Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Maxing out commanders vs...

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Guess which took longer, leveling all these commanders:

Rv8Gfic.jpg

Or training these five tank crews:

kTfvpfw.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525
[KP]
Members
1,996 posts
18,419 battles
4 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Guess which took longer, leveling all these commanders:

Rv8Gfic.jpg

Or training these five tank crews:

kTfvpfw.jpg

Congrats I have 35 19pointers myself with over double your number of battles so you are on the right track. My joke is when someone says how many 19pointers do you have I want to be able to say "all of them" anyhow I'm guessing ships was easier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
4 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Congrats I have 35 19pointers myself with over double your number of battles so you are on the right track. My joke is when someone says how many 19pointers do you have I want to be able to say "all of them" anyhow I'm guessing ships was easier?

Ships was much easier.  One tank crew alone took well over 2,000 games, and you can't cross train like you can in warships.  But then again, I have not played tanks in ages, and now they have some boosters that probably make leveling crew easier and what not.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
7 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Congrats I have 35 19pointers myself with over double your number of battles so you are on the right track. My joke is when someone says how many 19pointers do you have I want to be able to say "all of them" anyhow I'm guessing ships was easier?

And here I am feeling so proud with my 10 19-pointers :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525
[KP]
Members
1,996 posts
18,419 battles
13 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

And here I am feeling so proud with my 10 19-pointers :D

I got over 15K battles man you'll get there.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,294
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,747 posts
9,451 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Ships was much easier.  One tank crew alone took well over 2,000 games, and you can't cross train like you can in warships.  But then again, I have not played tanks in ages, and now they have some boosters that probably make leveling crew easier and what not.

WoT, last I checked, remains just CoD on tracks. Just as much a twitch shooter as any FPS. Quite the corner they have painted themselves into.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,590
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,602 posts
14,017 battles
6 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

WoT, last I checked, remains just CoD on tracks. Just as much a twitch shooter as any FPS. Quite the corner they have painted themselves into.

Curious to know what you mean is going on there.  I never played WoT.  The last COD game I played was MW1 and I'm thinking the atmosphere of the franchise has changed drastically since that title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,952
[PVE]
Members
8,853 posts
7,257 battles
8 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

WoT, last I checked, remains just CoD on tracks. Just as much a twitch shooter as any FPS. Quite the corner they have painted themselves into.

 

I get seal clubbed regularly on WoT. I've only been playing a month and still am on T3, but there are games where the first I know someone is there is the firing ringing on the hull and then we are taking a walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[ICOP]
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles
1 hour ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

I got 1 lol

Me too.  And I'm proud of him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[VXR]
Members
5 posts
1,969 battles
4 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Ships was much easier.  One tank crew alone took well over 2,000 games, and you can't cross train like you can in warships.  But then again, I have not played tanks in ages, and now they have some boosters that probably make leveling crew easier and what not.

Yes... true... but have you gotten a tank crew to have all of the skills on each member? I'm not saying I have... but I feel that the 19 point limit is cutting potentials short a little. Maybe its just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,560 posts
3,739 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

I get seal clubbed regularly on WoT. I've only been playing a month and still am on T3, but there are games where the first I know someone is there is the firing ringing on the hull and then we are taking a walk.

I got about 10k games on WoT before I began to realize how absurd the RNG was and how demanding it was to maintain my stats let alone there being a lack of any sort of PvE content.

Once I hear any sort of news about PvE in WoT, I might just reinstall it again......I do miss my KV-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
26 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

I got about 10k games on WoT before I began to realize how absurd the RNG was and how demanding it was to maintain my stats let alone there being a lack of any sort of PvE content.

Once I hear any sort of news about PvE in WoT, I might just reinstall it again......I do miss my KV-2

What I hated most about WoT is that you keep running into little stalemates all over the maps, where handful of tanks have to duck in and out of cover and trade shots, until someone makes a mistake or two and one side gains an advantage.  This gets old faster than you would imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
391
[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,845 posts
6,756 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

What I hated most about WoT is that you keep running into little stalemates all over the maps, where handful of tanks have to duck in and out of cover and trade shots, until someone makes a mistake or two and one side gains an advantage.  This gets old faster than you would imagine.

You just described high level t10 gameplay in warships.

 

Not nearly as bad with the destruction of the smoke meta, but on any map other than ocean, it's all about using island cover to be able to shoot the other guy without being seen yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
[5BS]
Members
4,494 posts

I thought there is no 'max level' for Tank Crews? I thought they just keep earning points forever, just with exponentially increasing needed XP.

At any rate, I'm up to 17, 19pnt Commanders:

Their 'living' ships:

Leander

Minotaur

KGV

Lion

Conq

+1 19pnt Unassigned waiting for either a Battle Class or Daring Class Destroyer

New Orleans

Baltimore

Cleveland

Pensacola

DM,

Fletcher

North Carolina

Nagato

Hipper

Bismarck

Richeluie

And very close on ~4 more (17pnts on each).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
8 hours ago, Shadeylark said:

You just described high level t10 gameplay in warships.

 

Not nearly as bad with the destruction of the smoke meta, but on any map other than ocean, it's all about using island cover to be able to shoot the other guy without being seen yourself.

I just spammed crapload of high tier games to get my last (French) captain to 19, and I never camped.  Granted, there are some ships that are designed for island camping, especially USN cruisers.  But the ships I play work better in continuous motion.  WoT also has designated campers, namely tank destroyers.  But mediums and heavies are also herded into campfests, and there is no work around for it.

Edited by Ramsalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×