You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

How's the US Cruiser Split Grind Going?

54 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,035 battles

Three days of free premium time coming up. Use it to grind your USN cruiser line and prepare for the split.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles

Sitting pretty on Cleveland, Pensacola, Baltimore and Des Memes in my port.

• Cool 1

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,516 battles

I've had the DM for about 2 years now, so....LOL

But yeah, I've been waiting for this for a long time now...bring it on!

Beta Testers
559 posts
3,457 battles

Done for a couple of years now. Tis my main class/line. Can't wait for the CLs, I'll have to put the IJN CV grind on hold.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,316 posts
3,668 battles

Have the NO for a few months now and not really interested in grinding it atm. But I got a friend of mine to start the game and grind the USN CA line to benefit from the split. We started about a month or so and with few battles he is just 750xp away from the Pepsicola.

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

Have the Cleveland and Pensacola in port. Have enough XP to research the NO, but haven’t decided if I want to yet. Waiting for the formal word on how the split will work. 

Members
332 posts
3,391 battles

Sitting on the Cleveland, Pepsi, and a new NO which isn't seeing much play time.  I have the Pepsi, Indy, and NO and prefer them in that order.  I guess the NO might grow on me some if I had it upgraded instead of stock.

Members
377 posts
8,240 battles

Started at Pensacola around Christmas, now I've fully upgraded Baltimore 2 weeks ago so technically I'm done... but playing the "Galaxy" in space battles has made me realise... I WANT A DES MOINES!!

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,925 battles

Got the Cleveland in the wee small hours of Monday morning.

Too many other things potentially going on this month, and not enough nervous energy left, to bother with a  hard grind to Pensacola, but if I'm going to get her anyway I don't mind climbing the heavy cruiser line slowly. If spectacular levels of generosity are formally promised in the line split, I have just enough free XP to get her immediately the night before.

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,716 battles
21 minutes ago, coletrain_commander said:

Have the Cleveland and Pensacola in port. Have enough XP to research the NO, but haven’t decided if I want to yet. Waiting for the formal word on how the split will work. 

What would be the reason not to research the NO?  Unless by "enough XP" you are including free XP, then the XP in Pensacola does you no good until you attain "elite" status by researching the NO (once elite, then you can convert whatever is left to FXP if desired).

I can understand maybe not purchasing the NO, but I'm unclear as to why you would not research it.

[WOLF6]
Members
661 posts
3,561 battles

I was dreading Pensacola and New Orleans, but after finally unlocking Baltimore, I have to say the dread was unwarranted.  I'm not the best player and to be honest sometimes I felt like I was failing my way to Baltimore - but I had more than two handful of good games, and even more bad ones.  But when you catch those cruisers broadside with your 203mm AP, and you wreck BB superstructures...  As someone well-known Youtuber says, "That's a paddling."   It's quite satisfying when those AP rounds hit home and BBs can't heal AP damage.

Quite the different play style than Cleveland.  Where I kept HE loaded on Cleveland, with Pensacola and Baltimore, AP was the round of choice for me, with HE being rare to load.

I have yet to play Baltimore, trying to decide how to proceed with the captain (move New Orleans captain up to Baltimore?)  Free XP the hull and gun modules?   dunno lots of choices.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
584 posts

All US Cruisers in port

Repurchased Omaha and grinded 36,500 for Dallas

Bought Cleveland and Baltimore perm camo (nets VI Pensacola, VIII Cleveland, VIII Baltimore and IX Buffalo camo)

10x at least 10 point CO's waiting

605,000 FXP (568,600 estimated for all US CL ships with B Hulls)

70mil coin for purchases (need about 45mil with Upgrades, minus Seattle)

Purchasing 4,500 DB for CO skill resets

Overkill?

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

Had the Cleveland pretty much finished from a long time ago. I can’t play too much during the week so between 2 days of premium and flags managed to make it to the Baltimore in about 60 games. Stopping there for the time being because that was too much grinding for me.

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,676 battles

I have the US cruiser line through Baltimore.  I need a few more credits to be able to complete the upgrades on Baltimore.  Once that is done, I will move my lead USN CA captain to her.  I am as ready for the split as I plan to be.

I am currently focusing on the Space Battles for the Elite Commander XP they generate.  I am also accumulating credits and Free XP.  I will likely continue to play these as long as the event lasts.

My next goals are Montana and Gearing.  Once they have been acquired, I will set the next target.

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles

Had Des Moines since 2015 because I stupidly fxp’d to get it, so everything’s been researched since then.

Have Pensy and like it; had NO and Baltimore since 2015, hated them both and sold them.

May have to buy them back, put in one of my innumerable spare captains, and let the chips fall as they may.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

can anyone tell me is there anyway to "pre-grind" cleveland and up on the CL branch? (not talking about free xp)

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,255 posts
24,709 battles

I didn't have to do much for the split.

1.  Omaha not affected by the split.  But I do have her in port with enough XP to unlock the tier 6 on new line.

2.  Cleveland already in port.  Will buy camo for her right before the split.

3.  Will rebuy Pensacola right before the split.

4.  New Orleans already in port.

5.  Baltimore already in port.

6.  Des Moines not affected by the split.  But I do have her unlocked.  Just waiting on a sale on her before buying.

• Cool 1

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

I have all the USN Cruisers from Cleveland to Des Moines in my port and lotsa FXP and Commander XP and am building up more of both.

On a side note, there was a Buffalo on my team in a match yesterday but I don't recall how well it did. So the USN CLs are in testing.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,255 posts
24,709 battles
4 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

can anyone tell me is there anyway to "pre-grind" cleveland and up on the CL branch? (not talking about free xp)

Only pre-grinding for new line you can do is

1.  Get enough XP on Omaha so that you can immediately unlock the new tier 6 CL.

2.  Have the current tier 6 Cleveland so you get the new tier 8 CL Cleveland.

3.  Buy permanent camo on the current tier 6 Cleveland so that you get the permanent camo on the new tier 8 CL Cleveland and the permanent camo on the new tier 6 Pensacola.  Basically you get a tier 6 perm camo and a tier 8 perm camo for the cost of a tier 6 perm camo.  This has yet to be confirmed but this should be the way it works judging by previous line splits.  

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,022 battles

I have 54730 xp on Omaha, 181324 xp on Cleveland, I own all the current line through DesMoines, and have 102+ Million Credits and 758K + Free XP to round out the corners. I am pretty well set and very much looking forward to the split!

[RESP]
Beta Testers
883 posts
7,094 battles

Have the Baltimore with enough Free XP to unlock the Des Memes if need be.

Members
567 posts
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

Three days of free premium time coming up. Use it to grind your USN cruiser line and prepare for the split.

What Split?

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,035 battles
15 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

Only pre-grinding for new line you can do is

1.  Get enough XP on Omaha so that you can immediately unlock the new tier 6 CL.

2.  Have the current tier 6 Cleveland so you get the new tier 8 CL Cleveland.

3.  Buy permanent camo on the current tier 6 Cleveland so that you get the permanent camo on the new tier 8 CL Cleveland and the permanent camo on the new tier 6 Pensacola.  Basically you get a tier 6 perm camo and a tier 8 perm camo for the cost of a tier 6 perm camo.  This has yet to be confirmed but this should be the way it works judging by previous line splits.  

Pretty sure it does not work that way.

You will get the new T6 cruisers if you have the current Cleveland, but you will not receive a T8 cleveland unless you already have T8 unlocked right now.

• Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I have Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans, and Baltimore in my port, with premium camo on Cleveland (and a freebie premy camo on New Orleans).

I'm ready.  Split it.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
2 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Pretty sure it does not work that way.

You will get the new T6 cruisers if you have the current Cleveland, but you will not receive a T8 cleveland unless you already have T8 unlocked right now.

From what I have read, you will.  I think Patton5150 is correct.  Everything is speculation, of course, until the official announcement.