Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

Is the torpedo acceleration  skill worth the 20% reduction in range?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,238 posts
12,778 battles

Depends on the torpedo. I like to have 10 ~ 12 km range on my torpedoes so anything 16km+ gets TA.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,625 battles

On some ships yes I used it on CV too you have to weigh the risk on your own DD play it can really help if you are a tight DD player making torp runs on ships close to your detection range but if you are one of those players who is often torping around or outside of 8km ( this can happen just from radar ships being present) the speed is really a non factor as compared to being able to predict where ship's are likely going to be 30 secs+ from when you launch. Right now I am playing my Gearing with it luv those 71 knot 1.1 km detec torps on it and my Kagero , I don't have it for a few DD like Shinonome or any of the other US DD  or any German DD and use it off and on in my Shimakaze sometimes those 80+ knot torps are funny great if you got support at any cap for sure but can never count on it

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,855 posts
11,564 battles

In most cases, no. It's mostly a skill the benefits carrier torps IMO, though there are a few ships (Gearing being one) that it can work on. Personally, I would rather use those 3 points elsewhere, even for Gearing torps.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

Yeah, my opinion echos @Kapitan_Wuff's on this one; three points is a lot to spend for the limited number of situations you'll benefit from by using TA.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,837 posts
10,762 battles
13 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

TA is a two point skill.

Its mostly wasted on DD builds.

This. TA was mostly introduced as a superficial remedy to IJN torp nerf: Sorry we nerfed the speed and detection of the only valid weapon you have. Here's the workaround. It only costs you 2 skill points and 20% of range to recover less than 50% of detection lost.

The speed helps. But I suspect most people getting better results with TA from being forced to get closer.

Sign in to follow this