You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

How do you reduce the spread?

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,461 posts
3,211 battles

on the main guns or the secondary guns?

There is a module that helps reduce main gun dispersion but you shouldnt really be using it. German BBs are made to get up close and brawl with. As for the secondary guns, you can use the captain skill Manual Fire Control. It will reduce dispersion especially Tier 8+

Edited by JSFWRX85

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Dispersion?   Being more specific would help with posts....  Flags/Camo/Capt skills to cut down in Dispersion.  Don't engage at the high limits of your guns - engage the reeds at medium to close range in German BBs (7-12 KM)

Edited by CylonRed

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles

No no no, just main guns.

At close range the spread is still too much.

I want to deal killer punch. I know where the enemy's cits are, but couldn't hit them unless I'm lucky.

Often times it's not the cits that sink, but brutal force. 

Beta Testers
1,461 posts
3,211 battles

Aiming Systems Modification 1, it will reduce the Dispersion by 7% Should be 3rd slot in the upgrades

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles

Yeah I often hold fire in my German BBs until I am detected which often is 16km or less. Best range to fight at is inside your your secondary gun range. That way your main guns can furs, your Secondaries can unleash a ton of fire, and some German BBs even get Torpedoes which are helpful as well.

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
3 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I want to deal killer punch. I know where the enemy's cits are, but couldn't hit them unless I'm lucky.

Which German BBs are you using in particular?

[INTEL]
Members
8,428 posts
25,288 battles
12 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

German BBs. 

How do I  reduce the spread? That would be sweet.

Eat fewer high calorie foods. Exercise more.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

dispersion reduction is always worth it. you use it every time you fire your main batteries. 

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
2 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

As mentioned by others here, there is the module you can use for many high-tier battleships to marginally reduce their main gun spread.  Key word here is "marginal".  You'll never get anywhere near cruiser-like accuracy with battleship main guns, at any range.  Every time you fire a battleship's main guns, it's a lottery.  As you've said, often times you just have to get lucky.  That's just how it is for battleships.

Edited by Kuckoo

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts
2 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I want to deal killer punch.

You're playing the wrong BB for that: try USN or IJN for high hit ratio delivery. KM trades main battery efficiency for secondary efficiency, super armor up close, and sonar.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,082 battles

Use the dispersion mod in the third equipment slot.
However, be aware that on a German BB, it isn't going to be much use—Sure, it'll decrease the spread on the main guns, but not by a whole lot. All it'll do is make an inaccurate gun a tad less inaccurate. Fundamentally, nothing will really change. You'll still get shots that do some wonky things, and your shells will still misbehave. 

On German BBs, it's generally better to take the secondary boosting module in that slot, instead of the main battery accuracy module. The secondaries on German BBs are among the best per tier, and can certainly help rack up damage. It is very much worth investing in, at the very least until FdG. 
It's kinda what they were balanced around—I.E, less accurate main batteries for better secondaries and armour. 

If you want ships which can deliver that knock out punch you're looking for, don't play the KMBBs. Japanese and USN battleships (The high tier ones being particularly notable) might be more of what you're looking for, as their main batteries are more accurate than the KMBBs could ever hope to be.       

[TASH]
Members
4,993 posts
7,903 battles

Who plays German battleships for good main battery dispersion?

remembers 2.0 sigma Konig

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
6 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Who plays German battleships for good main battery dispersion?

remembers 2.0 sigma Konig

With a little luck, German BBs can citadel 8 different ships in a single salvo.

• Cool 1

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,347 posts
14,744 battles
46 minutes ago, cometguy said:

With a little luck, German BBs can citadel 8 different ships in a single salvo.

Good one....  +1  :Smile_great:

[-DOG-]
Members
189 posts
3,076 battles

If I need a laugh, I just imagine an april fools type game where all shots are accurate (no dispersion or anything).  Games would last about 5 minutes, and would be nothing but 1 shots and citadels.  Could be fun for a few minutes.

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
98 posts
11,865 battles

Thank you's to everyone for the good advice here.  I just started the German BB line and my Nassau main battery has been a hazard to my allies.  It is more wildly inaccurate than my Wyoming!  I shall sail even closer with German BBs and brawl.