Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Trying to break out of a slump can be difficult at times

9 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

I find myself in these cannot carry hard enough slumps of late.

I have been playing the Gearing a lot and other than a half dozen games I have literally handed my teams a win only to watch it get handed back.

You work so hard in a DD to get your teams an advantage on caps and spot for them and smoke screen for them  but yet they still screw it up.

Has to be the most frustrating ships (DD)  to constantly loose in when you have done everything right in such a way that losses should never happen but they do anyway.

I know players that always have success in their DD no matter what kind of teams they are on and I envy their ability to always win no matter what.

Maybe the Gearing is the issue maybe I have worn it out and need to move on to the Z-52 or Yang,  Captains seem to be  able to Carry harder in those ships when the odds are stacked more against them than the Gearing or Shima.

Id like to hear players thoughts on the success rate of Carrying in any of the other DD's compared to Gearing.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,436 posts
12,030 battles

Have been in a slump for the past month. Gearing is my most played tier 10 dd (2nd being Z-52), had some great games (and some where I was deleated early), go for naught, had had a number of games where team support was non-existent, or you get the awful CV player, and the other team gets the godlike CV player, or your team just gets rolled or your team just does enough to lose.  Sometimes just goes that way.  Have to say, some of my highest damage games are losses, if it is a target rich environment for a DD, many times this means your team is not doing well.  All the tier 10 DDs ( not including Knab, because really a light cruiser), have advantages and disadvantages, and all you can do as a Solo is your job as a DD (andhope your teammates are doing theirs) . Know that being in the top three on a losing team is small consolation, but sometimes all you have to judge your performance.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
51 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I find myself in these cannot carry hard enough slumps of late.

I have been playing the Gearing a lot and other than a half dozen games I have literally handed my teams a win only to watch it get handed back.

You work so hard in a DD to get your teams an advantage on caps and spot for them and smoke screen for them  but yet they still screw it up.

Has to be the most frustrating ships (DD)  to constantly loose in when you have done everything right in such a way that losses should never happen but they do anyway.

I know players that always have success in their DD no matter what kind of teams they are on and I envy their ability to always win no matter what.

Maybe the Gearing is the issue maybe I have worn it out and need to move on to the Z-52 or Yang,  Captains seem to be  able to Carry harder in those ships when the odds are stacked more against them than the Gearing or Shima.

Id like to hear players thoughts on the success rate of Carrying in any of the other DD's compared to Gearing.

I haven't played many games in my Gearing of late.  But in the few times I've played it, the Gearing has felt like maybe it's been power-creeped a bit.  I don't feel as comfortable in the Gearing as I do in the Z-52 or the Grozovoi.

One change that might be nice would be if they'd add a second torpedo option, possibly the Fletcher's top torpedoes.

[KNTAI]
Members
173 posts
4,737 battles

I'm not a DD player but I'll drop my two cents anyways/ I can say is that I get similar performances in Atago, a ship that can be a double-edged sword. It's a bit underwhelming compared to something like the Kutuzov or Belfast but in the right hands, she is a monster. But yeah, I've gotten a handful of games that ended with Krakens for her yet they're still losses, primarily because the other members of the team didn't bother to pull their own weight even when they see you going to town.

At the end of the day, you just do what you can. Screen BBs and CAs, tag along with a DD, and if there's a CV...well, just pray to the stars that yours is at least half-decent.

[B2P]
Members
488 posts
13,180 battles

The Gearing could definitely use a maneuverability buff.  It drives around like a tugboat compared to most DDs.  Add to this the fact that it sits pretty high on the water, and it is easier to target.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,767 posts
4,790 battles

I think the PA DDs are at or near the top in win rates at most tiers now. The advantages of DWTs seem to outweigh the disadvantages. My performance has gone up markedly since I started with the Gajah Madah and Chung Mu. Well, did well in all of them, except the T8. 4,6,7,9 and 10 are all keepers, in my book. 

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,167 battles

I think the issue is the teams not your Gearing play last two days have been that way for me , just battle your heart out manage to control the cap you focused only to look at the fact you are down 5 ships in 7 mins :Smile_sad:

I allway's like the fact with the Gearing or Z 52 you can look at the battle a few mins in and decide is this one where I support team members or is this just a go solo and farm n pray I just cant seem to do that in the Shima I need to play as a forward screen and hope to torp BB flanks and DD smoke, whenever I go off solo in Shima just = death for me from CV or random DD spots both Z 52 and  Gearing seem to do fine by themselves anyways hope you get some better teammates man:Smile_coin:

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,167 battles
13 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

The Gearing could definitely use a maneuverability buff.  It drives around like a tugboat compared to most DDs.  Add to this the fact that it sits pretty high on the water, and it is easier to target.

yes that would be nice for sure but would they??? man imagine 30 secs off the torps:Smile_great:

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

Yeah it kind of feels like when it comes to DD vs DD im good in the gearing no issues there.

But when it comes to being able to control the outcome of the game at hand I have lost some of that ability in the Gearing and it has become for me much harder to Carry with it.

I look at others that play the Z-52 for example and they seem to be able to Carry with much greater ease.

Sign in to follow this