You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Over Achievers in Musashi - Darn You All to Heck

19 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles

Barely made Q2 rating with this performance

Musashi   Musashi  9 Japan 18 61.11% 1 318 110 276 1.22 0.28

Details

For crying out loud, how the hell are people doing so well in Musashi when Yamato with better stats are doing worse?

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,838 battles

Take a Yamato, downtier it without really nerfing it, then only give it to players with either an extremely large amount of free exp or cetacean-like qualities. You are not getting a representative sample of either the tier 9 ships or the playerbase, and the stats will show this accordingly. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,746 posts
11,361 battles

I can't get Mushy to work for me, to be fair I haven't played her very much, but ship just seems so meh to me.

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
14 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

how the hell are people doing so well in Musashi when Yamato with better stats are doing worse?

I cant lie, I have no answer to this question, I attribute it to having a greater enjoyment when playing Musashi then Yamato.

Maybes its that when I get poor accuracy games in Musashi, I can attribute that to the sigma more than myself then in a Yamato, preventing tilt?

All I can say is that I have never taken my Yamato out after acquiring Musashi, and that has not yet been likely to change. ( outside of the 10 co-op wins for the HSF containers, but that's co-op and it wasn't really a choice so I don't consider it )

[5BS]
Members
4,542 posts

Because it's a PTW [edited] ship that's no worse than a Yamato in any way that matters to a Battleship.

[CRMSN]
[CRMSN]
Members
68 posts
11,212 battles

The decreased dispersion on Musashi is also not entirely a curse.  Despite Yamato having more accurate guns, if you aim badly, more of your shells are bound to miss.  Whereas with Musashi...your bad aim may be countered by the weaker dispersion, granting you some hits.

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles

Musashi - OK.

Kutuzov - NOT OK

Me no understand.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

Members
8,085 posts
17,047 battles
16 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I can't get Mushy to work for me, to be fair I haven't played her very much, but ship just seems so meh to me.

Thanks to advice another player gave me I’m doing reasonably well with Mushi in Co-op, but not so much in Randoms.

Basically it’s like RNG has cursed me with overpenitis if I’m outside 10k; getting that close in Randoms often isn’t such a good idea, so yeah...

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,061 battles

48% in Yamato, 62% in Musashi. No idea why, but no complaints here. 

[SIM]
Members
2,454 posts
4,093 battles
21 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Musashi - OK.

Kutuzov - NOT OK

Me no understand.

Two things. First, Kutuzov was only pulled after WG had gathered a bunch of evidence/statistics that led them to determine that it was overpowered. This may happen to the Musashi eventually if its numbers over time are high enough. Compared to the Kutuzov, Musashi is still very new and so the sample size is small. Second, Kutuzov had incredible DPM from concealment thanks to its smoke consumable. Musashi may hit like a train, but it readily burns and therefore can be focused down by HE spam pretty reasonably. It’s not easy to kill of course, but it can be killed, as opposed to an “invisible” ship than puts out tremendous damage from almost complete safety.

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Two things. First, Kutuzov was only pulled after WG had gathered a bunch of evidence/statistics that led them to determine that it was overpowered. This may happen to the Musashi eventually if its numbers over time are high enough. Compared to the Kutuzov, Musashi is still very new and so the sample size is small. Second, Kutuzov had incredible DPM from concealment thanks to its smoke consumable. Musashi may hit like a train, but it readily burns and therefore can be focused down by HE spam pretty reasonably. It’s not easy to kill of course, but it can be killed, as opposed to an “invisible” ship than puts out tremendous damage from almost complete safety.

If that helps you rationalize a T10 against T7s- sure.

[SIM]
Members
2,454 posts
4,093 battles
1 minute ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

If that helps you rationalize a T10 against T7s- sure.

A nerfed Tier X with next to no AA in a game where fire and flooding deal percentage based damage irrelevant of level differences. :Smile-_tongue:

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles
28 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

A nerfed Tier X with next to no AA in a game where fire and flooding deal percentage based damage irrelevant of level differences. :Smile-_tongue:

Those poor things, with only a 44% survival rate (second only to Lion with that crazy heal at T9).

You can throw as many udon noodles at that Musashi justification wall as you want however, they just aren't going to stick. All evidence points to it being brutally overpowered at its tier and the current MM.

My guess is it would have even more absurd statistics were it not for T10 matches and the hapless, hopeless and helpless captains amongst us, who love the lore of some ships but play them like they're blindfolded with mittens on, thus tempering the numbers.

(I will readily admit I am quite incompetent with some ships i like and only play them in co-op now.)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,746 posts
11,361 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Thanks to advice another player gave me I’m doing reasonably well with Mushi in Co-op, but not so much in Randoms.

Basically it’s like RNG has cursed me with overpenitis if I’m outside 10k; getting that close in Randoms often isn’t such a good idea, so yeah...

RNG plays a role throughout this game, but it did feel that between the accuracy and the over pens, RNG was a bigger factor with Mushy than other ships I enjoy. I just didn't have the patience for it at the time (BBs are not my favorite anyway) But I did take her into CoOp too, to get the HSF containers, that was easier to get a consistent performance with her for sure.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Basically it’s like RNG has cursed me with overpenitis 

i think there are antibiotics that can cure that.:Smile_amazed: I'm still in shock the forum zealots didn't jump on you for posting that word. It certainly looks obscene. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Take a Yamato, downtier it without really nerfing it, then only give it to players with either an extremely large amount of free exp or cetacean-like qualities. You are not getting a representative sample of either the tier 9 ships or the playerbase, and the stats will show this accordingly. 

I am generally ignoring these topics, as I find little point in beating the dead horse, but let me tell you this:

i played roughly 250 games in Yamato and 250 games in Musashi, side by side, since Musashi came out.  I have also kept their stats recorded (being careful to separate existing Yamato stats).  What I see is that in 500 games between the two, all basic stats between them are nearly identical (accuracy, damage done, etc) except one: Musashi most definately wins more, very consistently.  The only possible explanation is softer MM.

Edited by Ramsalot

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,975 posts
6,462 battles
6 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Musashi Magic(tm) :Smile_teethhappy:

this

6 hours ago, Amenhir said:

It's a Yamato that can face t7s.

also this