You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Is Turning Off "Animate Small Objects" Mandatory?

4 comments in this topic

[STW-D]
Members
1,859 posts
5,651 battles

Hello all.

If anyone here saw my post about Essex in the Americans carrier subforum, you'll know I'm trying to improve my play on that ship (which I'd love more advice for, honestly).

In the course of that, I noticed a reddit post that discussed how turning on/off "animate small objects" affects CV play

While it does seem like disabling the option is an improvement to CV play (and probably something that most CV unicums do to better execute the two tactics shown in the reddit post), I wonder if that is strictly necessary.

The reason being, to be honest, is that sometimes I like watching my fighters dogfight/attack enemy bombers, and I feel that it adds to the immersion.

Am I going to have to disable this lovely graphics option if I want to be better at CVs?

Link here 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,709 posts
11,324 battles

For me it is... but that's because my computer doesn't even rise to the level of potato...

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

Only if you feel your FPS are too low during busy segments.

[GSG-0]
Members
6 posts
676 battles

The setting shouldn't lower your performance too much. If you drop below your preferred FPS, then maybe you should turn it off. But I like it, so it's here to stay.

Interestingly, I had my best game ever after I turned it on. Granted, this was co-op, but still...

Spoiler

5adbda7b450d8_WorldofWarships20-Apr-1819_50_02.thumb.png.caddc7de52fa39569f3b6adf00af9dde.png