan Battles I would even give it a try.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well some of us, I would enjoy teaming up sometime with some for Operations, and if WG changes somethings for Clan Battles I would even give it a try.

Agree 100% on Ops battles. Unfortunately, it seems almost impossible to get enough folks online at the same time to play them. :Smile_sad: Depends on what WG changes to get me into clan battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×