You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
buzz_bomb

About Jean-Jacques Honore for CA or BB

13 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
60 posts
4,526 battles

Can someone remind me what benefits this special French captain provides me? Would his special ability be better maximized for a French CA or BB? Considering his abilities how do you spec him for CA or BB? Thanks.  

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

A boost to Expert Marksman and Adrenaline Rush.

Good for BBs.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,320 battles

Yea, EM and AR. Really he is good for just about any french line, I recommend putting him in whatever you play most.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles

I can only speak for BBs.

The boosted Adrenaline Rush is good for undergunned BBs like Richelieu and Bretange.

The boosted Expert Marksman is good for Lyons as she have slow turrets.

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,507 battles

I use him for Alsace, but if I had it to do over I'd have moved him to Republique. My Alsace build uses adrenaline rush but not EM, as Alsace really needs 3 level 4 skills to maximize her strengths (manual 2ndaries, AFT, and IFHE) so I can't take a 2nd level 2 skill. I use both EM and AR on Republique as Republique doesn't have 100mm secondaries and doesn't need IFHE. Next time they run a free respec event, I'll swap them but not worth spending the commander xp to retrain and respec both just for the EM boost to Republique. 

He's a very strong captain for high-tier French BBs tho; EM and AR are both useful for any CA or BB but AR is especially strong for secondary-build BBs (and if you're playing high-tier French BBs as anything but secondary-build you're doing it wrong) since it affects both main guns and secondaries.

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,579 battles

I stuffed him in a random MN BB I earned from the event but really use him primarily in the Aigle. 

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,863 battles
3 hours ago, buzz_bomb said:

Can someone remind me what benefits this special French captain provides me? Would his special ability be better maximized for a French CA or BB? Considering his abilities how do you spec him for CA or BB? Thanks.  

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

here you go. In case you have them all.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[R-F]
Members
4 posts
6,070 battles

In a minor disagreement with the rest of the thread, I would highly recommend him for the Henri. The expert marksman buff makes it so the ship more or less won't outturn its turrets anymore, which as a kiting HE spamming cruiser is a massive QOL change. Just my .02 though.

• Cool 1

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
5 hours ago, Sventex said:

he boosted Expert Marksman is good for Lyons as she have slow turrets.

I have him on the Lyon and have worked him daily up to 15-pt. It's a good match.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,402 battles

i have him on the Aigle, and it insane knive fight and WASD hack with other dd it no funny

the EM really help

and the AR boost is for later of the game

[4HIM]
Members
1,700 posts
3,861 battles

I use him in the Aigle as well.  EM is REALLY needed in that bote.  I just haven't played enough of the French BB's to justify using him there.