Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tempered_Tantrum

Can we start a petition to rework CV plz

11 comments in this topic

Members
52 posts
4,922 battles

I would like to propose a petition being drawn up so WG can see we as a community, want to see the cv get its re-work or at least see some drastic changes on test servers so we can at least start working on the problems.

Lets get a lot of names on here and get it done, I love this game but cv needs work.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
1 minute ago, Tempered_Tantrum said:

I would like to propose a petition being drawn up so WG can see we as a community, want to see the cv get its re-work or at least see some drastic changes on test servers so we can at least start working on the problems.

Lets get a lot of names on here and get it done, I love this game but cv needs work.

I give you an A for effort but unfortunately a rework is just not going to happen it seems at this point.  Good luck out there.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
220 posts

We tried that, it made it worse.

Best thing for Wargaming to do (with their obvious limitations) is to homogenize CVs.
That means CVs should be 99% mirrors between all nations that have them and get them in the future.
This means same HP, same Secondaries, same AA ratings, same amount of fighters, same hangar sizes, same speed, same plane speed, same plane HP, same plane amount per squadron, same Torp speed and damage and spread. Same fighter DPS. Same HE bomb damage etc etc
They can add minor national flavors by giving things like IJN access to DWT and USN gets AP bombs. 

If the homogenization makes CVs stale, well that is a simple fix too. Simply make auto drops less effective, make manual drops harder but even more effective. Increasing difficulty is an easy way to keep an archetype interesting.

• Bad 1

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,747 battles

Give them time to do it correctly. I would rather it be done well than rushed. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I'd like the CV rework, but I'd like it done right. And to do it right, other systems need changing as well. I honestly don't think people are going to like the CV changes when they happen. Right now your average player does virtually nothing to defend themselves from a CV. I just don't see how that can last, and have a balanced game.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
220 posts
6 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I'd like the CV rework, but I'd like it done right. And to do it right, other systems need changing as well. I honestly don't think people are going to like the CV changes when they happen. Right now your average player does virtually nothing to defend themselves from a CV. I just don't see how that can last, and have a balanced game.

Which is why I stated homogenization as the best option.  Make CVs jack of all trades, master of none. Then simply mark high AA ships (and Radar ships but that's a diff discussion) for MM purposes to guarantee there is more equality between the general AA power of each team.

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
7 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Right now your average player does virtually nothing to defend themselves

You are a broken record guy, the only thing one has to defend itself from manual drops are AA that's it you know it and we all know it quit denying it ffs.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,836 battles
10 minutes ago, cometguy said:

The best way to improve overall play is to remove CV's from randoms and put them in OPs or their own specific game mode. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
4 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

You are a broken record guy, the only thing one has to defend itself from manual drops are AA that's it you know it and we all know it quit denying it ffs.

? Either I am misunderstanding you, or you misunderstood me, but it seems like we're essentially in agreement. There's Jack :etc_swear: you can do to defend yourself from well executed manual drops, and those drops are devastating. 

WG isn't going to go the route of CVs aren't big damage dealers, and I'll get into that in a moment. But because they aren't going to go that route, players need a way to defend themselves from massive damage. And it's going to have to be more involved, because the current state shows what happens when it's uninvolved. People figure out how to beat the system.

Now, as for why CVs will deal a lot of damage: it's the way they attack. You can have all of your planes attack the same ship at once. So it doesn't matter if it's a thousand paper cuts at once, or a nuclear bomb. The only way you could get around that is for the sum total of all planes in the air not being able to do much damage. But they're not going to go that route. No one will play something that attacks very slowly, deals little damage, and can't afford to get near any enemies. So WG isn't going to waste time developing a ship type like that.

[WGA]
Administrator
661 posts
249 battles

While we of course absolutely love and encourage feedback, the team doesn't make development decisions based on petition.  Please continue to provide your thoughts on specific and constructive changes.  Thanks!

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1