You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Space battles should have been happy chaotic battle - now it is boring

27 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
711 posts
7,913 battles

Space battles should have been happy chaotic battle - now it is boring. WG - high tier battles masked as spacebattles is not a good idea. High tier battles are BORING! MORE BORING! DEAD BORING! Like putting Hilaryteers and Trumpeteers worst possible features together and claim it is fun.

I like chaos , mess , too much to do etc and that is fun, fun and MORE fun. Halloween missions was example of fun. Rapsutin (Rasputin) was fun. That kind of missions please. 

Ok WG - you perhaps have too much work to do but if someday you have more time, do not do it like spacebattles are today. Outer skin is positively yes but inside is just normal ships. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,074 battles

I main T10 and always enjoy playing my T10 ships. Your bias is definitely showing 

[SIM]
Members
2,433 posts
4,060 battles

Space Battles are fantastic, and a dedicated single-tier mode with a specifically curated roster of ships really seems to show off how this game could handle a more serious competitive mode further down the line. I’m just sad that it won’t be a permanent addition to the game.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
18 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Space battles should have been happy chaotic battle - now it is boring. WG - high tier battles masked as spacebattles is not a good idea. High tier battles are BORING! MORE BORING! DEAD BORING! Like putting Hilaryteers and Trumpeteers worst possible features together and claim it is fun.

I like chaos , mess , too much to do etc and that is fun, fun and MORE fun. Halloween missions was example of fun. Rapsutin (Rasputin) was fun. That kind of missions please. 

Ok WG - you perhaps have too much work to do but if someday you have more time, do not do it like spacebattles are today. Outer skin is positively yes but inside is just normal ships. 

High tier battles are NOT boring.  What you describe as "fun", I call boring.  Utter chaos is NOT fun for me.  Never has been, never will be.  

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,185 battles

I agree with you OP. I have all the ships in space battles as it is. Aside from an awesome new look and sounds, its just tier 10 battles. No mechanics changed. The only bonus to playing them is the Sci-Fi camos for grinding future lines and the free commander exp. Aside from that, its really not that special.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles

A couple years ago, we has the Tier 11 Bottle-Sheep boats.  The Jacuzzi battles turned into 'flag farming' after the first week. 

This time around, we are farming Cmdr XP and some camo.  I'm up to 600K Elite XP myself.  A couple missions, I cleared over 1/4 million credits.

I like this a lot better than zero XP, zero credits, and a bunch of flags. 

And as of yet, nobody has found ways to cheat or exploit the mode.

I'm saying, "WELL DONE !!!"

• Cool 2

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,743 battles

It's space battles, no stats are recorded and in general nobody is going to tryhard it. You can play in a way where you can have fun, nobody is stopping you. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,925 battles
40 minutes ago, Spieges said:

I agree with you OP. I have all the ships in space battles as it is. Aside from an awesome new look and sounds, its just tier 10 battles. No mechanics changed. The only bonus to playing them is the Sci-Fi camos for grinding future lines and the free commander exp. Aside from that, its really not that special.

This event isn't for you. This is mostly for the Tier VI players who will probably not get to play Tier X ships for months yet, and it most rewards those players who have diversified along multiple ship lines. I have all of the space destroyers, cruisers and battleships activated and I am having a d*mn good time collecting elite captain XP & first-win bonuses and playing around with various skill builds on a no-risk basis (not that I care about my win rate anyway).

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,185 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This event isn't for you. This is mostly for the Tier VI players who will probably not get to play Tier X ships for months yet, and it most rewards those players who have diversified along multiple ship lines. I have all of the space destroyers, cruisers and battleships activated and I am having a d*mn good time collecting elite captain XP & first-win bonuses and playing around with various skill builds on a no-risk basis (not that I care about my win rate anyway).

Yeah, I know. I mostly dont mind. I just enjoy when they change up mechanics and what not, that hasnt really introduced anything exciting for me. To each their own, and Im glad people are enjoying it. Its just not exactly what I was hoping for.

Members
537 posts
2,753 battles

They should get rid of the Grid in the water so that it seems like we're actually in space

• Cool 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,074 battles
9 minutes ago, Desmios said:

They should get rid of the Grid in the water so that it seems like we're actually in space

I havent played the space battles but from the screenshots I've seen of them I think the main purpose of that is to not get distances and navigation confusing. In the regular game we have a clear waterline and can accurately judge distances. In SBs theres no clearly visible water or anything, so the grid is there to help with navigation 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,925 battles
28 minutes ago, Spieges said:

Yeah, I know. I mostly dont mind. I just enjoy when they change up mechanics and what not, that hasnt really introduced anything exciting for me. To each their own, and Im glad people are enjoying it. Its just not exactly what I was hoping for.

I took a lot of the ships out without speccing the captain skills just in case they had weird abilities like the Halloween ships did. I was a little bit disappointed to see they didn't have anything like that; on the other hand you can imagine the screaming about how OP ships would have been if they had those things.

Best to save the special abilities, super-reloads, invincibility shields etc. for operations against bots, like in Halloween. Fewer people complain that way.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,188 battles
2 hours ago, Finnkax said:

The stats do not count. so..... Space battles are what you make them. They can be happy and chaotic if you want.

[PIZZA]
Members
711 posts
7,913 battles
3 hours ago, paradat said:

The stats do not count. so..... Space battles are what you make them. They can be happy and chaotic if you want.

Disagree - one person cannot change feeling. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
6 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

But your feeling is your feeling.  It is not fact.  If you don't like the mode, go play something you do like.

[PIZZA]
Members
711 posts
7,913 battles
3 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

But your feeling is your feeling.  It is not fact.  If you don't like the mode, go play something you do like.

Exactly and it is also my critics to WG . I think WG likes to have critics. 

[WORX]
Members
1,638 posts
12,695 battles

I did say, back in Public test that the April fools event was a golden opportunity for war gaming to

1. wow us.
  2. Impress us with there creativity with new mechanics, 
  3. any thing, a New project they were working on, something.

We were hungry for that wow factor. Then space battle came out in Public test, I was disappointed. Other then  graphics dept doing an impressive job,  War gaming totally missed

• the opportunity to give us a product that failed delivered on the wow factor.
  • Failed to give us with something special to play with. Instead we have current state of space battles. 

Since public test, I played a few games. I just felt like I was playing regular/clan warfare mode of the game in well space setting. I just knew that after X amount of games the majority of the community will get bored of it.  For those of you that are not bored yet of space battles, this don't applies to you. For the many others that felt the way I did, I totally understand. Head up its only temporary game mode. Leave you comments below ... Cheers !

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
12 hours ago, Desmios said:

That's probably my biggest gripe with the mode.

[PIZZA]
Members
711 posts
7,913 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Since public test, I played a few games. I just felt like I was playing regular/clan warfare mode

Is it possible WG has now too much work to do - to do what and what purpose? Or worse - developers workers are reduced?

WG now advertise more than ever. 

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles

Took me all of 2 battles to decide this mode wasn't for me. While I would certainly like to earn a ton of that Elite Commander XP, I'm not going to play "Spaceballs, the Game" to earn it. The OP is correct...the Halloween stuff was a blast. New and different and rewarding too. Spaceballs just seems like tier 10 Random. One side or the other gets a landslide win based on who has more skilled players. Meh...nothing to see...move along.

Edited by Deputy276

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,188 battles
13 hours ago, Finnkax said:

Disagree you can change your feeling.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles
18 hours ago, Finnkax said:

Try drugs.

Legal ones.

[PIZZA]
Members
711 posts
7,913 battles
19 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Try drugs.

Legal ones.

Heyyy - You must be 10 year old kid who challenge old grandpa (me) . Yes - I am using heavy drugs for arthritis rheumatoides  (joints gone)  and other old age diseases like nerv system malfunction like hand shaking. That is why I have so poor winrate - what is your winrate by the way? Kids are usually very good at games like this! 

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,239 battles

IDK, it was fun for me and I don't regularly do T10 battles.

The localized psystorm and meteor shower were quite fun

The fact it is 9v9 gives plenty of breathing room, despite being a T10 match.

There's also no Yamato, Conq, Shima, Khab, Hindenburg or Midway, which are each broken in their own way, messing up the fun space battles offers.

It's just Gearing, Z-52, Zao, DM, Mino, Moskva, GK and France

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

what i don't like about space battles is, it's too dark, hard to see, and hard to aim