Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

what ship for the new mission

8 comments in this topic

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
226 posts
3,216 battles

What would be a good ship or class of ship for this weeks new mission.

Thanks

DS

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

Cruisers are typically king for operations because of their high DPM. A well-played carrier can be useful too and most battleships won't do to poorly. Destroyers, on the other hand...

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,174 battles

Honestly, you can't go wrong with a Cleveland for ANY of the tier 6 missions.  It has awesome gun dpm, AA and decent armor/health.  I grind my CV's in tier 6 as well, a CV is always useful too.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,395 battles

for Aegis, any BB with good mobility, slow BB's are fine if you know where you are going. For slow BB's you need to stay moving, and you'll head with the convoy when it heads to the exit.

Any Cruiser that you're good in. Doesn't really matter what, everything's a good choice

Any CV, as long as you know the basics of CV warfare. Not a bad place to work on your skills if you know the basics. You can set your autopilot to loop around to the south and park you near the exit point behind an island, and focus on working on your planes.

Any Gun DD, as long as you shoot well (the Gaede is good with the 150mm guns, have fun Citadeling the Kuma's, Furataka's and Aoba's.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,431 battles
51 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

What would be a good ship or class of ship for this weeks new mission.

Thanks

DS

Hey DarkStormy - the link below contains a table that suggests ship types to use to complete various task types in campaigs/challenges/missions more efficiently and faster.

WOWS Enjoyment - Ships to Have in Port to Participate in In-Game Goodies

Expands on the previous article going into specifics regarding Missions, Campaigns, Challenges and Scenarios and the type of task activities required.  Knowing this allows you to have the right types of ships in your port to more efficiently achieve the task rewards while minimizing the number of games played.

Good luck this weekend!  o7

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Graf Spee is a favorite of mine for Operations.  If you stray into a torp, it's not the end of the world, and 11 inch AP does good damage to anything.  Rate of fire isn't great, but, there's always normal high RoF cruisers along to secure the kills on the damaged ones.  My son and I usually go as a team, me in Graf Spee, and he in Fuso, Warspite, or Bayern.  We leave a trail of damaged ships behind us, and the cruisers will usually finish those up while we reload.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,571 posts
14,010 battles

Cleveland, Budyonny, La Gal / DeGrasse, N-Berg / Makarov... For Cruisers, these fast shooting, DPM oriented ones are good choices.  The gunnery of these other CLs are better than Cleveland who needs to get closer, but Cleveland has sky-sweeping AA.  If you can get Cleveland up to the north for the CVL spawns, she'll easily wipe them out without breaking a sweat from bombers.  Still, just having Defensive Fire makes things easier, the CLs don't need to have Cleveland levels of AA, just Defensive Fire is a great security blanket.

Special mention for Perth.  She can creep / smoke to her advantage to help get past and engage the stream of ships in the northwest, and use the same ploy against the CVLs in the North.  In smoke, the dumb bots won't attack smoked ships like player CVs will.

Not fond of slow 21-25kt BBs here.  Normandie with her fast speed can keep up with the smaller ships.

Ryujo / Independence if well played, will make this entire thing even easier.

Sign in to follow this