You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoCoGaming3645

FreeXP conversion discount weekend...

15 comments in this topic

Members
842 posts

This is an FYI for those who didn't read the News

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/fools-rush-in/

April 13th to 17th, WG is changing the amount of EliteXP to FreeXP conversion you get for doubloons.

Instead of requiring 1 doubloon for every 25, they're offering to convert 35 for the same 1 doubloon. That's a 40% discount.

That said, let's be clear here for people unwilling to do the math themselves:

Buying doubloons in moderate amounts (between 3000 and 10,000 at once) gives you a somewhat better than 200 doubloons per $1.

That means, a good Real World Cost estimate using the new 1:35 discount ratio is this:

$1 allows you to convert roughly 7500 EliteXP to the same amount of FreeXP

My personal feelings on this is that it's never a wise thing to do this, but that's just my opinion. Do as you wish, but be fully informed when you make your choice.

• Cool 1

Members
9,862 posts
8 minutes ago, Scottsds said:

cool as i have a lot to convert

Read closer.....:fish_viking:

Elite XP

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
176 posts

Well that's not really worth buying a lot of doubloons over only have 105k to convert if I wanted to. Meanwhile I got around 1.3m in normal xp to convert I guess ill wait for the real sale down the road lol.

Members
3,407 posts
6,070 battles
4 minutes ago, DemonW0lf said:

Well that's not really worth buying a lot of doubloons over only have 105k to convert if I wanted to. Meanwhile I got around 1.3m in normal xp to convert I guess ill wait for the real sale down the road lol.

The "real" sale?  I don't know I have even seen one better than the 1:35 .

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
8 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

The "real" sale?  I don't know I have even seen one better than the 1:35 .

I think he means the real sale would be convertible ship XP, not commander elite xp.

• Cool 1

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
176 posts
5 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

I think he means the real sale would be convertible ship XP, not commander elite xp.

exactly.

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles
5 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

It's ship elite XP that can be converted with this sale, not the commander XP.

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles
31 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Read closer.....:fish_viking:

Elite XP

The symbols are a silver star turning into a gold star.  According to the wiki, a silver star is ship XP.  Elite Commander XP is silver with two Commanders on it.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Experience

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/berthday-party/

Shows Commander XP symbol

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
57 minutes ago, EAnybody said:

This is an FYI for those who didn't read the News

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/fools-rush-in/

April 13th to 17th, WG is changing the amount of EliteXP to FreeXP conversion you get for doubloons.

Instead of requiring 1 doubloon for every 25, they're offering to convert 35 for the same 1 doubloon. That's a 40% discount.

That said, let's be clear here for people unwilling to do the math themselves:

Buying doubloons in moderate amounts (between 3000 and 10,000 at once) gives you a somewhat better than 200 doubloons per $1.

That means, a good Real World Cost estimate using the new 1:35 discount ratio is this:

$1 allows you to convert roughly 7500 EliteXP to the same amount of FreeXP

My personal feelings on this is that it's never a wise thing to do this, but that's just my opinion. Do as you wish, but be fully informed when you make your choice.

No it doesn't. 25,000 dubloons is $100 which is 250 dubloons per dollar which is the cheapest you can buy without 15% dubloon discounts or Santa/Halloween crates.

[HSD]
Members
280 posts
9,403 battles

Ships become elite once you have researched all possible upgrades/refits available to them. Edit: This includes needing to research the next ship in the line.

So the unused XP sitting on an "elite" ship is "elite" XP from my understanding. Premiums are "elite" by virtue of having everything unlocked from the get go.

It is possible to accumulate huge amounts of XP on a ship and not have it be "elite" if you haven't researched something, an example would be the 203mm guns on the Mogami, I haven't researched them yet but my Mogami is accumulating XP. If I wanted to access that XP for conversion I would need to research the 203mm guns, then the Mogami would become "elite" and I could then convert the remaining XP.

Edited by Meatshield_No13

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
34 minutes ago, geser98 said:

It's ship elite XP that can be converted with this sale, not the commander XP.

My apologies, I guess I'm just used to them being commander xp, and I failed to see that!

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,544 battles

man was hoping for a better deal . have like 1M to convert and dont think i can justify the money for it .

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,671 battles
2 hours ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

man was hoping for a better deal . have like 1M to convert and dont think i can justify the money for it .

I've never seen better than 35 XP for 1 doubloon.

It isn't cheap, but it is as good as it gets.  Only you can decide what you are willing to pay.

I'm debating using the discount to convert some of the Ship XP on the Space Ships, but I'm farming enough that I don't think I need to spend the doubloons.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
2 hours ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

That's as good as i've ever seen sales. If you are waiting for a better sale, just don't hold your breath you'll end up the same shade as a unicum.