You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kyralee

Space Battles Headaches?

23 comments in this topic

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,362 battles

After playing the new space battle mode on both the PTR and live servers I start getting headaches after two games and have to quite playing for a bit.  Does anyone else have physical problems playing in the space battle mode?  Headaches, eye strain, nausea? I don't have this problem in regular matches.

Don't get me wrong I love the mode and ships, I just can't physically play it as much as I want to.

• Cool 3

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles

It's the grid line with no background contrast that's making you nauseous. So when your ship moves at speed, the map's grind line looks like a mess of shifting patterns. Aim your camera at the horizon.

Edited by NeutralState

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
4 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

After playing the new space battle mode on both the PTR and live servers I start getting headaches after two games and have to quite playing for a bit.  Does anyone else have physical problems playing in the space battle mode?  Headaches, eye strain, nausea? I don't have this problem in regular matches.

Don't get me wrong I love the mode and ships, I just can't physically play it as much as I want to.

Its not just you I do as well, it sucks because i want to farm elite XP but its not worth the headache.:Smile_hiding:

[BBP]
Members
333 posts
4,029 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

It's the grid line with no background contrast that's making you nauseous. So when your ship moves at speed, the map's grind line looks like a mess of shifting patterns. Aim your camera at the horizon.

Either that or being proper training for space battles.

giphy.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,342 posts
9,433 battles

So THAT'S why I do so well in these battles.....

The Unicums are vomiting all over their keyboards.....    YES !!!!!

• Funny 4

[FARQD]
Members
308 posts
5,918 battles

Even I felt it nauseating  after a couple of battles so quit it. Know cpl of my friends too who get the same feeling so you are not alone :D

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles
21 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

I played two after the patch and felt very disoriented- worse than usual.

I tried it once last night again and same thing.

It doesn't bother most I guess- our loss. Oh well.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles
28 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Either that or being proper training for space battles.

giphy.gif

Some humans have their souls weighted down by gravity. They need to be liberated.

[EREKT]
Members
781 posts
5,784 battles
34 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

Its not just you I do as well, it sucks because i want to farm elite XP but its not worth the headache.:Smile_hiding:

What is this you speak of? Are there economic benefits that differ from regular battles?

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,362 battles
2 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

What is this you speak of? Are there economic benefits that differ from regular battles?

Sort of.  You get normal rewards plus whatever flags you equip, but the commanders are already 19 points so any commander exp you earn is automatically turned into Elite EXP.

Members
8,085 posts
17,047 battles

Haven’t noticed anything; but like one player suggested, I’m always watching the minimap and horizon; so maybe I just haven’t noticed anything...

[KP]
Members
2,015 posts
18,493 battles
1 hour ago, Kyralee said:

Yes it's unplayable for me f.....cks with my eyes I needed 3 Tylenol after 2 battles my head was pounding. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
290 posts
9,617 battles

I recommend drinking more alcohol while playing; works for me. Also, sorry to hear people are having issues playing.

kPl4NCn.gif

• Funny 1

Members
129 posts
6,644 battles

I played this in test and didn't like it much - it made me dizzy.  But, I kinda just forced myself through it (free elite commander's exp) and now it doesn't bother me at all.  I think you can just adjust to it.

[WFR]
Members
433 posts
2 hours ago, Kyralee said:

try to make small adjustments to your resolution or screen settings for this. some games will do the same to me, i feel at the improper resolution/screendistance etc, it can play havoc with optic input, for anyone. You might ask your optician or optometrist with a consult, they might be able to troubleshoot it for you, considerations made based on your possible corrective lenses, natural eye curvature/lens shape, and distance you sit from the screen.

Edited by SinisterSe7en

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
4 hours ago, Kyralee said:

just take the pain medicine and drink water and u be fine

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

I haven't felt ill or got a headache from space battles at all so far but I only play 6-10 games a night anyways so that could be it.

Members
3,415 posts
6,084 battles

No headaches or other physical symptoms but I have other issues seeing if ships are going in front of rocks/islands.

[WOLF2]
Members
867 posts
7,026 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I played this in test and didn't like it much - it made me dizzy.  But, I kinda just forced myself through it (free elite commander's exp) and now it doesn't bother me at all.  I think you can just adjust to it.

Yep.  Similar feeling in space games (Battlestar Galactica Online, Elite Dangerous), where there is no up or down.   A little disorienting at first, but you get used to it.

My problem is the transparent water, with some of my shots aimed at the bottom of the hull, rather than the waterline.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,672 posts
8,069 battles

The only thing that cause me headaches is the aiming. God you can't properly aim at broadside because of the space aspect .