You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Purple Stats!

35 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles

RxrWzM8.jpg

Yes, it is only 25 games over the last month, all solo, but PURPLE STAT!  :Smile_izmena:  :Smile_teethhappy:

Sorry, could not resist a little bit of bragging. I seem to be helping with the teams, but I still need work on doing more damage. :Smile_child:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,871 posts
10,411 battles

/owo/

\owo\

\owo/

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Setting goals, one step at a time :cap_cool:

I'd like to get rid of the orange, but I understand that damage is an out sized part of WTR. I think I would rather help the team first, get personal damage records second.

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
Just now, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

/owo/

\owo\

\owo/

???

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
Just now, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Congratulations !

:Smile_honoring:

Thank you. I wasn't sure I would see purple stats for more than a game or two at all this year. 25 games with 64% in 28 days is big for me. :Smile_child:

• Bad 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,151 battles

@Kizarvexis A very good way to ensure you do more damage is to increase your survival rate.  I am not encouraging camping at all, but as you glance at the mini map and see that there are 5 ships in front of you and only 3 of your ships facing them, it's time to time the enemies fire, and turn away during their re-load.  You don't have to kite off at max speed, kite slowly at first so you don't lose range to them.  Focus down the weakest or easiest to kill of the 5 ships, and keep firing while managing your damage.  If they start focusing you, go dark - stop firing and open up the range - when you are unspotted for 15-20 seconds , slow down and start firing again - it's just enough time for them to change targets.  Staying alive till the end of the match means doing a LOT more damage, and staying alive intelligently will give you more damage and wins.

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

@Kizarvexis A very good way to ensure you do more damage is to increase your survival rate.  I am not encouraging camping at all, but as you glance at the mini map and see that there are 5 ships in front of you and only 3 of your ships facing them, it's time to time the enemies fire, and turn away during their re-load.  You don't have to kite off at max speed, kite slowly at first so you don't lose range to them.  Focus down the weakest or easiest to kill of the 5 ships, and keep firing while managing your damage.  If they start focusing you, go dark - stop firing and open up the range - when you are unspotted for 15-20 seconds , slow down and start firing again - it's just enough time for them to change targets.  Staying alive till the end of the match means doing a LOT more damage, and staying alive intelligently will give you more damage and wins.

Shiny, thank you. I have been playing Des Moines more for Elite XP and I follow the DDs to light the red DDs up. I need to figure out how to get the red DDs without getting to far out and cit'd to death by BBs. Should I light off the RADAR while turning to kite slowly, so that I can go dark and run easier?

• Angry 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

RxrWzM8.jpg

Yes, it is only 25 games over the last month, all solo, but PURPLE STAT!  :Smile_izmena:  :Smile_teethhappy:

Sorry, could not resist a little bit of bragging. I seem to be helping with the teams, but I still need work on doing more damage. :Smile_child:

Rome wasnt built in a day. Baby steps.

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
Just now, Ulthwey said:

Rome wasnt built in a day. Baby steps.

Oh yeah. A year ago I was under 48% all time and now I'm up to 52% all time pretty regularly.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,399 battles
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

RxrWzM8.jpg

Nice!  Congrats!

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,151 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Shiny, thank you. I have been playing Des Moines more for Elite XP and I follow the DDs to light the red DDs up. I need to figure out how to get the red DDs without getting to far out and cit'd to death by BBs. Should I light off the RADAR while turning to kite slowly, so that I can go dark and run easier?

The DM has those looping gun arcs, allowing you to corner snipe off of an island, that's the best way to kill the enemy DD's, pick an island by a cap that gives you full radar sweep of the cap.  Wait till you see the enemy taking the cap and let your team know you are going to pop radar.  Wait 5 seconds and light your radar, if you have good shots - fire away, if you need to pull up 50 meters from cover, go ahead.  If you need to drive out into the open to get the DD, DO NOT - let someone else do it.  DM has a tough nose, but a weak chin, you can bow tank off an island very well, but once you show your sides .....

Open water in a DM is a late game thing, and you should be driving from one piece of cover to another piece of cover - you are not a Zao with incredible concealment or a Hindenburg with tanky armor - so open water combat is not your friend.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,871 posts
10,411 battles
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

???

It's like waving your hands in the air

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
1 minute ago, hangglide42 said:

Nice!  Congrats!

Thank you.

1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

The DM has those looping gun arcs, allowing you to corner snipe off of an island, that's the best way to kill the enemy DD's, pick an island by a cap that gives you full radar sweep of the cap.  Wait till you see the enemy taking the cap and let your team know you are going to pop radar.  Wait 5 seconds and light your radar, if you have good shots - fire away, if you need to pull up 50 meters from cover, go ahead.  If you need to drive out into the open to get the DD, DO NOT - let someone else do it.  DM has a tough nose, but a weak chin, you can bow tank off an island very well, but once you show your sides .....

Open water in a DM is a late game thing, and you should be driving from one piece of cover to another piece of cover - you are not a Zao with incredible concealment or a Hindenburg with tanky armor - so open water combat is not your friend.

So more like Atago and Takao then. I do alright with those by staying back and looping up to shoot and back to go dark in open water. I'll try the island thing, but I usually try not to stop too much.

1 minute ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

It's like waving your hands in the air

Ah, makes sense now. :Smile_teethhappy: Thank you

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

Nice work.

thank you

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,024 battles
41 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

RxrWzM8.jpg

Nothing is more satisfying than become a better version of yourself. Hope you apply the same vigor to your real life encounters.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
Just now, NeutralState said:

Nothing is more satisfying than become a better version of yourself. Hope you apply the same vigor to your real life encounters.

Thank you very much.

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
1 minute ago, RichelieuKaiNi said:

Nice.

Thank you.

Just now, Ajax_the_Great1 said:

The key to purple stats is to dwell on your own failures.

I try to AAR myself a little bit as I setup the next match, win or lose.

• Bad 1